• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

About to go through FENTANYL withdrawal.

In my opinion--fentanyl WD is absolutely horrific! The physical part sucks,as anyone thats been through it knows,but it's the anxiety and feeling of loosing ones mind that kills me.If you have a supply of suboxone--and some strips of fentanyl left,i have taken sub--kicked out the majority of the fentanyl,instant WD's--then took a strip of fentanyl between my upper lip and gum line--don't drink,eat,smoke or even talk--and it gets you through the worst of it. Fentanyl is the only drug that--for me at least--breaks through the sub,and iv'e been on the stuff for 10 yrs.You won't get totally wacked out,but it will kick out the majority of the fenti.Then when ya feel crappy again,do the same thing all over again. I know this sounds insane--but it does work,that is if ya can save some fentanyl when ya know doomsday is right around the corner.

Its nice to hear that you are staying strong. I know WD's all to well.
I don't recall if you wrote how long you had used Fentanyl, maybe not that long?
Because of the lack of horrible withdrawal i mean.

I have escaped WD's from 6months daily use of Buprenorphine so sometimes you just get lucky and have next to none symptom.

And to the fellas who wrote about weed at detox. I concur with you, my anxiety just gets SO much worse from Cannabis and my bodily aches feels so much more.. ugh.. no fun at all.

ive gone cold turkey off IV fentanyl ( i was shooting about half a 100 mcg patch a day for months ) sumtimes more .. im amazed im alive.

ive gone cold turkey off methadone from 90mg a day to nothing

both times were utter hell but i can tell that you really should get some clonidine for shakes and sweats and xanax or temazapam for sleep if you can .they will help .. it will still suck but its better than nothing . also drink as much water as you can. and try to stay as active as you can it will help you sleep as well as help with cramping . A "B complex" vitamin couldnt hurt either .

best of luck

I just went through perc/oc WD after six months and it was horrible the first day with the restless legs, little to no sleep, anxiety, and the runs (I was five hours away from home at a Patriots football game in a hotel room in MA). Day two my friend and I got up and packed and never took showers because we were going to take a shower after the road trip. The restless legs and depression was a horrible experience on a five hour drive but at the same time I thought I was doing great. The minute we pulled in the driveway I ran inside and puked. Instantly my whole body shut down and I was shivering slightly and had no energy to walk. My friend told me to lay down in my bed and rest and he unpacked the car for me because I couldn't do it. Then from 1pm that day until about 7am the next morning I didn't sleep at all, I was sick pretty constantly with major cramps. Trust me there is nothing worst than the feeling of somebody punching needles in my stomach and severe nausea mixed with the need to toss and turn coupled with the running to the bathroom with uncontrollable diarrhea. I finally fell asleep for an hour (or was it ten minutes?) and got up feeling like I just did ten rounds with Tyson with my hands tied behind my back with no ref to stop the fight. I finally gathered up the energy to clean myself up and take some trash outside. When I went outside I looked up at the sun and the blue sky and for just a second I felt what a clean life should feel like. That one single second got me through the next four days with each one getting better as I write this on day five.

Anyways thast an abreviated recent expeirience of mine....my first post in a cool forum =D gl with wd all

I was once an addict on oxycotin and I was taking around 250mg-350mgs a day at one point. The withdrawals that I endured the first week and a half of getting off the substance was hands down the worst experience/pain I've ever experience in my entire life. The first tip I have to offer is that you have to want to get off the substance in order for you to be able to endure the withdrawals and not relapse because aside from the physical withdrawals the mental addiction/withdrawals was worse in my experience. I had to deal with cold sweats, nausea, complete body fatigue where I couldn't get out of bed and taking a shower was even hard to do. I would not care about anything or anyone and the only thing on my mind was how badly I wanted to just smoke a 80mg OC. Like I mentioned earlier in this reply that in order to successfully get off this substance you have to mentally want to want it and not be forced to get off it. The withdrawals peaked and were the worst during the first two weeks. After that I was able to start eating, and I wasn't incredibly fatigue or enduring cold sweats. The 15 1mg xanax you have should help you with sleep but it will not be anywhere close to the sensation you get from taking any opiate substance. The suboxone will help you with the cold sweats and feeling like complete shit. I would take the suboxone when you're peaking with withdrawals during you're first week of getting off the patches.

