• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Aching hip joints when kratom wears off?

Berdo tm1

Bluelighter
Before you guys say 'stop taking kratom since your always making threads about side effects'..these threads have helped me diminish the side effects I speak of. Yesterday I mitigated both the constipation and anxiety from the good advice i received in these threads and my own testing.

Yesterday I was able to properly enjoy my dose without those hindrances that were sullying the experience previously.
---
So I find once kratom wears off I get a dull ache feeling in my hip joints. What is that about and is there some supplement to lower that effect?

Its not from sitting in awkward positions. In fact I walk alot more when I take kratom since I usually get the urge to go for a walk. Maybe it is from extra walking but I dont think so cos I walk every day quite a bit and dont notice this feeling.

It is certainly nitpicking as its not a big thing. I prefer not have that feeling but its certainly easily ignored if there isnt some easy solution to it. It only feels like the kind of ache you get when you have done some weighlifting and feel the ache the next day. Any ideas what it is and what to use to negate it?

It's withdrawal creeping on, the onset of RLS. There's really not much you can do about this, pain in your joints when kratom wears off is clearly labelled as a side effect. You can mask some side effects for a brief while but they'll be back. And the more you take it the worse and more generalized that pain will become. Opiates in general tend to really charge the root area of the body so when they wear off an increase in sensitivity in that region is noticed.

Yeah it's a rebound effect, since you feel less pain on opiates when it wears of your more sensitive.

'charge the root area of the body' lol sounds very vague like 'opening the chakras'

Yes i did suspect it might be withdrawal type effects and sounded similar to the RLS ppl spoke of. In that case I will know what to look out for to avoid it getting worse. It is actually more pronounced today since i took more than usual yesterday and i feel quite out of it today. Not due to compusion or anything just still trying to find my sweet spot. Quite the hangover type feeling that I prefer not to repeat. It has eaten into my productivity today.

So I will prefer a lower dose in future anyhow.

Last edited:
Well it's really not withdrawal because you only take it a couple times a week, correct? That's why I consider it a rebound effect instead withdrawal.

Yeah it's questionable as to whether or not rebound and withdrawal are actually different.

In my opinion rebound is withdrawal, it just happens to be a short and mild one opposed to one that lasts multiple days. Just like with alcohol withdrawal commonly being referred to as a hangover. They are different in a sense but they are also very similar as a hangover is just a short period of withdrawal.

And as for the opening of the chakras, that is what i'm talking about but opiates only really charge the root and suppress energy at that level so often follows a very primal/survivalist pattern of use with those substances. Withdrawal should begin to stem from rebound in that bodily area. This is all very 'hippy-dippy' though, and i don't plan to become a doctor anytime soon.

Definitely best to spread use out by several days at least to prevent potentiating these side effects.

Well rebound can happen after one use, and you cant become dependent after one use. Nor is a alcohol hangover (if your not dependent) withdrawal. Withdrawal only happens to people that become dependent on the drugs and use on a daily or very regular basis. Now they are both very similar, withdrawal and rebound, but withdrawal is more extreme and chronic.

I just want to reiterate what others have said about keeping usage down, as I've recently acquired a kratom habit and even now, little more than a month in it's blatantly not worth it and could have been easily avoided had I not let my guard down. I was using it for four months or so before I got hooked and during that time my little rule of thumb was basically to not let tolerance exceed 150%, so if 4 grams is normally a good dose, take a decent break (at least a full week) once you need 6 grams for the same effect. In practice this meant taking a day off for every dose taken, so if I just took one dose Monday morning, I wouldn't take any on Tuesday and if I then took two doses on Wednesday, I'd wait 'till Saturday. Now, you can get away with using it once or twice daily for up to a week and taking the following week off.. but for me, that was the start of a slippery slope. I did do that two or three times successfully with and withdrawal was barely noticeable when I stopped, but I made the mistake of not waiting a whole week after and then using it thrice a day every day for like a week and a half. Then when I thought I'd better take a break the withdrawal was quite significant. I think I could have dealt with it if I didn't have to do anything for two or three days, but work was, and still is, pretty manic and I simply couldn't deal with withdrawal and work at the same time.

Could be your kidneys. I used kratom heavily for about 2 years, and after tapering and halting use ive found out i have kidney stones. Id always get the pain 4-6 hours after dosing after the effects began to wear off.

Havent been able to make the correalation and by no means am i trying to make it for you. I did drink and use everything else imaginable, but kratom was my every day thing. I tossed and washed at least an ounce a day and found out through a lab urinalysis finding trace blood in my urine.

If you dont use drugs that youd mind a doctor finding in your system, a lab urinalysis could prove helpful. You could also get imaging done, which was my second step.

Good luck.

He doesn't use nearly enough to become dependent. Refresh my memory, what's your schedule berdo? Like once or twice a week? I know your one of the more cautious users.

Also, unless your kratom is a mineral deposit or you use an excessive amount of lime/lemon with your tea, kratom won't cause kidney stones... it's unheard of.

Yes I use once and leave 4 days in between and take again on the fifth so pretty much once a week.

I may try twice a week and see how i go as it woud be great if i can get away with it.

I dont have a desire for every day use I wouldnt want the mental clouding effects all the time but I think twice would give enough of an after glow the next days to pretty much cover my depression through the whole week.

Last edited: