• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Adderall and Alcohol

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I'll try to keep it short, for about 5 or so years I've been taking adderall mostly only on the weekends, usually keep it under 60 mg a night on Friday and Saturday. I also drink a pretty good amount on those nights as well. Im in my early 30s. I really like to do it to stay up late and watch movies and stuff I don't get to do during the week because I go to sleep early. Especially given we're pretty much quarantined. Is this something that's going to be severely damaging? I take care of myself pretty well, take supplements, workout 5 days a week, drink a lot of water, sleep fine, etc. Am I going to be ok? I tend to be a hypochondriac. I know its not healthy but like is there like a bad interaction with the two or anything? I keep myself at limits but I just want some feedback from more seasoned people.

Thanks

I want to say that although it isnt like taking any kind of speed and drinking is healthy, the level youre at isnt really that heavy to me and barring some underlying condition I dont think this level of weekend use is really going to be that damaging. This is coming from someone who is currently using meth as a daily habit and drinks a shitton at times though.

Using Adderall and drinking alcohol could cause a strain on your heart in particular and other systems in your body. Any good amount of alcohol in a night can wear at someone too but I dont know man youre just doing the weekend warrior thing. I cant answer this kind of question too knowledgeably so far as exact medical risks at such and such a level but the impression I get is youre probably going to be ok. Youre not like me who has had alcohol and meth as a daily habit at points, heavily, and now has heart problems. I guess since you essentially are doing the same thing, you could develop the same issue fhough if your particular physiology cant handle a lesser level of a similar habit.

im rambling sorry im kind of messed up righf now

I'm just concerned about how it will effect me long term. I thought it was pretty common but apparently it's worse for you than I originally thought based what I read online I guess?

I'm just concerned about how it will effect me long term. I thought it was pretty common but apparently it's worse for you than I originally thought based what I read online I guess?

Lets be realistic, of course it will affect you long term.. everything we do will have an effect on us. But like he said, you not going on very high doses...but I don't know exactly os gonna affect you, but sure it will in some time way.

If I was you, I would stop doing it all weekends. But that is me, I like do to drugs but in the "smart way" ( its never Smart doing drugs but you get my point)

Lets be realistic, of course it will affect you long term.. everything we do will have an effect on us. But like he said, you not going on very high doses...but I don't know exactly os gonna affect you, but sure it will in some time way.

If I was you, I would stop doing it all weekends. But that is me, I like do to drugs but in the "smart way" ( its never Smart doing drugs but you get my point)
I dont really have any reason to do it during the week though. I like to be able to stay up late on weekends since I go to bed so early during the week. I'm just concerned about my heart I guess. Huge hypochondriac. Blessing and a curse