Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Acid and antidepressants.

Miss_Mush

Greenlighter
A mate of mine is on antidepressants at the moment (3 lovan caps a day) and she wants to try acid. I have no idea if the meds will react badly or favourably with the acid, anyone have any experiences/suggestions? I dont want her ending up in hospital! :p

Im not sure about any interactions between the two substances, but i wouldn't be recommending acid to anyone who is currently on anti-depressants. Acid is the last thing i would be giving to a depressed/mentally-ill person.

Some peopel say Prozac doesn't interfere with other drugs, but most say it does, and makes it weaker. One person I know peakls harder off MDMA using Lovan (Generic PBS/NHS Prozac) and also gets full effects off acid and mushrooms..

I wouldnt recommend it.

Yeah, ditto the above posts. Encourage her to finish her treatment and assess her condition before she tries powerful psychedelics/any mind fucking drug.

She needs to be in a fit mental state of health before she can dabble in any psychedelics, otherwise the risk of her going on a bad trip is way too high and no amount of anti-depressants can cure that. Give her more time to get over her issues first.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend. Acid exposes someone's mental state all too powerfully. Finish her treatment first, then once she can live without medication and not get depressed then she might give it a go.

My girlfriend is in fifth year medical school. About a month ago, she had to interview this guy in his early twenties. He had a history of being depressed, and had gauged his eyes out after taking acid for the first time, causing him to think he saw the devil.

I love acid, and have the best time of my life. But you can never be sure, and need to be strong mentally. Also, she'll want to have a good handle and understanding of everything that causes her to be depressed, or acid might freak her out.

Dr.Feelgood said:
She needs to be in a fit mental state of health before she can dabble in any psychedelics, otherwise the risk of her going on a bad trip is way too high and no amount of anti-depressants can cure that.

Yup yup. The first time I tried acid I split a dexter with my friend, (lets call her GirlFace) because she wanted to try it too.
When it started kicking in I was concerned I'd be unable to babysit so I asked a friend to keep and eye on GirlFace. This friend was too mad that we'd taken acid as she considered it a dirty drug and told GirlFace that she was an idiot for taking it.
A few hours later GirlFace was crying and we took her home cuz that's where she wanted to go, later we found out she had cut her legs up pretty bad, little incisions, 1cm cut, .5mm spacing, 1cm cut etc etc all over her legs.

Anywho, she was on anti-d's and clearly not in a fit mental state of health at the time so be very very careful.

Its all individual. I have been lon various Antidepresseants and taken heaps of pscyhedelics. If your friend is depressed she may have a difficult trip, which could either lead to further destabilisation or an increase in awareness about her condition. I would neither recommend it nor not- its worked for me, as well as with most phen and tryp drugs as well

Oh, LSD and SSRI's have no real dangerous interaction, just a potential reduction in effects.

I think the same goes for any powerful mind-altering drugs and people who have existing issues with depression or on anti-depressants. Looking after your friends sometimes means advising them to avoid drugs altogether... yeah it's unfair for those who are in that situation but that's life. :\