• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Adderall Absorbtion Through Nasal Tissue

ameteurscientist10

Greenlighter
First of all: My first thread :D I've read a lot of bluelight but never posted till now, very helpful stuff gentlemen. Onto business-

Like most people in these chem discussions I'm in my third year of college, premed/bio major. I started taking adderall a couple months ago. I'm at 30mg/day now. I've snorted it before but had some ideas and discoveries. This is more of an open discussion than one question.

First, truths about absorption (Let me know if I get these wrong, or should add some):

1) For the amphetamines in adderall to absorb into your blood, they must first pass through a liquid membrane (mucus in the nasal cavity/digestive track etc).

2) The fastest way to the brain is going to be through soft nasal tissue (needles aren’t worth it), followed by the mouth and gums and with oral/anal routes trailing.

With those two ideas in mind, the method that would induce the most euphoria would be through moist nasal tissue. However, mucus will tend to trap amphetamine as it is not the ideal solute.

Being an amateur scientist, I decided to improve the method of snorting. I poured out the "Sinus Relief Mist" in an generic nasal spray bottle and rinsed THOUROUGHLY (I don’t want to be taking oxymetazoline with amph, although it should theoretically increase absorption at unknown risks). I crushed 30mg of generic (not the bead type) adderall and dissolved it in about 40ml of saline solution from another generic nasal spray with no reactive ingredients. (I use the first spray bottle because it administers a limited amount of fluid per spray, as opposed to the second bottle which is more of a squirt bottle.

One spray from the solution contains somewhere between .15mg and .05mg of adderall. The effects are IMMEDIATE, peaking between 5 and 30 seconds and I'm able to fall asleep 15 minutes after. The onset is highly euphoric and energetic. The terms "Powering Up" and "Going Super Sayan" have been used to great accuracy.

I want to make sure is that I understand what is happening correctly. This is my break down.

The aqueous amph allows immediate absorption when coming into contact with soft nasal tissue. No need to try and pass through mucous or damage dry tissue.

The use of a spray bottle spreads out the amph throughout the nasal passage far better than snorting. (This should increase absorption and reduce damage caused as there won’t be unusually high concentrations of adderall around the nasal tissue)

The spray will be less damaging to your nasal passage in terms of damage caused by dryness. Breathe in the air! Don't be afraid to care!

The saline solution will have a higher density than normal water. So there should be more osmotic pressure outside the cells and thus increases the rate at which amph diffuses.

The last one is the big one for me. I was never an expert on osmotic pressure, that’s why I'm here! One bottle of spray has a lot of doses and is very potent. Also, if you're sketchy about your nose, you can just spray it under your tongue for slightly more drawn out effects.

What successes have other people had with this? Any ways to improve administration? I did my own research and seen most of this before, except for the effects of having a saline solution compared to water.

Thanks for reading!

tbh you could just skip the nasal bullshit and still snort it and fall asleep. that was my favorite. right before bed snorting 40 and being able to sleep. such a relief. but hey you can make make heroin into a spray and it has had similar results so i wouldn't be surprised if it is slightly more effective

also, snorting water after you snort anything greatly reduces the after nose stuffiness/hardness of rocks that clumped to the side of your nose. just snort it back out lol

There are a lot of inactive ingredients in the tablets; these are bad for your nasal tissue.

There are a lot of inactive ingredients in the tablets; these are bad for your nasal tissue.

this!

you need to dissolve quite a few (30+) tablets in hot water and filter through kitchen roll, then gently reduce on a pan without boiling (i'm a crap chemist but a fantastic cook). then when it forms a powder (or any kind of insoluble matter in the pan) be carefull and get the water off in a gentle wisps of steam fashion (takes ages). once its dry you have a snortable powder without a ton of chalk in it, the quality of the high increases vastly.

i did this with ritalin, and it was amazing. i've also made snortable powder out of poppy tea. the key is to NOT overheat it, a few wisps of steam are enough

^^^^

Exactly. Sleep?

1. Does the comedown come sooner, thus you crash and fall asleep?
2. Does your severe ADD give relief from the amph, allowing your mental fog to clear and speed the onset of sleep?

I don't know about the efficacy of the IN roa of adderall, but it's pretty effective for dextro-amphetamine 10mg or 'blues.' it cuts needed dose by 1/3-1/2. So for example I take 1/4 of a blue IN with comparable duration and effect to 1/2 orally--and It has a euphoric 'kick.'
Adderall mixes quite a few amphetamine isomers that are frankly shit. They may or may not be effective IN.

I don’t want to be taking oxymetazoline with amph, although it should theoretically increase absorption at unknown risks.
Oxymetazoline works as a decongestant by constricting the blood vessels in the nose, which would decrease absorption if anything.

I have been on Adderall for a decade and let me tell you, if you have ADHD and are accustomed to Adderall, you are able to wake up, pop adderall and fall right back to sleep if you wanted to...

Oxymetazoline works as a decongestant by constricting the blood vessels in the nose, which would decrease absorption if anything.

Prove it?

