• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin About to start wd from heroin because I'm leaving for Ireland

GeminiEye

Greenlighter
Hi guys new to bluelight but have been a bit of a long time lurker. I have been a addict for the majority of my life it was just somewhat unbeknownst to me until I started using opiates. I started back in 2010 with oxys and percs which eventually lead me to heroin and for 3 years I was on dope pretty much everyday. I went to rehab back in may of 2014 for the first time and was eager to get sober because I had forgot what sobriety had even felt like. Did 82 days inpatient and a few weeks in a halfway house in Florida. After that I came back home to remain sober for a total of 1.3 years until I fucked up after getting a back molar pulled and ended up getting some vics from a friend because I told the dentist no narcotics but in the end I couldn't take the pain. Taking those vics just unleashed the monster again and here I am now 6 months since getting that tooth pulled using heroin every day. Already hating what I've become yet again. Alright so there's a bit of a background story of myself.

I joined the forums today because I need a bit of guidance on the best way to deal with wd's while heading oversea's to Ireland. Being the typical addict I've put off getting clean for the past month knowing that this trip was coming up. When I agreed to go on this trip with my family I was sober. Plus who doesn't want to go to Ireland. I'm a fool for not stopping a week ago but I though I could just keep pressing my luck. So now I have about 2-3 days left before I'm in Ireland for a week. I have been using heroin pretty steadily since this past November. I ordered some kratom quite awhile ago to help me ween off and I also have about 7 zubsolvs a buddy gave me. I've read that the heroin scene in Dublin is pretty bad but I really don't want to try and cop in a foreign country when I'm with my family. Any advice out there?

This post makes me cringe because when I was 19 I went on a cruise with my entire family and I was SO incredibly strung out on dope for months before the trip. You keep telling yourself stupid lies like, "it won't be too bad, plus it will be a great time to get clean because you can't get anything!"

I ended up stupidly bringing 3 bundles with me that was supposed to last 10 days, when I was already doing between 1.5-2 bundles a day. Well I went through them in 3 days and got SO fucking sick, it still makes my stomach twist over 15 years later. Picture being the most dopesick you have ever been, stuck in a room the size of your bedroom, surrounded by your family in that same room 24 hours a day. I've kicked in jail twice and it was brutal, but I'd honestly choose rattling in jail over that experience.

If you have 2-3 days before your trip, my best advice would be to stop literally this instant. Start on the subs within 15 hours or so. You will feel shitty for the first 3 days or so, but the subs will likely hold you for the post-acute withdrawal phase. Whatever you do, don't keep doing dope right up until the trip, then think you are just going to wing it on the trip. It's going to be very, very bad if you do it that way.

Where in Ireland are you going? There is Brown heroin in Dublin and I'm most towns in Ireland but will be more apparent in larger cities.
Look up needle exchanges. I would not want to quit now. Maybe do it when you get back home?

I don't know. Shifty situation I feel for you.

Your zubsolvs are your lifeline. Discontinue the H (if you havent already, I hope you have) and wait until you are in FULL WITHDRAWAL (at least 20 hours usually, sometimes more...judge it by how you feel...wait til your legs are kicking like you're on a bike, your eyes and nose are on like faucets, etc). Then dose your first zubsolv in 1/4s, one 1/4 each 30 mins or so. You should start to feel the w/d subside a few hours after dosing the zubs.

Bring the zubs with you (hide them well)and as long as you take them they should mask any symptoms of w/d.

Then start tapering down and you can detox yourself while on vacation.

With those zubs, your problem isn't as bad as you think it is.

Yea we are going to Dublin and I've done a bit of reading about the scene over there and for the most part it seems fairly easy to get dope or to find a clinic that has methadone. Not sure how easy it would be to get the done though. I was mistaken I have 6 5.7mg/1.4mg zubsolvs and my habit is at about a half gram a day. Not IV though. I just did my last line but its like I'm already contemplating in my head "oh maybe I can get some one more time". Though I know its a horrible idea. Does anyone know if the subs will block the effects of kratom? I wish I could take the kratom with me but it is illegal in ireland from what I've read. But yea I guess I'm gonna try and not get anything tonight so I wake up feeling like hell which is gonna be the hardest part right now. Typically about 18 hours is when I feel full blown sick and know I'm good to eat one. I'm just not the biggest fan of subs. Also I'm rather sketched out thinking about sneaking them with me to Ireland. I don't want to get in trouble in a foreign country by sneaking something through customs.