When I choose to get off oxycotin it was a decision I made myself and it was due to the fact that if I were to continue down the road I was going down I would have ended up either dead, in jail, or on the streets. The physical pain and withdrawals will only last up to 2 weeks tops and it will be hell. I wouldn't wish the withdrawals I endured on even my worst enemy due to the fact that it was hands down the worst experience I've ever been through. Aside from the 2 week period of the physical withdrawals and basically being handcuffed to a my bed room without a cell phone or means of communication with the dealers I've been getting the substances from the mental addiction is in my opinion worse than the physical withdrawals. It took me about a year to safely say I am confident to be able to talk about the substance without wanting to get high on it.

The dreams I would have for about the first 1-4months during quitting of the substance were worse than the first week of physical withdrawals. I would have the most realistic dreams of getting the substance from a dealer and going through all the bullshit of getting the substance and I would finally be home and about the smoke the 80mg oc on foil then I would wake up from this dream. It will leave me craving and desiring the high for the rest of my day and that was harder to deal with than the first couple weeks of physical withdrawals.

Advice I can give you is to get in contact with the friends you might have lost due to the fact of using the patches. I know that people lose close friendship with friends who are not using or on the same level as you are. Having support from friends, family, anyone who means anything from you helps a lot and start to pick up some new hobbies. I got into road biking, photography, and started to concentrate on my physical health so I started to work out and ran two half marathons. PM me if you have any other questions, I wish you the best of luck!

I agree with themindlessone that smoking MJ made it worst for me during my withdrawals of formally taking 300mgoxycotin daily. (oxycotin is basically pharmaceutical heroin).

I am prescribed 2mg xanax bars by my psychiatrist and Benzo's are even harder to get off than oxycotin from what I heard. When I was in an out-patient rehab I was told that benzo addictions and withdrawals are even worse than opiate withdrawals and even though I am prescribed these 2mg xanax bars I make sure I am responsible with the consumption of the substance and take it as prescribed. When at the out-patient rehab I was diagnosed with having Adult A.D.D and the reason I was an addict on opiates(oxycotin) was due to the fact that I was self-medicating myself. after being helped and being prescribed Adderall, and Xanax and taking them as prescribed my life has changed in a complete 180 degrees and I haven't been more happy with the way my life is going and am truly satisfied with my life.

However, due to the fact that I was once an addict to an opiate I told/promised myself that I will never be an addict on any other substance ever again. (There is a difference between being dependent and addicted to a substance) and after being helped and prescribed adderall and xanax by my psychiatrist I did something very stupid which resulted in me having a seizure while driving on the freeway. I was afraid of becoming addicted to xanax and even though I wasn't abusing the substance and used it for anxiety and never took more than 3mg of xanax a night I was scared to become an addict on xanax so without my psychiatrists consent I would stop taking xanax randomly and I that is why I had a seizure. I wasn't abusing the substance, nor taking a high dosage but the fact that I cold turkey stop taking the substance after taking it for a month I had a seizure. When I was in the hospital and after all the cat scans, MRIs, EKGs, EEGs, and Drug tests the doctor said it was a "new adult on-set seizure/cause unknown" When I told my psychiatrist that is when he told me that the cold turkey quitting of xanax was the reason for my seizure and the doctors didn't know because when drug tested I had nothing in my system.

Hello, I'm a new member here and this is my first post (although I've read threads here many times over the years). I was going through thread in regards to Fentenyl and found this one encouraging because I'm currently working with my PM in weening down and quitting the patch myself. This was my decision.

Many years back I permanently damaged my neck on the job and developed degenerative disc disease and then 3 years ago I injured it even further on a different job in an accident causing 2 new damaged discs and apparently I'm forming bone spurs. So seeing as it has worsened I got new a new PM Dr (had just moved to a new state) and advised oxy several times a day for breakthrough pain and 50 mcg fentenyl patches every 48 hours (went up to 75 Mac a year later).

Over the years the fentenyl has changed me, lack of motivation, have days all I want to do is sleep, lacking as a father ... Ect. When I started noticing that when I was out it I'd get horrible anxiety, cold sweats, crazy blood pressure, insomnia among other symptoms I knew I was screwed! Now I run out early every month and just tired of this ruling my life. Now I'll admit I'm an ex junkie and was addicted to spiking cocaine and other ampheters. I was clean for many years till my accident so it really sucked I had to start taking opiates for pain management. I feel like a junkie again but even worse now. Withdrawals from the drugs of my past were MUCH easier than fentenyl. I'm back down to 50 mcg which I spent this last month working myself down in anticipation of it so that wasn't easy but wasn't to hard either. My Dr didn't want me to cold turkey it, he wanted to be slow and gradual which I think will be best as well.