I've been addicted to nasal spray with Oxtmetazoline for 10 years,

I have insufflated many drugs including but not limited to amph, oxy, heroin, coke etc..

I have never noticed a loss in potentiation.

Not saying it would render things less effective, perhaps just a slower absorption. I've no evidence to show you, just drawing a conclusion based on what we know.

Also bear in mind that your tolerance to omtzln will be pretty huge, and it may not actually be constricting your capillaries any more, only reducing their size from swollen to "normal".

10mgXR beads

First of all: My first thread :D I've read a lot of bluelight but never posted till now, very helpful stuff gentlemen. Onto business-

Like most people in these chem discussions I'm in my third year of college, premed/bio major. I started taking adderall a couple months ago. I'm at 30mg/day now. I've snorted it before but had some ideas and discoveries. This is more of an open discussion than one question.

First, truths about absorption (Let me know if I get these wrong, or should add some):

1) For the amphetamines in adderall to absorb into your blood, they must first pass through a liquid membrane (mucus in the nasal cavity/digestive track etc).

2) The fastest way to the brain is going to be through soft nasal tissue (needles aren’t worth it), followed by the mouth and gums and with oral/anal routes trailing.

With those two ideas in mind, the method that would induce the most euphoria would be through moist nasal tissue. However, mucus will tend to trap amphetamine as it is not the ideal solute.

Being an amateur scientist, I decided to improve the method of snorting. I poured out the "Sinus Relief Mist" in an generic nasal spray bottle and rinsed THOUROUGHLY (I don’t want to be taking oxymetazoline with amph, although it should theoretically increase absorption at unknown risks). I crushed 30mg of generic (not the bead type) adderall and dissolved it in about 40ml of saline solution from another generic nasal spray with no reactive ingredients. (I use the first spray bottle because it administers a limited amount of fluid per spray, as opposed to the second bottle which is more of a squirt bottle.

One spray from the solution contains somewhere between .15mg and .05mg of adderall. The effects are IMMEDIATE, peaking between 5 and 30 seconds and I'm able to fall asleep 15 minutes after. The onset is highly euphoric and energetic. The terms "Powering Up" and "Going Super Sayan" have been used to great accuracy.

I want to make sure is that I understand what is happening correctly. This is my break down.

The aqueous amph allows immediate absorption when coming into contact with soft nasal tissue. No need to try and pass through mucous or damage dry tissue.

The use of a spray bottle spreads out the amph throughout the nasal passage far better than snorting. (This should increase absorption and reduce damage caused as there won’t be unusually high concentrations of adderall around the nasal tissue)

The spray will be less damaging to your nasal passage in terms of damage caused by dryness. Breathe in the air! Don't be afraid to care!

The saline solution will have a higher density than normal water. So there should be more osmotic pressure outside the cells and thus increases the rate at which amph diffuses.

The last one is the big one for me. I was never an expert on osmotic pressure, that’s why I'm here! One bottle of spray has a lot of doses and is very potent. Also, if you're sketchy about your nose, you can just spray it under your tongue for slightly more drawn out effects.

What successes have other people had with this? Any ways to improve administration? I did my own research and seen most of this before, except for the effects of having a saline solution compared to water.

Thanks for reading!

How would I go about this procedure if I had the 10mgXR with orange beads inside. Just smash those up and let them soak? hope this is still irrelevant being 3 Years later...THANKS!!

Last edited:
I have been taking Adderall, and amphetamines in general, for some 20+ years. When I take it for my stubborn ADHD, I usually take by mouth, can go back to sleep, and feel no subjective "buzz". Now, when taking for the purpose of euphoria, I have used most routes of administration, including IV injecting (methamphetamine). By saying that the needle is of no 'point' is terribly in need of clarification. I can't say I ever injected amphetamine, because there's too many insoluble solids in available tablets, but based upon my subjective experience with both majorly used forms of amphetamines I conclude that I have to call bullshit on the not using injection or whatever aforementioned reading material negatively said about injection. NOT saying injecting amphetamines of any kind is a great habit to get into, but if you'be found a friend in amphetamine, well, decide for yourselves. Point is, however you place these chemicals into your body be sure to know your body, and the effects of differing routes of administration. Know yourself and what's SAFEST for you.

I have an amphetamine sulphate nasal spray. Ít's very functional and stealth, but it also becomes way too easy to take another bump...

Plugging amphetamine is probably the best ROA for those looking to maximize drug utility while minimizing nasal damage. As long as you're not too prudish to avoid it.
Cell membranes aren't liquid either. The term you're looking for is "mucous membrane". Absorbtion of drugs in thhe nose/sinuses is due to the dense vein population in the sinuses, close to the surface of the nasal cavity.

Pure pharmaceutic d-amphetamine isn't irritating at all, but few have access to it unfortunately. Some years ago, the usual tablets were out of stock and I got capsules instead. They were filled with a nice white powder, from the taste I'd say it was mixed with lactose or something, for once no talcum, and that was the most easy drug ever for intranasal use ... not that I'd recommend to do this on the long term, but I didn't get a real kick either ... what I really like about the nasal route is the almost immediate onset and thus easy (re)dosing.