You could always see if there's any good poppy seed sources in Ireland, or last resort you can pick up some loperamide.. good luck bud!

- Hopeless Soul

I don't know if this is against the BLUA, but if a moderator deems this inappropriate please delete this post.

I have had an opiate addiction for a long time. I have since quit. This is your best scenario, however if I was in your position I would sew the pills into the lining of your pants. This helped me bring 80s on a cruise, and bring heroin and benzos from newyork when I would have to visit family in Delaware every other weekend.

Right now your options are limited, but I would do as Phil Mckeer says and just work on getting inducted on subs as soon as possible as those will be the easiest to bring with you.

You wont get methadone within a week. We dont really have subs here. Loperamide is far too expensive to help you. You can however buy codeine otc and codeine syrup pretty much otc.

You will be ripped off trying to buy methadone on the street if going down that route you'd be safer buying heroin. It is Brown powder and you should smoke it off foil in lines. It isn't really suited to snorting.

If I was you I would bring h with me and address the problem when you get home. I am not advising you to do this. Personally for me subs don't do it 100% and methadone syrup would be too difficult to conceal.

The easiest answer is feigning a cold/minor injury of some sort and going with OTC codeine I would say. Cheap, legal,and low-risk.

Smuggling drugs onto a plane (if that is how you're getting there) or even across a border is a really good way to get clean. You won't get any drugs in prison so that's the best idea if you want a sure-fire way of getting off quickly. If you decide that isn't your idea of fun I would try the Sub method. Trying to get clean before you go is likely just going to either fail or land you in Ireland still feeling shitty and having a miserable time. Even bringing Subs with you is dangerous and risky but easier to conceal and easier to explain/pass off as a legit script. Honestly, I've never had my medication inspected, as long as it was in its original packaging or bottles in plain sight and not suspicious-looking. Sticking them in you wallet (if strips) or in a prescription bottle with your name and info on it (if tablets) is the most likely way of getting away with it, but is still extremely risky if they aren't yours legally. If you're worried about it, the poppy seed method is the only other one I can think of that makes any sense.

do not try to bring dope with you on the plane/ through customs.
you arent thinking clearly if you think this is a viable option.

get some OTC pills with codeine and cold water extract if you have to, to get through the trip.

Well here I am at the last day and I haven't stopped using yet. Was going to but got kinda tricked into buying more than I wanted to a couple days ago. I know not to try and take dope over through customs. I'd rather be sick and free than sick and in jail. But as for the subs I'm not sure because I have 6 zubsolvs that have nothing on them as for prescription or anything. Just the general information. The pills are fairly tiny too. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

Dude, take the zubs with you. Just put them in an aspirin bottle or mint tin or whatever. You have enough to get through the trip. I had to fly with a heavy pod tea habit, took subs with me and I was good.

I just didn't know how hard they would be looking for stuff. But yea I will probably do that. I was also considering taking my kratom with me but I'm not sure if that would be a problem. I know it's legal in all but 5 states in the US but I believe it's illegal in Ireland. Which I find is a bit ridiculous being that they are talking about decriminalizing marijuana, cocaine and heroin.

Last edited:
Well my man tryptamite helped me out yesterday but man stuff is weird over here. I smoke maybe a tenth and get a real big head high but it doesn't last very long and then within 2 hours I'm back to being sick.Any advice?

it doesn't surprise me that the dope quality of stuff bought off a European heroin user would be poor, 2 hours is terrible for even crappy dope. but here where i am seems to be good dope mecca cos even the crap dope makes me nod face and i have mad tolerance. but like i said below im in a WAR tORN AFRICAN country.

well bluelight HR gurus always tell you to plug it, so you could try that with the crappy gear. that means squirting it up your ass. so try that m8. failing which if you u still got the subs. try em rather. or codeine (posters above say it otc from pharmacies there - problem solved ?!?!) and CWE (use the BL search engine for a guide) the codeine so u can take enough to get unsick.

keep us updated! this interests me, as at times i think i might have to flee the wartorn african cunt-ry i currently reside in and i have a 200 mg a day oxy habit.

Last edited:
Let's see-you are a foreign national with a heroin habit who's ignored all previous advice You've gone out and scored but are getting crappy dope. Unless, you've brought subs with you, I'd say your options are limited and high risk.

I'm interested to see how the trip went? Were you able to get your subs over? Were you sick in Ireland? Fill us in!!!