• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall and anxiety - how best to sleep?

pablo8732

Greenlighter
Hi Guys,

Im currently a student and with exams coming up next week I've been taking some Adderall most days to help with studying (self-medicating, wasnt prescribed by doctor). Since last week i've been having a lot of anxiety, (first time this has ever happened to me) but I got given some Propronolol (40mg 3x a day) and it has helped a lot with this. However, I still have some issues with sleep. usually when taking Adderall I would have some weed and maybe a glass of wine and that would be fine.

But my recent anxiety makes this a bit more difficult and the weed+alcohol combo doesn't make me as relaxed as it did. My final exam is in a few days so I've only got a few more nights of sleep to go through. what would you guys recommend? I would have preferred to stick to the weed and alcohol, and not get any more pills involved, but thought maybe some valium would take the edge of the night time anxiety (before bed i get the worst anxiety), but not sure if can be combined with alcohol?

I have some Zopiclone at hand (which im thinking to save for the night before the exam), some Valium, and some Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), plus Weed and alcohol to help out if necessary. I've not tried Valium for sometime, but have heard that it makes for a drowsy next day? I know Diphenhydramine does make you groggy the following day too. All thoughts would be recommended.

Study in the day don't study at night just sleep. It's really too late to cram. And I wouldn't touch anything new your not used to taking so close to the exam. I can tell tell you how many tests I've blown from trying to get some sleep on some new sleeping pill only to wakeup messed up in the head

Thanks for your reply. I dont intend to cram at night or anything, im quite well prepared. Im just worried about the anxiety not letting me sleep. The night before my previous exam, i didnt manage to sleep for a single minute. Thats despite feeling very tired in the evening, and having almost a bottle of wine and quite a bit of weed to help with the sleep. Just dont want another scenario like that.

Story of my life. Unfortunately I never found a solution anything I took either did nothing or just made me relaxed enough to waste time on YouTube and still not sleep

Zopiclone did however did a great job at making every glass of water taste like metal in a way I can't even describe.

Story of my life. Unfortunately I never found a solution anything I took either did nothing or just made me relaxed enough to waste time on YouTube and still not sleep

Is your sleep issues down to anxiety too? I could deal with the bad after taste from zopiclone, but the big issue is that if you dont fall asleep on it youre stuck with all the weird hallucinations and weird stuff.

It didnt five me hallucinations nearly as bad as zolpidem and zaleplon. It just kinda made me feel high but not go to sleep just drugged. Ya id get anxiety end up sleeping a hour then blow the test