• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Accidental OD on meth first time please help

Y

Young man

Hi,

A few days ago me and a few of my bestest friends decided to get some ecstasy, which is something we occasionally do maybe once every month. We were given some pure white stuff and not being experts we just thought it was different mdma. I did a big bomb first then snorted more lines through the night. We started at about midnight. At first we felt really chatty, and sort of high but not a happy high, very strange to describe. I just thought I needed to do more. I had a few beers and also laughing gas. After about an hour I felt like I couldn't speak or I wasn't in control of my body. I could see everything happening but couldn't act. We decided to go on a walk and then things got really sinister. I remember my heart beating really fast and sweating loads and from then it felt like these friends, my bestest friends, were out to get me. First its like they were worried but then it developed into disgust and then ignoring me. I felt like I needed to say something but , like i said before, I felt trapped and couldn't really do anything besides follow them about. I couldn't smile and its almost like I didn't feel any emotion. We got back from the walk and I did more to try and get high, still thinking it was mdma, and it got worse. It seemed like every little thing that happened or they said was a cruel vindictive thing against me, like they were constantly laughing insulting and ignoring me to my face and I was aware of it but I couldn't act, like I couldn't get the words out. It even seems so real like it happened now, and I could go into loads of weird examples that terrify me, but basically they just became absolute devils towards me and I couldn't do anything.
I ended up leaving with my brother who is convinced the same thing happened but it was all aimed at him. It feels very messed up because they are my best mates. I didn't sleep for 3 days, even now I am only sleeping in little bits and it is difficult to do so.
I've talked to my friends about it and they are concerned and adamant that none of that happened and that the drugs are spinning it.

Will this feeling of emotional emptiness, lack of sleep and distrust go away? The worst thing is the doubt that it all may have happened. I've never felt so emotionally terrible. Please help reassure ... One first time over dose surely cannot make permanent problems or make me believe such delusions for ever??

Never tried meth, but I'm pretty sure that it will go away within a couple of days, its pretty much impossible to have permanent damage from just a one day meth usage.

Try and take a rest, eat lots of food with vitamins especially vitamin C they can help.

Youll be ok man i promise. When you do meth and keep on doing it it stays in your bloodstream because your body can only eliminate so much at one time so the more you do the longer it will stay in your blood stream you know what i mean? Its trying to get it all out and into your body can only get it out by time so the more you do the longer youll be high amd feeling the side effects like the guy above me said eat food lots of vitamin c drink lots of fluids and try your best to sleep good luck man im sorry this happened to you probably pretty scary if you've never used meth

calm down mate everyone gets that feeling that everything is directed towards them and everyone is conspiraying against them somehow lol

I just do not get the stimulant appeal. None of that sounds like a good time at all. The only stims I ever enjoyed was coke, and not snorted or smoke, just IVd and only if it was mixed with an IV opiate. I hope you feel better man, that does sound awful, but it should not be a perma thing. You don't have access to a benzo do you? That would be the best thing for you... though I do not recommend getting hooked on them. Just popping a benzo and getting some rest. Let you reset.

With all the chemicals floating around in today's world you might be better off buying testing kits online... It could have been worse you could have accidently taken a massive dose of A-PVP.

you took too much MDMA (or whatever) during the course of the niught and now you're paying the price

thsi is pretty textbook. keep dosages of MDMA below 200mg in a night for best results.

Ever try talk therapy? You may have an underlying issue here.

and don't take powders of unknown strength and provenance.

my phone isnt giving me the prefix option so i cant post this as a new thread so i will put this here. my original thread is this...

"hi...maybe you guys can help me out. Im an alcoholic and i have binges where i will have blackouts multiple times per week and do regrettable things. I was beginning a blackout about a week ago and found myself at some random persons house i met in a bar. I was offered a bong and started taking huge hits not knowing that it wasnt marijuana until about the 3rd hit but by the time i realized it was actually meth my self destructive side said f##k it and i kept going. Ive never done meth before this. Since it happened ive been getting headaches every day and have minor confusion but i have this sensation that i have a hat on my head or glasses on my head when im not wearing any. Is this common? could this be a symptom of something worse such as brain swelling? Also my heart was pounding out of my chest for 24 hrs. Can one day of spiked blood pressure and heart rate damage arteries and the cardio system or does that happen over time? Im afraid to go to my doctor because the insurance company sees his report and im afraid they will drop my coverage. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

les I dont think 1 day of a pounding heart will affect you that much but meth and alcohole do have a synergy that some like myself love the euphoria guess everyone is made up differently

i can totally see how people get addicted to it fast. Im worried about this sensation on my scalp, like im wearing a hat. that cant be normal.