• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall *AB Generic Question

Davemp88

Bluelighter
So, Long-story short, Yes, I'm aware that Teva/Barr also makes the Brand name of 30mg Adderall, so the assumption would be that, like Greenstone LLC is to Pfizer, Teva's generic 30mg IR Adderall would be an "Authorized Generic," meaning identical to the brand name, just in different packaging. However, Teva/Barr's generic, which I personally know from experience is more potent with onset than my preferred brand, Sandoz/Eon Labs, is not TECHNICALLY an Authorized Generic, as Genuine AG's have to be CHEMICALLY EQUIVALENT to the brand name drug. The Sandoz/Eon labs brand only has 3 inactive ingredients, (one being an emulsifier), and to me may not provide as big of an amphetamine spike to the Bio-equivalency ratio used by Teva in the making of their Generic product. But would it be safe to assume, that Teva's generic is "as close" to what the brand name Adderall is "supposed" to feel like? I didn't have the option to get my Sandoz/Eon labs brand this time, so I opted for the only other brand I know for sure works. I'm curious about Sun Pharma's generic MP 447's, seeing as how they have two powerful emulsifier's: Crospovidone, and Povidone, which is said to increase the absorbtion concentration of the active ingredients in your blood plasma.

Teva's generic is "as close" to what the brand name Adderall is "supposed" to feel like?
Yes. Even meth is quite close to Adderall, so this generic would be very similar to Adderall.

So, Long-story short, Yes, I'm aware that Teva/Barr also makes the Brand name of 30mg Adderall, so the assumption would be that, like Greenstone LLC is to Pfizer, Teva's generic 30mg IR Adderall would be an "Authorized Generic," meaning identical to the brand name, just in different packaging. However, Teva/Barr's generic, which I personally know from experience is more potent with onset than my preferred brand, Sandoz/Eon Labs, is not TECHNICALLY an Authorized Generic, as Genuine AG's have to be CHEMICALLY EQUIVALENT to the brand name drug. The Sandoz/Eon labs brand only has 3 inactive ingredients, (one being an emulsifier), and to me may not provide as big of an amphetamine spike to the Bio-equivalency ratio used by Teva in the making of their Generic product. But would it be safe to assume, that Teva's generic is "as close" to what the brand name Adderall is "supposed" to feel like? I didn't have the option to get my Sandoz/Eon labs brand this time, so I opted for the only other brand I know for sure works. I'm curious about Sun Pharma's generic MP 447's, seeing as how they have two powerful emulsifier's: Crospovidone, and Povidone, which is said to increase the absorbtion concentration of the active ingredients in your blood plasma.

Yes I would assume Teva is most like brand name Adderall.

Ive been getting Aurobindo brand 30mg generic adderall lately and it kind of sucks. I asked the pharmacy if they could get Teva and they said no.

How would you rank the generics? I'd like to find an alternative to this Aurbindo indian bullshit.

I have my Doctor write on my prescriptions that I "Requires Specific Generics", or something to that affect on my prescriptions and it seems to help pharmacist decipher that I'm a genuine patient who has discussed this issue with his physician.

Also, independent "Mom 'n Pop" shops tend to have better access to different whole-sellars. My problem has been a pharmacy will get all the right manufacturer's I need for like 6 months, and then all of sudden, almost without fail for like 5 different pharmacies now, ALL OF A SUDDEN, I''ll go to call in a refill and they "won't be able to get it". This of course forces me to find a new pharmacy, which makes me looks bad as a patient, when really it's not my fault; Like this last place specifically said "Yes, whatever kind you need, and if the wrong kind comes in we can switch it out," lulling me into a false sense of security. My medications are literally a matter of LIFE AND DEATH to me; and I even believe it's AGAINST THE HIPPOCRATIC OATH; "DO NO HARM": If I explicitly tell a pharmacy manager why I need a certain brand of medication and they refuse to order it when clearly capable.

However, Teva/Barr's generic, which I personally know from experience is more potent with onset than my preferred brand, Sandoz/Eon Labs, is not TECHNICALLY an Authorized Generic, as Genuine AG's have to be CHEMICALLY EQUIVALENT to the brand name drug.

the only authorized generic for Adderall XR is sold by Takeda.