Hope all those in the same boat as me get the courage up to say enough of this and take steps to rid the monkey off your back.

Samson0420 this thread was really old. You should consider starting your own.

I agree with your doctor, tapering is the best thing you can do in alleviate the worst of the withdrawal. You should talk to him about cutting Fentanyl patch. I know you can do it for some and cannot for others.

Basically instead of halving your dose you will have the option of cutting 5% to 10% of your patch. Then you stick to the new dose for up to 2 weeks and take off another 5% to 10% and so on. It will take time but if you can lower your dose to a minute amount, kicking it will be tremendously easier and so will be the PAWS (my personal ultimate fear).

But remember TALK TO YOUR DOC ABOUT CUTTING THE PATCH. Some cannot be cut safely and doing so on them WILL PUT YOUR LIFE AT RISK. So have a discussion with your doc. He will know which ones can be cut or where to find the information.

Good luck and also don't underestimate the support you can get on this forum and how helpful it can be. Right now or when you are ready to kick it completely, this support can make a difference.

Thanks for the advice. I actually did do that in order to get ready for the 50s. I started them and I'm doing great!

Do they still make the duragesic gel patches where you can squeeze the gel out, or my favorite, smoke it off tin foil?

I remember going through a 20 (TWENTY) boxes of 100mcg patches back in 02 or 03 in about 10 days. It is absolutely the crack of opiates. The WD was hellish. I remember at the time (when I still use to watch MTV) they released that Nirvana song "Pain"....and it seemed like whenever I would turn on the tv, that song was on.

I think each opiate has it's own hellish WD symptom.

For me:

Oxy: worst RLS, and my bones would ache beyond belief (the other obvious symptoms are there too I'm just pointing out the way they felt to me)
Heroin: worst nausea and diarrhea, and just overall sick feeling
Fentanyl: combined both of those, and oh my fucking god, the lack of sleep. I've had considerably worse episodes now with my xanax addictions, but I rememeber when I came off the patches I didn't get a single second of sleep for a full 10 days.

My worst WD was coming off 18 months of 80mg-100mg xanax cold turkey and 6 years of 24mg suboxone cold turkey. I had 2 grand mal seizures and ended up in the hospital. I can't even begin to describe how bad that WD was. And guess! I'm right back where Istarted but now I only use research chemicals like diclazapam at 1000mg, or other crazy doses of clonazolam and etizolam, along with my healthy 16mg suboxone a day. This time I am trying to slowly go down but it's SO fucking hard battling two addictions at once because I don't know which is making me feel like shit.

Anyway, good luck my friend. you will get through it. If you have xanax and bupe, USE THEM! They WILL help tremendously. I don't think bupe even came out in the early 2000's. Damn I feel old :mad:

Mankind, not to hijack the thread, but I've been following your benzo woes. May I ask what a typical clonazolam dose is for you? I assume you prepare your own. Do you still get anything from Etiz, at what dose? Or do these do nothing but keep you from seizing, with no anti-anxiety effects - shit I hope not? Stopped the Xanax, eh?

Hello, I'm a new member here and this is my first post (although I've read threads here many times over the years). I was going through thread in regards to Fentenyl and found this one encouraging because I'm currently working with my PM in weening down and quitting the patch myself. This was my decision.

Many years back I permanently damaged my neck on the job and developed degenerative disc disease and then 3 years ago I injured it even further on a different job in an accident causing 2 new damaged discs and apparently I'm forming bone spurs. So seeing as it has worsened I got new a new PM Dr (had just moved to a new state) and advised oxy several times a day for breakthrough pain and 50 mcg fentenyl patches every 48 hours (went up to 75 Mac a year later).

