• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

actually quitting smoking instead of planning to then fucking it off

I wish I could quit tobacco, but when a pack of 20 costs £3 from the local Polski Sklep it's far too tempting not to slip back into the habit, it really does seem harder to quit than heroin ffs D:

Am I the only one that can see the irony in that?

mate i actually shared a massive rant in NA about how we sit around promising each other freedom from active addiction then go out and have a fag. its fucking ridiculous. but, most people who have a few years under their belt have quit.

my local cdt are actually considering banning smoking, but people will just move down the pavement. it seems a bit pointless. 2 people ODd in there yesterday, quitting smoking simply isn't an urgent health matter for most people there.

i am shit. i have bought new tobacco. my moods been so low (my response yesterday when learning about the ods was 'there's good dark about then' and jealousy, i'm not in a healthy place) i feel like cutting down further will put me at risk. i intend to keep it to roughly 2 cigs a day, and quit fully when i've stabilised. the title of this thread was more prophetic than i'd hoped.

I wasn't taking a shot at you when I posted that, I think you got my point wrong.
Maybe it'll come as a shock but I actually think you are ok, there is only one on here I think should be pushed off a cliff & it don't take a genius to work it out, they have a real fetish over me but The Smiths made a track all about that idiot.

(my response yesterday when learning about the ods was 'there's good dark about then' and jealousy, i'm not in a healthy place)

Been there & said 100% the same thing myself, don't beat yourself up about it. People that use stuff like that tend to have a certain outlook upon life that can be seen as "dark" by others & when you get clean you look back at all the times you shot god knows what potency b into yourself & think it is "good" when your head hits your knee 10 mins later, heroin is the ultimate form of Nihilism.

Not being harsh here & this is MY view but a lot of the people on the gear I've come across, I'd say a good 8 out of 10 are better off not around on this planet. I've been burned many times by people I trusted, these days I don't give a fuck if your doing a 2 gram rattle 60 hours into it I'm NOT giving you fucking 10ml.

From a professional position, cutting down, excellent. Quitting, even better.

No rush to either end. The fact you are down to sub 5 a day is monumental. Unless you roll cigars, rollies are a lot smaller than normal fags. So you're onto a winner already.

Keep on keeping on. As long as you're plodding forwards it's better than looking back.

zop i didn't think you were having a dig, i was agreeing with you!! thanks man.

LNS- I roll like ridiculously stingy prison rolls. thanks!!

well, i am attempting to quit smoking again. the day after boxing day i went down to 4 cigs a day, then every 3 or 4 days reduced by one cig. it took me like a week on one a day to jump down to 0. i've had 2 cigs over the last week, and have enough baccy for one more cig. really hoping this is it this time. tapering slowly instead of attempting CT has really helped. as has having a motivation that isn't possible cancer a long time away, namely hiking up mountains this summer.

As long as you are still focussing and aren't sacking it off, you're going in the right direction! Good luck chinup.

I've had issues giving up before - normally "Ah, fuck it!" sometime in the first week.. Can *highly* recommend about 20 dizzies and a case of beer over 3 days in the arse end of nowhere with no access to shops. I'm off them 3 years now ..

i been nearly 2 weeks off the cigs now. amazed how much easier it is to run already, now its my legs rather than my lungs are the limiting factor.

i been nearly 2 weeks off the cigs now. amazed how much easier it is to run already, now its my legs rather than my lungs are the limiting factor.

Wow, you're a total inspiration Chinup. Not only have you given up smack and crack, you've now given up the fags. Please tell me you still drink...