But would it be safe to assume, that Teva's generic is "as close" to what the brand name Adderall is "supposed" to feel like?

from the FDA approval letter to Teva:
FDA said:
The Division of Bioequivalence has determined [Teva brand] Dextroamphetamine Saccharate, Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, and Amphetamine Sulfate Extended-release Capsules, 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 25 mg, and 30 mg, to be bioequivalent and, therefore, therapeutically equivalent to the reference listed drug (RLD), Adderall XR Capsules, 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 25 mg, and 30 mg, respectively, of Shire Development, Inc. (Shire).

therefore it should feel the same

ALL OF A SUDDEN, I''ll go to call in a refill and they "won't be able to get it".
maybe there are actually supply problems, sometimes specific manufacturers have shortages of drugs they supply
also amphetamine is a controlled substance so it's a little more hassle to order than say, generic naproxen tablets

My medications are literally a matter of LIFE AND DEATH to me;
not getting your preferred brand of amphetamine won't kill you

I even believe it's AGAINST THE HIPPOCRATIC OATH; "DO NO HARM":
pharmacists are not physicians and don't take the hippocratic oath

the only authorized generic for Adderall XR is sold by Takeda.

from the FDA approval letter to Teva:

therefore it should feel the same

maybe there are actually supply problems, sometimes specific manufacturers have shortages of drugs they supply
also amphetamine is a controlled substance so it's a little more hassle to order than say, generic naproxen tablets

not getting your preferred brand of amphetamine won't kill you

pharmacists are not physicians and don't take the hippocratic oath

The generics of adderall do seem to feel a bit different from one another. Perhaps because it's a pretty complicated formulation compared to dextroamphetamine. Or perhaps the complicated formulation makes for variable absorption/metabolism that are dependent on external variables (stomach pH, blood glucose other things etc)

Ok, So UPDATE**:Was FINALLY, even though it was due for refill on April 17th, and I think it was in fact most likely due to a supply chain issue, because even during the current worldwide generic amphetamine salt combo base ingredient, Fortunately my secondary brand was the only brand on the current FDA Shortage list that showed Available in all categories, whereas say my Sandoz brand says Available, but under "Shortage Reason Per FDASIA", it says "Demand Increase For The Drug". And for your information Sekio, I take personal offense to your comment about me saying this is a LIFE AND DEATH issue for me. If I'm not properly medicated, I cannot be held liable for my behavior or the acts I commit while in a state of "mental insanity;" so in answer to your ignorant response, I say, I hope your foot tastes great.

If I'm not properly medicated, I cannot be held liable for my behavior or the acts I commit while in a state of "mental insanity;"

try convincing a jury of that

also not taking amphetamine isn't going to make you go insane. Maybe you'd sleep all day.

try convincing a jury of that

also not taking amphetamine isn't going to make you go insane. Maybe you'd sleep all day.

"Judge, it all started when the CVS gave me the wrong generic adderall. You see, when i ever get sandoz generics instead of teva..."

Might work.

I actually got used to this wacky Aurobindo indian adderall generic that i hated so much at first -- because after that script they gave me a generic made by Alvogen that was even. I thought, hey give me that indian bullshit back.

I'm switching to dextroamphetamine. Perhaps this indian stuff is plain racemic amphetamine 🤣.

I've never seen an independently made generic drug quantification study or analysis. Why is that? Perhaps an independent consumer body should exist to carry this out? Seems like they'd get plenty of donations to facilitate this. That said, the Indian and Israeli pharmaceutical companies would probably sue them out of existence

Also, independent "Mom 'n Pop" shops tend to have better access to different whole-sellars. My problem has been a pharmacy will get all the right manufacturer's I need for like 6 months, and then all of sudden, almost without fail for like 5 different pharmacies now, ALL OF A SUDDEN, I''ll go to call in a refill and they "won't be able to get it". This of course forces me to find a new pharmacy, which makes me looks bad as a patient, when really it's not my fault; Like this last place specifically said "Yes, whatever kind you need, and if the wrong kind comes in we can switch it out," lulling me into a false sense of security. My medications are literally a matter of LIFE AND DEATH to me; and I even believe it's AGAINST THE HIPPOCRATIC OATH; "DO NO HARM": If I explicitly tell a pharmacy manager why I need a certain brand of medication and they refuse to order it when clearly capable.
Strange Because I noticed this too, the ma&pop pharmacies being on par for 6 solid consecutive months then. Bam they tell you Mallincrockt is there new in store stocked generic lol sucks

My pharmacy always give me the brand xr and the ir same ”crap “ on file never issues

To update i switched to dexedrine, and same problem again with the generics. They are different.

Also dextroamphetamine just seems like a more therapeutic drug. Adderall, by virtue of the mostly adrenergic l-amphetamine, is more physically stimulating and perhaps more recreational, but its a bit edgier and more appetite suppressing. Perhaps a bit more recreational than dextroamphetamine though. Neither are very recreational at all. Any euphoria that potentially occurs happens early and lasts maybe 20 minutes then boom, gone.