Over the years the fentenyl has changed me, lack of motivation, have days all I want to do is sleep, lacking as a father ... Ect. When I started noticing that when I was out it I'd get horrible anxiety, cold sweats, crazy blood pressure, insomnia among other symptoms I knew I was screwed! Now I run out early every month and just tired of this ruling my life. Now I'll admit I'm an ex junkie and was addicted to spiking cocaine and other ampheters. I was clean for many years till my accident so it really sucked I had to start taking opiates for pain management. I feel like a junkie again but even worse now. Withdrawals from the drugs of my past were MUCH easier than fentenyl. I'm back down to 50 mcg which I spent this last month working myself down in anticipation of it so that wasn't easy but wasn't to hard either. My Dr didn't want me to cold turkey it, he wanted to be slow and gradual which I think will be best as well.

Hope all those in the same boat as me get the courage up to say enough of this and take steps to rid the monkey off your back.

This thread is from 4 years ago. Can't you see the date that was posted? I can't believe you've done this! Since you're new I'll let it slide just this one time, but in the future make sure you look at the date of the thread before bumping it. Also even if this was a new thread, we here at Bluelight don't appreciate people hijacking threads and changing the focus of it to themselves. Again, I'll be nice and let it slide this time, but consider this an unofficial verbal warning. Anyhow, welcome to Bluelight, please read the rules & enjoy your stay.

Mankind, not to hijack the thread, but I've been following your benzo woes. May I ask what a typical clonazolam dose is for you? I assume you prepare your own. Do you still get anything from Etiz, at what dose? Or do these do nothing but keep you from seizing, with no anti-anxiety effects - shit I hope not? Stopped the Xanax, eh?

"Not to hijack the thread, but I'm gonna hijack the thread..." -You, haha. Anyhow, I think you should seriously think about quitting the benzos if etizolam has stopped working for you entirely. You'd be better off withdrawing from opiates - I mean although benzo withdrawal isn't as painful or uncomfortable as opiate withdrawal, its very dangerous!

This thread is from 4 years ago. Can't you see the date that was posted? I can't believe you've done this! Since you're new I'll let it slide just this one time, but in the future make sure you look at the date of the thread before bumping it. Also even if this was a new thread, we here at Bluelight don't appreciate people hijacking threads and changing the focus of it to themselves. Again, I'll be nice and let it slide this time, but consider this an unofficial verbal warning. Anyhow, welcome to Bluelight, please read the rules & enjoy your stay.

You'll let it slide this time? You're not even a mod dude...hahaha wow.

Sprayah, I was thinkin' the same thing. Rio Fantastic, don't be such a cunt.

what the hell did I do wrong? My post was full of kind & helpful advice and I get attacked for nicely asking him not to bump 4 year old threads? Are you fucking kidding me? And you were thinking that I'm not even a mod? So I'm being criticized for what, exactly? Giving out advice when I'm not a mod? This coming from the guy who deceptively calls himself "STAFF writer"!!!!

Is Fentanyl w/d the same as Acetyl Fentanyl w/d? I was smoking the AF powder on and off, quite frequently and didn't experience any w/ds when I ran out. However, 2 weeks ago I got ahold of a nasal spray and am now experiencing w/d symptoms. I went through oxycodone w/d a year ago. I took them for 6 years and the detox was BRUTAL!! Cold turkey! My doctor insisted that my dose was so low that I may not ever go through w/d...NOT! The really horrific symptoms lasted 14 days, which I didn't expect from reading the blogs. I read it depended on how long you're on it. I think it was unbearable because I expected it to be over sooner, like maybe 9 days at the most. I cried a lot but survived! Anyway, don't even ask me why I started fooling around with fent, of all things! I was clean for months and should've stayed that way. I'm praying the fent w/d will be a week at the most!

Thank you to all of you who have shared your story. I am drawing strength from you and appreciate your support. I am a new member here and hope I can give back to this wonderful community!

i have been using fentanyl patches,lolipops-(actiq) for 20 years.the ONLY drug that will really work is methadone-contact a methadone clinic in your city-cash daily prices are <snip> a day-or <snip>a month for maintaince patients.if you have never been to a clinic (methadone)-you will have to start off as a detox patient-then,after a few days-tell them that the treatment is not really working-on detox-they start you on 30mg to 40mg daily-then every other day they drop you a few milligrams.all you need to transfer to the maintaince side of the clinic is one failed attempt at detox-or explain to the staff that after several days-and your dose being dropped-you were abusing fentanyl-after the staff hears that-they will gladly transfer you to a maintaince patient-some clinics in major cities have one or two free methadone clinics-ask around and see if there is a free clinic in your area- good luck-altooosoon

Last edited by a moderator: