• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Abofazole, Russian Nootropic GABAergics

I've had both etifoxine and afobazole. Honestly I noticed nothing from etifozine even when I took 4 times the recommended dose.

Aw that's shitty to hear, was lookong forward to that one next!

What dosages did you try etifoxine at?

What other drugs Or meds where you on or taking (including ethanol/ booze) at the time?

Do you have a GABAergic tolerance (including ethanol)?

With benzodiazepine GABAergics, what's the smallest dose (of, lets say, diazepam? or any other BZD you have access to?) That you can take to feel any effect? Either anxiolytic or recreational, or both?

I have never taken afobazole more than 2 days in a row.....maybe I will sometime as I hear its benefits slowly develop.

Yea there's not much of an acute effect if you don't have paralyzing anxiety, if you're already pretty stable it seems the effect is less pronounced.

However I've been taking it for 7 days, experimenting w/ various dose ranges, even insufflation ROA, & also when i take it relative to my other meds (buprenorphine Rx 4mg/day, actual is 1-10mg/day, gabapentin Rx 2400mg/day, actual is 400-5200mg/day; depakote 0-1500mg a day)

I'm noticing some interesting interactions w/ gabapentin so far (ie, afobazole possibly affecting, or reducing, the rapid tolerance to "recreational" effects)--but seems only if you use a particular dosage regimen & avoid concurrent use of the two...?

Otherwise pleasant stimulatory effects (for me at least?) of gabapentin at >3200mg/stacked-dosage seem to be reduced by afobazole. While the anxiolytic effect is still maintained, If taken together, abofazole just dulls that overall energetic, literally-speed-like-euphoric effect gabapentin gives me.

So night dosing of afobazole seems to be best w/gabapentin if one is looking to maintain such effects, while also harnessing potential potentiation.

So, as of today, i haven't taken any afobazole yet (but i have taken it the 6 days prior--w/ some noticed effect--& i will dose tonight before bed), but I did take slightly higher doses of gabapentin above my Rx'd amount earlier thru out the day (stacking dosages, estimate ~3000-3600mg?)...

As a result, I noticed some of those promising effects of possible reduced tolerance.

i'll have to repeat this tho to see if i get similar results, so ill post on that later

its too early to expand on yet.

But, I'm an anxious basket case w/o gabapentin, so i may try withdrawing it for a few days & see how things go if i replace it w/afobazole.

Its used in Russia for GABAergic w/d, & while obviously gabapentin isn't a GABAergic, its said to present a similar "BZD w/d Like syndrome"--(it doesn't for me b/c i always spend 18-22days on, 6-10 days off in between refills), so I'd just be interested to see to what extent it can or cannot fill that role absent gabapentin.

But if i were you I'd try a week or two on the afobazole & see how it works for you?

If you do, please share your results!

Last edited:
@AlphaOdure, have you taken GHB? If so, did you like it? GHB works as a strong GABA-B agonist too (also a GHB receptor agonist)

Not GHB, but i had a quick romance w/ 1,4-Butanediol (1,4-BDO)... & it metabolizes into GHB via aldehyde dehydrogenase.

I found it to be the best of GABA(b)ergics, but it lost its magic very quickly.. Although not as quickly as phenibut did. Phenibut had zero recreational effect & very little acute Anxiolytic relief after 2-3 days of daily use, no matter how high i dosed.

Whereas 1,4-Bdo at least gave me "something", i did notice an immediate rebound anxiogenic effect though immediately after wearing off.

& i went thru quite a few liters of 1,4-BDO via daily dosing (always intra-rectal / "plugging" to avoid GI discomfort) for about 3-4 weeks. & despite the warnings of severe withdrawal, i had none*..

The same w/phenibut, used it for quite a few months daily w/ no real withdrawal, granted This was during the depths of my GABAergic addiction.*

Also tried baclofen, a pharmaceutical GABA(b) agonist used for specific kinds of spasticity in certain diseases.

I took a few, felt nothing, so took quite a few more.. & BAM..

The ataxia was so severe i couldn't get out of bed for 48 hours. I was also very sedated (in a very dysphoric way tho). I was like in a dizzying, nauseated dream state for two days.

However, at the time i was quite physically dependent on barbiturates & carbamate GABA(a)ergics (either 40-45x pills of 350mg, ie, ~14000mg, of carisoprodol daily ~OR~ 2000mg of the barb butalbital, or a combination thereof).. So there certainly may have been some synergetic effect.

*(You must take my past HORRID abuse of & dependency on GABA(a)-ergics into account here when i explain my current or past effects of these medications & drugs.

