• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Achuma Alkaloids Next Week!!

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
So damn excited guys, next week will be my first time trying Mescaline acetate extracted from Achuma (T. Bridgesii) well mostly achuma, there was a tiny San Pedro cutting thrown in too.

I’ve had Mescaline acetate/full spectrum alkaloids from San Pedro and Peruvian Torch, but yet to do Achuma. Achuma has come to be my favorite cacti for its reliability and intensity, plus I get the impression its additional alkaloids may boost MDMA too. I’ve done tea and lots of crude extracts of Bridgesii before.

Anyone here with experience on pure Achuma alkaloids? I’ve got myself a 920mg so will split it 3 ways next weekend, along with some MDMA should be a good time :) I’ll report back.

-GC

Yes, always my go to. It grow like a weed here.

If lightly or not cleaned, it can be surprisingly strong. 300 + each should be a really good time. I wish I knew what the potentiating alkaloids are. I've seen lots of speculation, but no hard data.

I suspect it would synergize well with MDMA, although if I was doing that, I would go low on the MDMA, and take the MDMA about 2 or so hours in. That's just me speculating though as it's not a combination I've tried.

Have fun. Looking forward to your report.

Yes, always my go to. It grow like a weed here.

If lightly or not cleaned, it can be surprisingly strong. 300 + each should be a really good time. I wish I knew what the potentiating alkaloids are. I've seen lots of speculation, but no hard data.

I suspect it would synergize well with MDMA, although if I was doing that, I would go low on the MDMA, and take the MDMA about 2 or so hours in. That's just me speculating though as it's not a combination I've tried.

Have fun. Looking forward to your report.

I’ve done crude Bridgesii extract and tea with MDMA and definitely felt like there was potentiation going on that San Pedro doesn’t really seem to do often.

Usually I’ll get a few hours into the trip then eat my MDMA like you said.

I think your right though comparatively this extract should be more potent with those extra alkaloids, hopefully... 250mg of San Pedro or P Torch was a pretty decent experience for me, so this should be a good one :)

I’ve wondered if some cuttings have higher levels of DMPEA which helps to lengthen and strengthen the trip. DMA has shown to do something similar with MDMA. But I’ve yet to see analysis that shows it in any quantity..

-GC

Is the extraction straightforward? It looks easy but so do alot of things.

I mean I think it’s pretty easy, just time consuming. Also there’s always risk of dud cactus but I’ve yet to have it happen. Having some extra equipment helps though, a magnetic stirrer is a huge help in both pulling the freebase and the final acetate. As well as a separatory funnel.

I typically make a crude extract by soaking cacti chunks in distilled vinegar at room temperature for 2-3 weeks. Pour off through a metal screen, filters are too fine. Let dry completely in glass tray with fan on it.

Then I redissolve this in minimal water. Pour into a jar, rinse the tray with a bit more water to get it all. This time it was about 200ml of a dark brown slimy solution.

Added 75ml toluene (xylene works too), then basified with two 20g portions of sodium hydroxide/lye, 40g total. Stirring after each addition. After second addition I just leave it on the stirrer for an hour, but one could intermittently agitate it some other way by hand.

Use a separatory funnel to obtain the toluene/freebase, or suck it off with a glass turkey baster and/or glass dropper (best to use the baster until you can’t then switch to dropper, has to be glass.)

Pull 2x more times with 75ml each pull. 225ml total. Pour in clean distillled water and agitate to clean the non-polar solvent and freebase of any water soluble garbage which rode along. Separate and discard water.

Now pull 2-3x with distilled vinegar, 100ml was used each pull. Each pull was left on stir for an hour to ensure maximizing yields, but same as before hand agitation will work. Go hard on it, unlike the freebase pulling there’s much less risk for emulsions so you can shake the hell out of it.

Pool vinegar extracts and dry in glass tray under fan. I typically get some crystal formation with other tarry brown/yellow alkaloids mixed in. Contrary to popular belief Mescaline acetate can create nice clear/white needle like crystals if done right.

Yields are never big but nice once in awhile to not dread choking down tea or crude extract lol.

-GC

What kind of yeilds? And you dry the cactus first before soaking? Do you use the whole cactus or just the outer portions? I have maybe 60 total feet of mature san pedro growing around.

Well hard to say cuz I never tend to weigh my starting material, I just pick what’s available to me. But this time to give perspective I think it was about 18in or so of thicker cacti, that filled around 2 or so quart sized mason jars. From that I got 920mg, there was definite crystal formation amongst the end product with a few of them breaking off and flying around as I went to scraping.

I use fresh cactus, and use ALL of it. While a lot of alkaloids are concentrated in the green flesh there’s still lots of alkaloids in the inner white flesh too. Natives have access to large quantities and when making tea the green flesh is preferred but otherwise these days for us it’s wasteful. It’s either 1/3 or 2/3 the alkaloids are still in the white flesh.

