Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

acid and raving

[eK]

Bluelighter
im planning to take a trip when i go out later this month.
itll be the first time i do acid in a place with loud music and trippy lightshows.

anybody have experiences?

Edit: Event Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
good idea, dont do acid at raves..

do it when your in a house with a couple of mates you trust for the first few times..

acid and raves can be fun, but i don't recommend it for a first time.

If you do go ahead with it, make sure you scope out the location first off, and know where the chill areas are. also, i strongly suggest making sure you've got a few friends around as well, because i've found music can change a trip very quickly.

Other than that, have fun, and keep safe

acid goes well with psytrance
but i wouldnt eat a tab for ur first time there, depending what kind of person you are i dont think hardcore music and delysid are a great mix, lads piss me the fuck off when im on hallucinogenics

Edit: Event Removed

I've had plenty of experience tripping in clubs. Usually I take at the very least 3 decent hits and like to follow it up with some K if it's available. It's a lot of fun but only certain people will like it in that environment. I usually love to push my trips to a certain intensity where being in the club is like playing a game. It's a massive head fuck and you can come dangerously close to stepping over the line into a +3 trip but if you're only doing a couple of hits of acid by itself and you're reasonably experienced it shouldn't be any problem.

Harm reduction aside, dosing high enough whilst in a club to get your consciousness looping around is one of the most intense experiences you can ever have with acid. It's fun on one level, but the potential for a freakout increases 1000%

First time I dosed LSD was as an outdoor rave in the country hills near my old residence pre-'95 (which isn't that far from where I currently live); nevertheless, for me was a great time, but it can be overwhelming - it could've very well have been for me, but the night just worked.

I consider myself lucky and appreciate the experience I had - it could've went either way just like anyone via first-timer, thus again I find my experience lucky yet not exclusive; just depends on your mindset, environment, dose, etc.

First time I did acid was at an outdoor overnight festival. Highly recommend it. Starting on a lowish dose is probably a good idea.

Doing acid in a confined space is never good for me. Its intensely boring. Big outdoors where anything can go is what your mind needs on acid!

Id advise finding a large outdoor bush doof for your first trip

I did my first tab at a large forest festival it was the most amazing experience of my life

I would definitely make sure its a rather large party with lots of room to roam about and play and where your not too likely to get over crowded

Try dropping late at night (after 1am) and once that sunrise comes OMG :O

last of all dw about anything remeber it can all be fixed tommorow

i feel i should interject with a 'be careful with taking any drugs to festivals' with all the police presence they seem to be attracting? drugs dont necessarily enhance that sort of experience, especially if you can appreciate live music enough as it is. just be safe

hyroller said:
i feel i should interject with a 'be careful with taking any drugs to festivals' with all the police presence they seem to be attracting? drugs dont necessarily enhance that sort of experience, especially if you can appreciate live music enough as it is. just be safe

True and large crowds can become quite intimidating if your not comfortable with your environment

As with any psychedelic drug use, set and setting play an integral part in sculpting the ultimate experience. This could not be more true than with acid.

It appears from your initial post that you have used acid before but are now planning on using it in a new environment, namely, a rave. If you are mentally prepared (set), and you are comfortable in the environment where you will be taking the acid (setting), it can certainly lead to a truly amazing experience. My only suggestion would be to dose lower than you have in the past until you are familiar with your new found tripping environment while in the tripping state of mind.

LSD is an extremely powerful drug, in more ways than one, and should be treated with respect. Respect it and it will respect you.

Enjoy.
smile.gif

acid at a rave? oh god I couldn't think of anything worse.

acid needs to be outdoors, you need space, somewhere to chill. no way will you want to be stuck in some huge room packed with sweaty people with lights and music absolutely doing your head in...

The only "rave" type situation I would even consider doing a decent dose of a psychedelic drug (1.5-2 hits LSD, equivalent doses for other things like 2cb, mushrooms, 4-aco-DMT, etc) is at an outdoor psytrance party. Or to use the colloquial, which I do quite often, a "bush doof".

If it's your first time, do it in a comfortable place surrounded by people you trust. If you feel confident after this, try it in a trance club or maybe a rave if that's what you're keen on. It can be enjoyable, even though I haven't tripped at a hard trance rave, I think I would prefer tripping in a more relaxed, intimate place like a club. Which I have done numerous times, but on light doses. Never more than a hit. When I went over that limit I freaked out.

My preference however, as stated above, is a bush doof. Seriously, get yourself and your mates to one of these once you've got a few trips under your belts, it's an experience which you will never forget, and hopefully one that will get you into the scene. Although doofs can be and quite often are as hedonistic as raves, they seem more special. You're less likely to find fights and such at a doof as well. I have heard Northern NSW and QLD sometimes get the dodgy element around, but excluding the commercial partis held in Victora (names excluded, am I allowed to list them mods or no because it's in relation to drugs?), I have never experineced personal threats or anything like that.

college_dropout said:
I could. Acid at a death metal concert with lots of goths and emos.

hahahah that would be hell. Although I bet you some people might have done it. I was talking to a dude at a club night one night (metal/punk/emo) and he said he'd done cid at a club night a few times. Crazy goth.

[EDIT: Event name removed. Lil Angel15]

On a Goldfinger album someone mentions they were in a death metal mosh-pit while on 12 tabs of acid and reports that people were melting into each other. He retorts... fuck that !!

Anyway back to the issue at hand - i reckon the best advise so far given is from Acid rain who says to save it till afterwards..

yeah.. and just in case you happen to have a bad trip.. because hey, it could happen.. you wouldn't want to spoil your friends' nights in the event that they'd need to spend most of it babysitting you (not being harsh, just taking a considerate angle).