• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Acid base extract on poppy leaves

Benzodylan

Greenlighter
To start of it might be important to mention that the poppy leaves used in this extraction where picked late may, living in a temperate zone alkaloid content is not expected to be high and they also werent pharmaceutical poppies either, i just came across them one day.

I pulled out some plants (leaving about 40 or 50 to bloom out hihi, and brought them home to dry.
Once dry i measured out 50 grams and grinded them up. I then added 400ml of tap water and adjusted the ph with lemon juice to about 4,5.
This was shaken vigorously for several minutes and left to sit for about an hour with occasional shaking. The mixture was then filtered trough a cheesecloth, and the plant was washed again with 200ml of water to make sure all alkaloids had been collected.
Amonia was added to basify to ph 8.9, after some shaking the liquid was left to sit for about 5 minutes during wich precipitate clearly started forming on the bottom.
I then filtered it trough 2 coffee filters, and allowed the green goo to dry overnight.

This produced 0.96g of crude green flakey material.

Aprox. 0.1g was smoked of tin foil. the smoke was rather smooth compared to many legal highs, and almost immediately i felt a subtle warm fuzzy feeling in my head. Quickly accompanied with a slight sedation and some euphoric effects. Compareable to that of wild lettuce but stronger. The buzz lasted somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes.

I then decided that this extract was better smoked in a rolled unfiltered cigarette, and i was right :D
So i rolled a cig with 0.2g of the stuff and lit up. The taste btw is far from ideal, but the effects where deffinitly worth it. Signifficant sedation and euphoria quickly fell over me, and it also effectively releaved my back pain.

All in all i was surprised by the potency concidering the fact that it came from unripe poppies.
I also did an iso disolved .5g in isopropyl and filtered it trough a cigarette filter. After drying 0.06g of dark green goo was scraped of witch i smoked of tin foil,this procided a slight rush followed by the same effects as the cigarette.

I consider this to be a succesfull experiment, and im looking forward to whem them poppies are done blooming.

Last edited:
To start of it might be important to mention that the poppy leaves used in this extraction where picked late may, living in a temperate zone alkaloid content is not expected to be high and they also werent pharmaceutical poppies either, i just came across them one day.

I pulled out some plants (leaving about 40 or 50 to bloom out hihi, and brought them home to dry.
Once dry i measured out 50 grams and grinded them up. I then added 400ml of tap water and adjusted the ph with lemon juice to about 4,5.
This was shaken vigorously for several minutes and left to sit for about an hour with occasional shaking. The mixture was then filtered trough a cheesecloth, and the plant was washed again with 200ml of water to make sure all alkaloids had been collected.
Amonia was added to basify to ph 8.9, after some shaking the liquid was left to sit for about 5 minutes during wich precipitate clearly started forming on the bottom.
I then filtered it trough 2 coffee filters, and allowed the green goo to dry overnight.

This produced 0.96g of crude green flakey material.

Aprox. 0.1g was smoked of tin foil. the smoke was rather smooth compared to many legal highs, and almost immediately i felt a subtle warm fuzzy feeling in my head. Quickly accompanied with a slight sedation and some euphoric effects. Compareable to that of wild lettuce but stronger. The buzz lasted somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes.

I then decided that this extract was better smoked in a rolled unfiltered cigarette, and i was right :D
So i rolled a cig with 0.2g of the stuff and lit up. The taste btw is far from ideal, but the effects where deffinitly worth it. Signifficant sedation and euphoria quickly fell over me, and it also effectively releaved my back pain.

All in all i was surprised by the potency concidering the fact that it came from unripe poppies.
I also did an iso disolved .5g in isopropyl and filtered it trough a cigarette filter. After drying 0.06g of dark green goo was scraped of witch i smoked of tin foil,this procided a slight rush followed by the same effects as the cigarette.

I consider this to be a succesfull experiment, and im looking forward to whem them poppies are done blooming.

Once one has a water extract of the plant matter can it be frozen in ice cube trays or does it need to be boiled dry to not go off.im just wondering whether if leaving the morphine dissolved in water too long will make it go off as I know that a tea solution will eventually grow mould at least it does with magic mushrooms.im thinking freezing it sounds like a good idea but want to hear from anyone with experience in preserving the juice.

I have to agree that it seems like a decent amount of work for the yield, but if storing is your only concern, adding some EtOH would buy you a good deal of time. If you are looking to go longer than a few weeks, then freezing might be your best option.

Boiling off the water will destroy some of the alkaloids you're going to want, even if the morphine itself is somewhat resistant to degradation by heat. If reduction is the route you want to go, use light heat and air current over the vessel.

None of the alkaloids were destroyed by heat.simmering in the cooking stage and ss mixing bowl on a pot of boiling water for reducing.and yes I'm pretty sure the leaves have alkaloids and the stems.none of them had flowered or had the flower stem even developed.i read somewhere one guy just plucked some plants just before they flowered and putting them through a juicer and then concentrating it.i don't have a juicer so I simmered and reduced.he said he could get his liquid as potent as methadone.im guessing that's 10-20ml a dose so equal to that.

Ok one 50cm poppy plant with about six leaves on it and a marble sized pod was accidentally ripped out so I decided to just eat it .one hr ago it was chewed from pod which was the most bitter part and chewed all the way down to 1inch from the root which was the least bitter part where it was too solid and woody to chew.i also had my usual 60g seed rinse top up and washed the chewed up stem and leaves down with it. Now an hour later I'm feeling pretty cruisy more than I usually would be so just one unripe single stem plant with leaves is enough when eaten to give nice effects.