• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Abuse of adderall

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I have always liked adderall but it was once in a blue moon... until I recieved a script and began to go through stunts of abusing it. I don't use it everyday but some weeks I've gone through larger amounts such as 70-100mg throughout the day in increments of 20 mg - 40 mg at a time. I think that adderall is highly addicting and not respected enough in terms of how powerful the drug is. Legitimately it has made me crazy at times. I'm wondering if I have done perma damage to my brain or heart at this point if I have taken 70+ mgs or so everyday for certain weeks and am strongly considering getting rid of my script. :( I find it to be just as addicting as percocet or oxy

Believe it or not, despite popular belief, adderall,and other amphetamine are still quite active even after one is accustomed to,the dose. Just because you dont feel the stimulation, or the mental boost.,or the lack of appetite anymore doesnt mean that its not working mentally. I forgot the correct terminology on this but pretty much saying that it still helps ADHD regardless if you are immune to the stimulated dosr or not,,it still displaces dopamine in,the synapse abd norepinephrine,,IDK i wish I had,the exact write out. But its true now that I,think back. I can pop 3 addyss and eat a huge ass meal after.,and still get the,benefits of adderall despite of hating aas fucks

Anecdotal my experiences with dextro-amphetamin lead me to believe that it's lacking the euphoric component regular DL-amphetamin has. If that's the case for you to Adderal would be more abusable as dextro-amphetamin. If possible you could pursuede you're dr to trial it.

Amps never lost effectiveness indeed, side effects wise it's noticable. Still get a dry mouth the most pronounced one for me. The phenidates are even worse and ime are just for recreation. Can't imagine taking that for add, it made it worst imo

What dose does it start changing your brain chemistry to the point that it can permanently alter?

Keeping the dosages therapeutic never felt as brain changing in the way a stressfull period during my employement days damaged my stressresponse system.

So going by pure anecdotal gut feeling I would say work related stress is worse in terms of permanent effecs then daily prescribed add dosages with an spike hereand there.

Anecdotal doesn't quite mean that, it means 'in defiance of putative consensus' but for your purposes, probably same difference. I think they both have no inherent euphoric tone but methylphenidate can and smoking meth does. Go figure. They all ruin lives.

And to draw an analogy, LSD is far to precious to be wasted on me recreationally, but I grew up with everyone and their brother 'getting high' on it.

Anecdotal doesn't quite mean that, it means 'in defiance of putative consensus' but for your purposes, probably same difference. I think they both have no inherent euphoric tone but methylphenidate can and smoking meth does. Go figure. They all ruin lives.

And to draw an analogy, LSD is far to precious to be wasted on me recreationally, but I grew up with everyone and their brother 'getting high' on it.

You are right both dextro and racemic are euphoric, but it seems the levo is causing me some additional euphoria. But like I said that could be the form it is in rather then the compound. making it even more anecdotal.

I thought most found dextro more recreational and considered my exp anecdotal. in defiance of putative consensus. Could be wrong though tried getting a grasp of the word before posting, did I grasp it?

Last edited:
Hello this is my first post even though I’ve known of Bluelight for many years. I was so glad to see this disscusion as I am nervous about my situation and could use some guidance. Quick background info: It has been years since any illicit drug use and about three weeks ago I started smoking weed again.

The story is that I bought “cocaine” from an acquaintance but I’m sure it is some type of amphetamine. I made the mistake of not trying before buying. The bag may have once had cocaine in it because I tasted the sides to check and it seemed fine. Being home shortly after I notice that the product has almost no numbing effect and believed I must do more for the desired feeling. I imagine I snorted about 30-40mg before completely realizing what I was taking and threw it in the trash.

This happened on Sunday and it is now Friday. The first 48 hours were the worst. Nothing was terribly wrong besides being unable to sleep, eat or drink water, having a different heartbeat and feeling short of breath. Of course these are all side effects of amphetamines and I was feeling some of the others too. So now it’s about five days later and I’m still feeling uneasy. I’ve had small amounts of food and water but still lack true appetite. I tried smoking a little weed on Wednesday and today (Friday) but it only made my heart rhythm more noticeable so I’ll stop that now for now.

I hope that all I got was Adderall, speed or some other type of amphetamine instead of something even more sinister. If all I got was amphetamine, how long will it take until I’m back to feeling normal? I thank everyone in advance for responding with positive feedback. =\

Last edited:
DungFacChow - First of all, welcome to Blue Light :)

Now the average half-life for amphetamines is roughly 10 hours, and the highs tend to last about 3 hours on average.

Do you think this could possibly be a side effect of anxiety about the situation?

Thank you for welcoming me and responding so fast! I had thought about my situation and understand that anxiety in general causes these same effects so I’m having trouble discerning the two. Is there any substance in your knowledge that may be common place to what I am experiencing? But as of now I’ll lean towards your suggestion and just wait until the anxiety wears away. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Anecdotal doesn't quite mean that, it means 'in defiance of putative consensus' but for your purposes, probably same difference.

Rereading and trying to get a prasp of my reply and quoted reply to you modocmodoc. I conclude I totally got lost there by my own means. But you helped clear up the anecdotal part. Excuses for my vague reply's.

Thank you for welcoming me and responding so fast! I had thought about my situation and understand that anxiety in general causes these same effects so I’m having trouble discerning the two. Is there any substance in your knowledge that may be common place to what I am experiencing? But as of now I’ll lean towards your suggestion and just wait until the anxiety wears away. Thank you for your time.

Sounds like methamphetamine. I'd ditch that connect, he obviously sold you something else misrepresented as what you agreed upon and it did you harm. There's no denying it not being able to eat or sleep properly for nearly a week because some cunt decided he needs $20 or $40 pocket change is inexcusable.