• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Acetaminophen safety question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Structure87

Greenlighter
First off let me start off by saying that I am 6'5'' 250lbs. As I know this has to do with how much acetaminophen you can safely ingest. I take it every day ( except for when I get roxys) but usually in the 10/325 which doesn't nearly worry me as much as the 5/325s, due to the amount I take.
I've taken 1300mg already and am about to take the another 1300mg approximately 4-5 hours later.
I've never had any issues with acetaminophen and I never go over 4000mg in a day. I remember when I was a kid my family would take 1500mg for a tiny headache ( before we really knew the dangers ).

So I guess my question is how much Acetaminophen does it take to saturate the glucuronidation pathway? is 1300mg enough so the next dose will start converting to NAPQI and damaging the liver?
I know 2600mg over 4 hours is nothing to sneeze at, but not life threatening either, as I will not be dosing again until tomorrow after work.

Can someone that knows more about this please Educate me. I've researched for hours but have not found anything that tells me how weight ( over 180lbs ) correlates to dosing size.

As long as you're not combining it with other drugs that can be hepatotoxic, like alcohol, or have a predisposition to hepatotoxicity, like help c, then you're perfectly fine. Just don't go over 4 grams in any 24 hour period.

I don't drink and am not predisposed. Do you know anything about Weight/Dose correlation?
Should a 250lb man be able to take more than one that weighs 150lbs?
Example being on a weekend when I can only get 5/325's ill take 12 each day crossing over the 4g/24hr point in the morning but only by a few hours. Have never had an bad effects from this.

Weight shouldn't make much difference. Most people can get away with taking over 4g without a problem, but it's risky with acetaminophen because there's a very sharp tipping point between being fine and being dead--literally. If you're going to be taking more than 4g of acetaminophen in a day, then you should just do a CWE to get rid of most of it. However, it's probably best to just cut back on the number of pills your taking. The acetaminophen is there partly as an abuse deterrent (a disgusting one). You might be getting into addiction territory

Status
Not open for further replies.