I was dependent on 5000-8000mcg daily of clonazolam IV--had a needle fetish too from my dope days--which is roughly equivalent to 500mg of diazepam/valium daily. I AM NOT dick sizing, this was a very traumatic decade long fight that nearly killed me, or couldve left me permenantly brain dead, on two occasions & brought me to psych hospitals for weeks & sometimes months at a time, on 5 separare occasions ...

So my GABAergic system may different than most, & it may still be a little fucked up since getting clean)

Last edited:
What dosages did you try etifoxine at?

Whatever the standard Russian pharmaceutical dose of 1 pill was, I tried 1 pill, 2 pills, and 4 pills at various times until the boxes I bought were gone.

With benzodiazepine GABAergics, what's the smallest dose (of, lets say, diazepam? or any other BZD you have access to?) That you can take to feel any effect? Either anxiolytic or recreational, or both?

I can take 0.5mg of etizolam and feel some anxiolysis, 2mg will knock me clean out. That's the only benzo I use anymore. I have a pretty good tolerance to alcohol and due to phenibut usage and sometimes dependence over the last 13 years my GABA-B receptors are not as sensitive, though I've been taking phenibut or gabapentin about once a week for a while so these days it takes like 1.5g of phenibut or 1800-2100mg of gabapentin to get that wonderful speedy euphoric chatty state.

Its used in Russia for GABAergic w/d, & while obviously gabapentin isn't a GABAergic, its said to present a similar "BZD w/d Like syndrome"--(it doesn't for me b/c i always spend 18-22days on, 6-10 days off in between refills), so I'd just be interested to see to what extent it can or cannot fill that role absent gabapentin.

After phenibut dependence and withdrawal 3 differenbt times in my life, I get rebound after 1 single day of either phenibut or gabapentin. I never take either two days in a row because when I do I feel like I'm withdrawing for a few days afterwards. The rebound from 1 day a week is just a day or two of increased anxiety so it's not bad, it's worth it for my purposes (I use them for playing shows with my band). But I'm curious to try a round of afobazole to see if it could help to eliminate that rebound.

Phenibut had zero recreational effect & very little acute Anxiolytic relief after 2-3 days of daily use, no matter how high i dosed.

I think phenibut is a terrible drug for daily use. Although when I first started using it, I used it daily for a year in 3-5g doses and I would often still get the magic. I cqan take it every 3 days and get the same effects every time, indefinitely. I did that for a long time, probably at least half of the last 13 years. These days I take it less but only because of the rebound, every 3 days produces withdrawal for me. It all changed when I got dependent on GHB for a bit last year. I used phenibut to get off and then weaned off the phenibut but my whole GABA system feels different since then.

Also tried baclofen, a pharmaceutical GABA(b) agonist used for specific kinds of spasticity in certain diseases.

I took a few, felt nothing, so took quite a few more.. & BAM..

I hate baclofen, not a good feeling IMO. That happened to me once, too. Felt like my insides were on fire and I couldn't get out of bed for a day, I only took 60mg too, I read online about people taking 200mg and stuff like that so I figured 60mg would be fine. But nope... it was awful.

@Xorkoth

Yea my history is more of a varied one with GABA(a) agonists, probably having more to do with accessibility. And also, b/c of this, much of my GABA(a)ergic system i fear is somewhat damaged, much like yours albeit skewed to GABA(b) agonists, & this is perhaps why gabapentin balances me so adequately & does not sedate me (assuming there is some downstream effect on GABA there, or perhaps via glutamatergic system).

& this is also what led me to afobazole, in hopes of some neuroplastic repair.

But, GABA(b)'s just never seem to do it, 1,4-BDO/ pro drug of GHB, gave me much more magic than phenibut, but in both cases the magic severely diminished after the 2nd or 3rd doses if taken immediately afterwards. & acute side effects like anxiogenic rebound even after one or two doses (definitely noticeable in 1,4-BDO) made them inferior to GABA(a) ligands for me.

Furthermore it seemed even harder to get thst magic back even after long cessations of GABA(b) agonists.

Whereas gabapentin reliably gives me its unique magic as long as 5-10 days are taken off. Although it too subsides w/ consistent use on day 1-5 (depending on prior period of abstinence); however it still reduces overall anxiety & allows me to function nornally even after its inital magic wears off. & i don't get much, if any, rebound effect either.

But at the time of my horrid & traumatic dependency i guess i was looking for something that could sustainably make me into the extrovert, carefree person wanted to be (what a brilliant fucking idea, eh?), while also enjoying a bit of intoxication that was otherwise undetectable (eventually got out of a DUI b/c of that--i was hammered on flubromazepam, courts eventually found it in my blood tests- 4 continuences & 4 lab tests later, lol. but still couldn't pin me b/c the substance wasn't illegal & the arresting officers only went on a blood test, no field tests were done b/c brought in additional BS charges later dropped; & they were overly confident they'd pop me for something illegal in my system due to my sedated behavior).

Last edited: