• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Acomplia

blueyedevil173

Bluelighter
I was hoping to get some insight on this drug. I stumbled across the name in reading about drugs to aid in smoking cessation. There are claims that w/d from opiates, alcohol, cannabis (LOL) and nicotine could be avoided altogether with the use of this drug.

Clearly, Suboxone (buprenorphine) has taken it's throne as the king of kick drugs for us opiate users. I was just wondering if there is anything to this, and if anyone has had experience with Acomplia?

Thanks for the input!

Wasn't this drug withdrawn from the US market by the FDA? It has a very bad reputation at triggering depressions and suicidal tendencies. The drug being a cannabinoid antagonist, I'm not surprised at all.

edit: the goal market is for obese people trying to lose weight (DCI (fr sp) name: Rimonabant)

I know this is old...but im posting in the hopes of reading about personal experiences with Acomplia and opiates/opioids. Just trying to resuscitate the thread..

I read an article a while ago mentioning this med for weight loss and addiction. said it got pulled for suicides and suicidal ideation being frequent in patients who took it. however scientists are developing other drugs that effect the endocannabinoid system at various receptors (one was mentioned that works at the same receptor/s as this one, but minus one receptor, the one that was apparently causing the depression problems in patients that took it) that are showing great promise for weight loss, addiction, depression and maybe more. sounded HIGHLY promising and very exciting.
...unfortunately that article was dated a good few years+ old and I would have hoped that we would have seen at least something come of it by now. but perhaps (hopefully) developers and the FDA are just being extremely careful in their development and approval process to make 100% sure something like what happened w/ rimonabant doesn't happen again. but I'm really hoping that this class of drugs WILL eventually make it's way to the market for mental health. the endocannabinoid system has a lot of positive potential for manipulation.