• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Acetone wash?

What is bitrex? I dont recommend using it, unless in a pinch. Like if you cant get to a hardware store. And I know it's not like 100%, it's better than nothing at all though.
I hear ya.
Yeah you'd assume if it says 100%, it would be just that. But the bitrex is added (they say) to keep children from ingesting it. Idk maybe acetone is naturally sweet?
Anyway, its supposed to be the most bitter substance on the planet and its a synthetic additive so I believe it.

I tried nail polish remover one time and initially I was stoked to see no loss in product. Found out about the bitrex while waiting for it to dry lol.
After that I was too scared to test my gear until about 3 days later and dabbed a tiny bit on my tongue. Nothing. Just the bitter sting of good meth.
So I proceeded to do a few lines and 10 min later I began to feel really weird, and down. Tbe next 3-4 hours were hell. Mood went Up and down constantly. Almost like a drug that's sole action was initiating a crash if that makes sense lol. I felt this nasty sensation in the back of my head and waves of depression for those few hours.
Whether or not that came from something in the nail polish remover is anyone's guess, I really don't know. All I know is normal hardware store acetone hasn't given a single problem, ever.

I hear ya.
Yeah you'd assume if it says 100%, it would be just that. But the bitrex is added (they say) to keep children from ingesting it. Idk maybe acetone is naturally sweet?
Anyway, its supposed to be the most bitter substance on the planet and its a synthetic additive so I believe it.

I tried nail polish remover one time and initially I was stoked to see no loss in product. Found out about the bitrex while waiting for it to dry lol.
After that I was too scared to test my gear until about 3 days later and dabbed a tiny bit on my tongue. Nothing. Just the bitter sting of good meth.
So I proceeded to do a few lines and 10 min later I began to feel really weird, and down. Tbe next 3-4 hours were hell. Mood went Up and down constantly. Almost like a drug that's sole action was initiating a crash if that makes sense lol. I felt this nasty sensation in the back of my head and waves of depression for those few hours.
Whether or not that came from something in the nail polish remover is anyone's guess, I really don't know. All I know is normal hardware store acetone hasn't given a single problem, ever.
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. I definitely love to pick up information like that to add to the ole cesspool. :)
I havent done a bunch of acetone washes. I was determined to learn how to do one and when to do one. I've practiced a few times. And I was really nervous to smoke it after it had been soaked with acetone. It's weird how it doesnt change anything about the taste. I'd imagine acetone taste horrible.

I've always been told that the hardware store acetone is the best way to go. But usually when I have went to wash some, I used what I had a home, being nail polish remover because I was way to frustrated and impatient to mess around with going to the hardware store lol. That being the results of questionable junk dope. Luckily, I dont have to worry about that these days, but there was a time when I never knew. I either washed it or bleach tested it or just bitched about it lol.

When you smoke the dope and it cracks back, the pattern forms little pinwheel circles instead of how its suppose to look.

While I’ve never smoked crystal, I have seen pure pseudoephedrine crystals and indeed they form pinwheels. Just figured I’d throw that in here...

-GC