• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Adderall advice

Reezy009

Greenlighter
st I apologize if I don’t this incorrectly I looked for an amphetamine catergory I’m pretty naive to this site. I currently take 7.5 mg of adderall mom-fri but I feel like I no longer notice it working. I’ve read a lot of posts but I’ve seen so many different things and conflicting information and the post were all pretty dated. I don’t want to ask my dr to up my dose besides the facts of not just wanting to take a higher dose due to long term health effect my dr was hesistant to up my from 5 mg daily. How long would one need to take a break for my tolerance to reset. I’ve read consuming 500-1000 mg of tums 30 mins to an hour before taking adderall increases the effects. I also read taking magnesium can help with reducing your tolerance but what form
Of this would be the most effective as if read some have a relatively low bioavailability. I also read taking vitamin c is important when taking adderall but no one listed why. Would taking vyvanse while on my tolerance break be counter productive ( not sure if there is a cross tolerance there). I’m 6’0 roughly 185 lbs

Once I again I apologize in advance if I broke and rules here with this. I’m also on mobile so I apologize for any typos and thank you to anyone who takes time out their day to help me with this

Buddy, kintergardners take higher doses then you. If you actually get effects, just take a week off and or only use it on days you need it. Vyvanse is a whole different story and IMO, if you can get on that, ditch th adder all and get the Vyvanse. Much smoother,much better. Again technically all amphetamines have a cross tolerance, but if thats what you actually take and your doctors is not a complete moron, that is a very low dose.

Buddy, kintergardners take higher doses then you. If you actually get effects, just take a week off and or only use it on days you need it. Vyvanse is a whole different story and IMO, if you can get on that, ditch th adder all and get the Vyvanse. Much smoother,much better. Again technically all amphetamines have a cross tolerance, but if thats what you actually take and your doctors is not a complete moron, that is a very low dose.
I don’t argue with that point but I was 25 before I was diagnosed so I don’t wanna push it

I would just take a few days to a week off and take double the prescribed dose if your looking to get some of the good effects back for a bit, but ultimately tolerance trumps it all.

I would be honest with your Doc too and just tell him your thinking you might need a small increase. You are scripted a very small amount per day.

This is a slippery slope...you can't rely on it to raise mood or you'll end up in a bad spot. If you can keep to as low a dose as possible, things will eventually turn out for the better. You don't want to develop a stimulant addiction. I've never been so taken by a substance while thinking I had control. This was in the past, luckily.

People chasing that high end up using meth just to feel normal. At that point, brain damage is significant.

Vyvanse is metabolized into the same exact drug that adderall contains, which is amphetamine. So yes taking that on a tolerance break would be the exact opposite of a tolerance break.

In my experience the only thing that actually helps is taking time off to lower tolerance. You can try all the potentiation methods and they may work but you'll end up in the same scenario except you now need adderall and your potentiators to get half way decent effects. Time off it the only thing that will ensure that your tolerance stays low.