And daaaamn, yea I dream of having that much lol. If it’s good genetics that’s gonna be a lot of extract.

From San Pedro I’ve yielded around 400mg per standard foot.

-GC

Welp that was interesting... Definitely different than either P Torch or San Pedro alkaloids.

I started with one 150mg capsule and within 45min was beginning to strongly feel the trip so decided 150mg was enough and split the rest 5 capsules with 5 other people.

The comeup was very rough, at points I was having jaw movements like I’d just snorted a gram line of cocaine and my body was shaking, yet simultaneously felt sedated/weighted down.

I threw up periodically throughout the experience partially from the Mescaline and MDMA and partly from the 90F weather. A lot of time was spent melted out under trees or canopies.

Overall for me the experience while intense wasn’t as spiritual or insightful, yet it felt cleansing. No one else purged quite like I was, or had the same bodyload. I chalked up my experience to the fact I’ve got a lot of physical and emotional trauma still from chemo and the Mescaline was hard at working cleaning me out.

At some point in the night I just gave up fighting the bodyload and laid in bed tripping hard.

The visuals really didn’t start get going until 5-6hrs in and I was still tripping good when I woke, having eaten it 2pm the day prior.

I don’t want to comment too negatively because while my trip was rough on the bodyload and nausea, no one else’s was.

The next night I had a candyflip which I feel the Mescaline influenced. The cleanse the night before set me up for an experience that has left me in a state of bliss and feeling right with the world again.

Overall the experience was more like mushrooms than the Mescaline I’d had before, my thoughts and words were discombobulated which is unusual. The bodyload/weighted down feeling also was different.

I also feel like my purified alkaloid experiences never quite reach the same place as my tea or crude extract ones, the euphoria and empathy aren’t quite as there. And the nausea actually gets worse for me!!

Out of the other 5, my wife had a very melted experience with zero nausea and good positive feelings, my one guy friend seemed like he was on cloud 9, his gf had nausea but quickly began to feel better, my brother and his girl were on too much shit to make heads or tails.

I think from now on I’m sticking to crude extracts, i truly believe there’s something missing in the purified alkaloids. That said my goal is to try and purify the crude extract to a point where it still maintains its good effects profile while simultaneously being as pure as possible. I plan to document and report my findings here as they come to light.

I wonder if a simple non-polar wash on the crude extract can make it more palatable while still retaining that good good ;)

Edit- One more thing, that 150mg was stronger than 250mg of San Pedro or P Torch alkaloids, also lasted longer.

-GC

Last edited:
Despite reports of achuma combined with MDMA without problems, I would absolutely not recommend this combination. For one, good achuma is stimulating and euphoric enough and some claim there to be alkaloids in Achuma which act as MAOIs and this could be very dangerous. I have taken mushrooms with cactus and had a great time though!

This post remnds me I better get drinking my bottle of Achuma soup sometime soon. Huachuma/Achuma gives me the longest lasting theraputc afterglow than any other psychedelic or plant medicne full stop. For months after, I can fel a shift in me, steering towards better life choices, being less regid in my thinking and more receptve to good advice.

Really is great medicine, for the mind, body and sou!

Despite reports of achuma combined with MDMA without problems, I would absolutely not recommend this combination. For one, good achuma is stimulating and euphoric enough and some claim there to be alkaloids in Achuma which act as MAOIs and this could be very dangerous. I have taken mushrooms with cactus and had a great time though!

This post remnds me I better get drinking my bottle of Achuma soup sometime soon. Huachuma/Achuma gives me the longest lasting theraputc afterglow than any other psychedelic or plant medicne full stop. For months after, I can fel a shift in me, steering towards better life choices, being less regid in my thinking and more receptve to good advice.

Really is great medicine, for the mind, body and sou!

I’ve had Achuma with MDMA quite a few times without incident. But I agree, Mescaline cacti definitely have the longest afterglow of them all which leaves me loving life. I’ve been very happy with my direction since the trip.

I'm confused. 150mg TAE from achuma made you trip? Or were you just microdosing?

Yup. I’d say on par with a hit of LSD, but for me much more bodyload.

Honestly I believe most folks don’t get theirs as pure as I’m usually able to, with San Pedro and P Torch the TAE (still mostly Mescaline though) hits good at 200-300mg for everyone I’ve given it to.

This wasn’t as visual as the 200-300mg of TAE from those two but much stronger physically and mentally. More mind fuck, must be other alkaloids in there which strengthen its potency.

-GC

interesting. i've had pure mescaline, and 150mg barely gave me psychedelia, no visuals, no mental effects, just mild stimulation and mood lift.