• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Acetone wash?

boofythe

Bluelighter
Read a few threads about acetone washing my product, is it worth it? does it really make a noticeable difference? is there a better high? what kind of acetone should i use? how much product is needed? do you recommend doing?

I personally don’t recommend doing it... I’ve never had much luck with it and much prefer doing an A/B for getting pure product for most drugs.

I always tell people, it’s very likely many of the cuts added have similar solubility properties to the drug they are added to. This makes acetone not all that great of an option.

I remember one time trying it on cocaine and all it did was left me with two layers of product, likely one layer being cut and the other more pure cocaine but still I’m not gonna manually scrape one off to see..

I then did an A/B and was left was some very pure product.

The only time I think acetone washing is good. Say you have some MDMA with residual oils like safrole/MDP2P/etc. These are soluble in the ‘tone and it is worth it to use in this case. Or any substance, say meth, that has an oily texture and clumps together.

-GC

Depends on the drug. If you can do an A/B extraction that's the way to go but otherwise a quick acetone wash could be useful and it's pretty easy to do.

Amphetamine sulphate (euro speed)? Definitely

Cocaine? Maybe, but won't get rid of levamisole and other common cuts. You also have to use anhydrous acetone or you'll probably lose quite a bit of cocaine since it's so water soluble. In that case it's best to dry the acetone using epson salts or molecular sieves.

Meth? Only if you can clearly see the cut/contamination (oils and stuff like G _Chem said). If you do it I also recommend putting it in the oven at like 105-120°C for 20-30min afterwards, if it has been cut with Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) you'll see it melting (if there's any left) and the resulting product is more pure IME.

Depends on the cutting agent in your dope. Ive had acetone washes turn out amazing and others not so much. I wouldnt worry too much about losing product because of water in your acetone. Just go to a hardware store and get some Kleen Strip. Dont use nailpolish remover.
What it is guranteed to fix though is bad tasting/smelling product.

Depends on the drug. If you can do an A/B extraction that's the way to go but otherwise a quick acetone wash could be useful and it's pretty easy to do.

Amphetamine sulphate (euro speed)? Definitely

Cocaine? Maybe, but won't get rid of levamisole and other common cuts. You also have to use anhydrous acetone or you'll probably lose quite a bit of cocaine since it's so water soluble. In that case it's best to dry the acetone using epson salts or molecular sieves.

Meth? Only if you can clearly see the cut/contamination (oils and stuff like G _Chem said). If you do it I also recommend putting it in the oven at like 105-120°C for 20-30min afterwards, if it has been cut with Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) you'll see it melting (if there's any left) and the resulting product is more pure IME.
this is for meth.. And what is an A/B extraction?
also i have thick wide chunks, they dont seem very oily but they are clouded and hard as fuck to break.. ive heard that could mean its cut or rerocked

this is for meth.. And what is an A/B extraction?
also i have thick wide chunks, they dont seem very oily but they are clouded and hard as fuck to break.. ive heard that could mean its cut or rerocked

It means acid/base extraction, there's a lot of info on google if you're interested. It's a very good way to purify a substance but it takes longer and you'll need some basic equipment.

So the way I see it you have 2 options if you want to wash your meth.
1) You could put the whole crystals in acetone, filter and let them dry. This will preserve the "crystal form" and it will get rid of some stuff that may be around the crystals but that's it.
2) You crush them into a fine powder and acetone-wash them. This is the best way but you'll end up with a powder.

What I'd do in your case is acetone wash a small amount to see how it ends up, if the product is substantially better than what you have now it might be worth doing it for the whole batch, otherwise don't bother.

The crystals should be on the harder side. Good shards typically can't be crushed using just your fingers.

How cloudy do u mean?

Really then I’ve been getting some decent shit then because most of the time it’s hard as fuck to snap off the smallest piece

The crystals should be on the harder side. Good shards typically can't be crushed using just your fingers.

How cloudy do u mean?
This is what i got recently, should i wash? Tastes like gasoline/rubber the first hit or two while the rock is still melting then its not as bad after its completely puddled. This is also what i meant by cloudy, because ive seen stuff thats literally see through like glass..
IMG-1816.jpg

This is what i got recently, should i wash? Tastes like gasoline/rubber the first hit or two while the rock is still melting then its not as bad after its completely puddled. This is also what i meant by cloudy, because ive seen stuff thats literally see through like glass..
IMG-1816.jpg

I've had meth that looked like that. See the white cloudy part? That looks like it has been recrystallized with MSM or something similar. A wash would probably get rid of it.

Nowadays it's kind of hard to tell how good it is just from the looks, there are many different cuts that make it look very appealing but you won't know for sure till you try it.
As I said, if you have doubts just wash a small amount (like a single crystal) and see if it's better than the starting product, it will take you 5min to do it.

"what kind of acetone should i use? how much product is needed? do you recommend doing?"
First of all, there is only one kind of Acétone, C3H6O,
Secondly, a cut that hasn't been identified will not persee be washable with acetone as it could be soluble as well.

IMG-1816.jpg
Grab one of those icebergs and crush it down to powder.
Get your hardware store acetone, a coffee filter, and a glass jar or glass cup (as long as its around 7" to 8" deep).
Rubber band that coffee filter around the rim of the jar, and dump your magic powder into it. Pour the acetone slowly.
CAP your acetone imediately after each pour.

Let it drain into the jar.
Repeat that a couple times and take your dope (still in the coffee filter) off the jar and set it somewhere to dry, idealy away from any sources of moisture.
All that should take 10-15 min max.

Grab one of those icebergs and crush it down to powder.
Get your hardware store acetone, a coffee filter, and a glass jar or glass cup (as long as its around 7" to 8" deep).
Rubber band that coffee filter around the rim of the jar, and dump your magic powder into it. Pour the acetone slowly.
CAP your acetone imediately after each pour.

Let it drain into the jar.
Repeat that a couple times and take your dope (still in the coffee filter) off the jar and set it somewhere to dry, idealy away from any sources of moisture.
All that should take 10-15 min max.

An alternative method is add the acetone slowly using a syringe, you can use the syringe to mix it at the same time. Then just filter it using a small piece of cotton (don't ever use cigarette filters as most of them will dissolve in acetone). I usually do like 2 or 3 of those washes (depending on the amount of meth) and use very little acetone, just enough so it mixes well with the powder (usually ~1mL for about 50-70mg, IIRC). But you can use more acetone if needed, as long as it doesn't have too much water in it you won't lose any product (barely any).
It takes me a couple of minutes to do it, I do it in one of these:
rubrik_schalen_uhrglasschalen.jpg

Has anyone experienced after doing a wash with acetone and smoking it in a pipe its cracks back still in pinwheels?? I heard pinwheels is cut or msm but how i just washed it??

Pinwheels is bad, that is definitely cut.

If you wanna wash your stuff and cant get to a hardware store, and all you can get is nail polish remover, make sure your acetone is 100%.
Washing it may not get all the cut but its certainly better than nothing.

I wash my stuff when I think its questionable. It's always turned out good for me.

Pinwheels are unreduced Sudafed. While not necessarily a good sign, its not a sign of cut either. Just a half-assed cook.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think a simple acetone wash is going to eliminate those. You'd need a total A/B reduction/recrystalization

If you wanna wash your stuff and cant get to a hardware store, and all you can get is nail polish remover, make sure your acetone is 100%.
Washing it may not get all the cut but its certainly better than nothing.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but nail polish remover is never a good option. Even the 100% stuff has bitrex in it, which may or may not evaporate as it dries.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but nail polish remover is never a good option. Even the 100% stuff has bitrex in it, which may or may not evaporate as it dries.
What is bitrex? I dont recommend using it, unless in a pinch. Like if you cant get to a hardware store. And I know it's not like 100%, it's better than nothing at all though.