• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Actions of Buspar &/or with Zoloft?

chicken hoagie

Bluelighter
I am curious what everyone thinks of Buspar, as far as comparing it's supposed pharmacological profile to personal anecdotes. I have been recommended by my Suboxone doctor to take Buspar prescribed by my physician. My sub doctor currently has me on zoloft with my subs, although I'm not sure if I have full faith in the benefits of taking an SSRI(I am not SEVERELY depressed by any means, but do lack focus and daily motivation/drive -- I have been unemployed for about a year now, and have never had to go out looking for a job on my own..have always had one, so my motivation to search has been lacking severely).

So, with all of this being said, I am curious about the buspar, and possibly in combination with the zoloft(which I have been taking on and off depending on how I feel that particular day), while also bearing in mind that I am on suboxone as well. I have been having TERRIBLE problems with delayed ejaculation and ED, whether I take the zoloft or not. It has been putting humongous tensions on my relationship, as things are very emotionally rocky at this time. I have read that buspar may help with this, and that a common "side effect" is premature ejaculation:!=D.

So, anecdotes, opinions, research?

Thanks!!!

Buspar is a pretty interesting drug - instead of inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, it hits various serotonin receptors directly, which apparently makes it a good match for an SSRI (the newest generation of antidepressants to hit the market, Viibryd and Brintellix, pretty much combine the effects of Buspar and a SSRI in one drug).

Buspar was originally advertised as an anti-anxiety agent which led a lot of people to consider it ineffective - it's not like a benzo that you can pop when you're feeling particularly stressed, but a drug that gradually reduces overall anxiety levels. As such, it does well in augmenting reuptake-inhibitor-type antidepressants.

Personally, I didn't get much out of Buspar, but my depression seems to be highly resistant to all sorts of serotonergics.

Last edited:
thanks for the input

BUMP...

Anyone know of anything else about buspar and how it's supposed oxytocin-inducing effects take place?