• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Acetone (As a sedative.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychedelic Jay

Bluelighter
I can't find any papers on the use of acetone as a oral sedative.
I know it is quite foul to use in such a manor.

I feel that this needs to be handled in a very careful manor, as I do not wish to induce a coma.
I was going to try dissolving 1 ml of acetone in 10 ml of water as a start.

I was just planning to work my way up, but, I have no data to go on.
This in short was because I have no idea how steep the response curve is for such a thing.

Just how much am I supposed to be taking? I am moderately tolerant to alcohol.

I had no idea acetone could affect a body this way. In the name on harm reduction I feel like I cannot encourage it, though. You may want to take a look at this, the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for acetone.

Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive (gastrointestinal) tract (nausea, vomiting). It may also
affect the Central Nevous System (behavior), characterized by depression, fatigue, excitement, stupor, coma, headache,
altered sleep time, ataxia, tremors as well at the blood, liver, and urinary system (kidney, bladder, ureter) and endocrine
system. May also have musculoskeletal effects.

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927062

Please exercise extreme caution.

If you look at Ethanol, it says the exact same thing...

Pretty much goes for every volatile alcohol...

I have looked that up, but I am not looking to dose anywhere near that high.
One would probably pass out before that stage.

You don't seem uneducated, I just wouldn't have been able to feel good about myself approaching this question from any other angle. I am curious though, if you do decide to go through with it I hope you will let us know how it goes.

Thank you for the concern. I will gladly let you know how I proceeded with the future exercise.

I will post the data I come up with, as long as it is o.k. with the staff.
I feel this should be explored just like other medical volatile compounds.

Fucking hell.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything of the pharmacology of acetone but think about what you are doing. Are you really so desperate to get high you're going to drink nail varnish remover? I really wouldn't do that, and this is coming from a man who has used vodka to dissolve and inject benzos. Surely you're better off huffing petrol or something (although I would strongly advise against this too).

Please don't drink acetone.

So far 1 ml of pure acetone in 10 ml of water.

Effects: Slight sedation, easy going sense of euphoria, very similar but smoother than ethanol intoxication.

Heart rate increased by 6-10 beats a minute...

Blood pressure exactly the same...

Last edited:
Yes.

This is a lot safer than most think. It has the many of the same same intoxicating properties of ethyl alcohol, but has less hangover... < That besides the msds is the only thing I could find besides that it is a ketone that is naturally produced in small amounts by the body.

Please, no judging. This is not a desperate attempt to get high. Research.

Any further help will be appreciated.

But why?

I apologise for the judgement. Why do you feel the need to be the guinea pig for acetone? Do you not think people would have cottoned on by now if it was worth it?

True, I think it just fell out of favor as a sedative as there are much less dangerous, less foul compounds available.

^My question exactly.

I'm beginning to doubt the harm reduction value of this post. At least within BDD.

Please don't drink acetone.

Acetone is a drug no doubt. I know there are desperate alcoholics somewhere who would be very informed on how not to drink acetone.

Don't doubt anything about this post, as it is not enticing anyone to ingest it. I even made a trip report...

I never have been so played out by mods in such a manor.

I thought we could have a nice informing discussion, but I guess not.

Close it if you feel there is no value, but don't sit here and ask me over and over "Why?"

It was to find out the proper dosage as to anyone finding out it is a sedative that was used as a medication in the 19th century.

If it was isopropyl alcohol, something never used as a sedative in medicine, I would clearly detest...

I never have been so played out by mods in such a manor.

You have to understand that regardless of scientific experimenation, this is first and foremost a harm reduction community.

We have an obligation to the public keep it that way. It's nothing personal.

Maybe submit your report to erowid? It might suit better there.

You have to understand that regardless of scientific experimenation, this is first and foremost a harm reduction community.

We have an obligation to the public keep it that way. It's nothing personal.

Maybe submit your report to erowid? It might suit better there.

I understand whole heartedly, trust me. I am not advising anyone to do anything reckless.

It's one of those "Please do not do it, but, if you do, please exercise caution." type threads.

I was trying to find out why it was used as a sedative in the 19th century.

- It has GABA enhancing properties.
- It has anti-convolsant activity.
- It is a Ketone.
- People have special diets just to keep the levels of it higher than normal in their bloodstreams to prevent seizures.
- It cleans up dried super-glue residue quite nicely I might add. (Just thought I would throw that in there.)

It wasn't just a how to get high on glue remover.

Not that I am proud of it, but I tried it once. I was curious and I found out it isn't that toxic. I also tried some higher alcohols, which are far more dangerous. It has a bad reputation, which is completely undeserved. There are even special diets, which up the natural production of acetone.

So one night, I took 20ml strongly diluted, a dose which shouldn't kill you. The taste was masked by mixing it with fruit juice, which made it actually pleasantly to sip. Slightly fruity.
In about half an hour, a pleasant warm sedation spread over my body. It felt like a clean alcohol intoxication. Nothing to strong, but very relaxing. I guess it took me for an hour of 10. There is no hangover.

The only drawback was the smell afterwards, the full day I could taste the fruity taste, that makes it unacceptable as drug. But as emergency downer, I think it is something to consider.

I found this, concerning acetone, interesting: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1528-1167.2008.01844.x/full

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.