• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acacia confusa

IME, it is much better to evaporate the final non-polar solvent off; one then is left with amber goo that is highly active. For some reason, freeze precipitation does not work well with acacia. Also, subjectively the product is quite different from mimosa extracts.

How would you say the dmt from acacia confusa is different from mimosa hostilis?
I have a lot of experience with mimosa back in the day when I could still get it. I only tried a small blob of the oil on some weed but the effects seemed pretty much just like the dmt from mimosa hostilis. It's very possible that I did too little to notice the difference.

The acacia seems seems more mellow and stretched out than mimosa. It has a slower onset and longer peak, and the comedown is also prolonged. Oftentimes I noticed the state of utter confusion and panic absolutely without the visual nuthouse typical of mimosa, something very similar to 5-MeO-DMT effects. I guess those differences are due to the fact that with acacia, what you actually get is a mixture of NMT and DMT.

I have never before in my life got any of those effects above as what you have stated from Acacia.
Acacia has NO 5-meo-dmt in it. It has NMT. Believe me,
NMT is a Taar 1 Agonist. I believe the Mild MAO effects are based off of that receptor which is why the prolonged duration, isn't incredibly "prolonged"
15 minutes is tripled into 45 minutes. If you smoke the wax//oil as one amorphous base chunk. I've found the 45 minutes can span a wide array of different visual effects but all are modestly similar, imagination realms are deepened.
Once i imagined tigers chasing jelly fish through bubbles which popped into the eye of Ra. But oddly i didn't have any "mental effects" other than a vicariously smooth and vicious clarity

Every time i've smoked the isolated DMT from The Acacia, there is a different personality to the the tree, to the plant, to the species. But ultimately if you want to get Philosophical about it DMT is the alchemical recording device for the lifespan of that tree. If you get it from Taiwan, you will get more Forbidden City type visuals, with Lions and Tigers and Ancient Japanese Lettering and if you get it from Hawaii, you will get more ethereal plant visuals and ethereal indescribable visuals and POWER, just POWER. Power that is useful in your daily life long after the experience. I like to think that if we are all Crystals... the Hawaiian DMT CLEANS you in the kindest way possible. It's like getting run over with a silk cloth.

NMT on it's own, if you smoke if out of a proper vaporization device Like a DABSTIX or a Gold Plated Contact Vaporizer with low heat, designed purely for smoking Wax and concentrates.
You can smoke anywhere between 200-300mg easily and it will produce a 45 minute antique inspired hallucination field which i keep on saying is like the being in the tinker elves work shop.
There is something steam punk about it and i just cannot go into anymore depth than that, it is not overwhelming as much as it is just briefly encapsulating.

Now Mimosa and Psychotria and Chaliponga.

Mimosa, is the Shamans tool. There havn't really been 'shamans' with these other plants. No one has worked with their gods, or spirits as much as the shamans who have worked with the gods and spirits of Mimosa.
So you have to imagine, that if "drugs" are a "gateway into other dimensions of thought" and if we can get DMT from a variety of plant sources, just like people can get wine from many different kind of grape sources.
If you are a True Aficionado, meaning you don't abuse it, and you respect the material, you will notice subtley different effects from varying sources of material.
Example: Italian wine, is obviously going to be better than any wine you get out of California. There is something Shamanic about growing grapes for generations and then using an alchemical process to create an elixir
It's about time, and process, and love exactly the same things you need when making Dmt.

So you have to imagine, like seriously join me on this imagination quest.

That the true shamans of Mimsoa have left their mark within it's material and spiritual plant realm. Just like the Italians have left their mark in the Wine world. By having put all of that love and time and care and joy into the process.
Just like people have left their mark in the cross breeding of different marijuana plants. All of these realms or dimensions to the different layers of everything you can experience from the DMT you can acquire are just different ways of looking into the realms of the spirits of the plants the people who use them. So ultimately i feel it can be the EXACT same chemical, but if it comes from a different plant source, with a different set of cultural values surrounding it on a daily basis. it will produce different effects. its all about vibrations.

Last edited:
IME, it is much better to evaporate the final non-polar solvent off; one then is left with amber goo that is highly active. For some reason, freeze precipitation does not work well with acacia. Also, subjectively the product is quite different from mimosa extracts.

Probably ought to try a defat out the outset...???
IME, evaporation is a poor way to get a pure product.

It really depends on the material...when working with Brazilian mimosa, for instance, there are so little fats that evaporating yields exactly the same fluffy crystals as precipitation does, albeit in larger quantities. My attempts at defatting acacia were not impressive: the fats appeared to migrate with the spice when manipulating the pH. Strangely enough, I only got acceptable results with acacia when doing the most basic STB and then letting the naptha evaporate. A/B and elaborate purification cycles resulted in significant loss of product. I also got the best results with trunk bark, not root bark...

I've only extracted acacia once and was underwhelmed with final product...
the defat was something I neglected due to my own ignorance.