AAS + Keto/Carnivore

TexStar903

Greenlighter
Hello All,

Long story short I've gotten into very low carb eating, not full carnivore but close to it. I also do lot's of fasting.

Basically I am debating wether I should do a low dose cycle or possibly Tren only at very low dosages while dieting.

Or if it will be better do a cycle & incorporate at least a smaller amount of carbs & upping the AAS a bit.

If any of y'all have done AAS while doing low carb/keto/ carnivore I would love to hear about your experience.

Are there certain compounds that work best while on this diet?

Low dose would be under 150, probably closer to 100 for lonnger periods

or a moderate cycle of test tren, I am thinking 6 weeks. At 300-400.

Hello All,

Long story short I've gotten into very low carb eating, not full carnivore but close to it. I also do lot's of fasting.

Basically I am debating wether I should do a low dose cycle or possibly Tren only at very low dosages while dieting.

Or if it will be better do a cycle & incorporate at least a smaller amount of carbs & upping the AAS a bit.

If any of y'all have done AAS while doing low carb/keto/ carnivore I would love to hear about your experience.

Are there certain compounds that work best while on this diet?

Low dose would be under 150, probably closer to 100 for lonnger periods

or a moderate cycle of test tren, I am thinking 6 weeks. At 300-400.

I follow keto, intermittent fasting/time restricted diet for health and longevity benefits incorporating low dose testosterone due to age and wish for some muscle retention..
What is your reasoning for AAS.?

I follow keto, intermittent fasting/time restricted diet for health and longevity benefits incorporating low dose testosterone due to age and wish for some muscle retention..
What is your reasoning for AAS.?

I started off at 360 pounds at six foot

As you mentioned muscle retention, I know I won't ever get huge with this way of eating & that's not my goal.

But I would like to retain mass/ possibly add a little & stay lean.

I have a theory based on a medical study I've read.

Can you give me your thoughts on this?

Normally I'd advise against dropping carbs, but as your aim is retention I think it's reasonable. Just make sure your diet consists of healthy fat and protein sources and get sufficient fiber for its health benefits such as blood lipids

I am not opposed to adding carbs while on cycling but I like the carnivore way of eating, it helps me stay focused.

Basically what I do as far as eating is I fast as long as I can & when I do eat, I eat mainly carnivore with a few veggies. Basically beef, beef liver & avocado.

Plan is either to keep eating this way & add low dose or test & tren or possibly just tren, the study above is what got me thinking.

But basically i think that tren might have less sides if you have a higher body fat, I would say I am right under 20 right now but I was IDK 40% at one point.

The other alternative would be too lean out as much as i can naturally, then do a cycle, lean out again using just diet but have thought of eca/clean & then possibly do another cycle.

Goal is not to get huge, just trying to not be skinny fat.

I am not opposed to adding carbs while on cycling but I like the carnivore way of eating, it helps me stay focused.

Basically what I do as far as eating is I fast as long as I can & when I do eat, I eat mainly carnivore with a few veggies. Basically beef, beef liver & avocado.

Plan is either to keep eating this way & add low dose or test & tren or possibly just tren, the study above is what got me thinking.

But basically i think that tren might have less sides if you have a higher body fat, I would say I am right under 20 right now but I was IDK 40% at one point.

The other alternative would be too lean out as much as i can naturally, then do a cycle, lean out again using just diet but have thought of eca/clean & then possibly do another cycle.

Goal is not to get huge, just trying to not be skinny fat.

The study used as a control standard rat chow (CTRL) or a high-fat/high-sucrose (HF/HS) diet.
I am aware rodent metabolism differs to human, high fat combined with high sucrose might not be a best option IMO, we know in humans fat combined with sugar is unhealthy, I might be concerned about the relevance of the study to human subjects wishing to lose weight/body fat such as yourself..

Employing healthy fats with meat protein sources incorporating some vegetables, plus resistance training might be a better option for you..

Reactions: CFC
The study used as a control standard rat chow (CTRL) or a high-fat/high-sucrose (HF/HS) diet.
I am aware rodent metabolism differs to human, high fat combined with high sucrose might not be a best option IMO, we know in humans fat combined with sugar is unhealthy, I might be concerned about the relevance of the study to human subjects wishing to lose weight/body fat such as yourself..

Employing healthy fats with meat protein sources incorporating some vegetables, plus resistance training might be a better option for you..

I don’t plan to follow the diet lol

I’m more so interested in how well they responded to tren at a low dose, I believe it averages out to around 30 mg per day for someone my size.

But you always here you need carbs to get the most out of aas, specially tren.

To go further, in that study they basically fed them a unhealthy diet and made them gain weight and then put them on tren and they lost weight & gained muscle.

i wish they would have had a group where they fed them a low carb diet.

didnt read the whole thread but a nice recomp cycle would be test and tren

tren 100mg eod
test prop 100mg eod
ancillaries as needed

diet wise a lchf diet would worked best and keepig carbs to around 100mg or a day and splitting it up for pre workout and post workout only. And if you do this and still incorporate a intermittent fasting then the fat will melt away while keeping lbm and maybe adding a few poinds too. And then maybe adding hiit cardio 3 times a week after workout and a fasted cardio 2x a week of just 45min incline walking and a moderate speed. nothing to intense

I eat mainly carnivore with a few veggies. Basically beef, beef liver & avocado.

Beef and avocado is not a healthful diet. You should really be eating every kind of veggie you can stuff in your mouth, along with a range of different meats (and offal if you can) plus coldwater fish, nuts etc. Remember: your aim is to feed your bacteria as much as yourself. They play a huge role in your metabolism and bodyfat levels, and they prosper from eating from the broadest range of nutritious and fibrous inputs you can find.

Yeah lots of greens and a variety of fats and meats.
But I hope you gonna work out your macros and work from there.

Are y'all familiar or have heard of the carnivore way of diet?

Hardcore carnivore dieters eat just beef & salt, nothing that doesn't come from an animal. Eggs, liver & organ meats as well

As you I was skeptical but I tried it & feel great & lose weight quickly.

With keto I would lose weight but I would also get cravings from time to time & would end up binging.

Plus I would eat lot's of cheese, cream cheese & bacon.

I can't do the super strict carnivore, what I do is eat mainly meat & add a few veggies here & there. Beef & a guacamole with avocado, red onion, jalapeno & a bit of parmesan cheese is what i eat probably more then half the time. I do OMAD & occasional go about 48 hours without eating & then refeed.

I am however very aware that muscle building works best with carbs & lower fat.

So I am open to changing my diet up if I where to use AAS but would go back to carnivore when I get off.

Goal is basically to recomp, it would be great to add some lean mass but basically I wanted to end up at around 190-200 at 6 foot 6 foot 1, with of course a lean body mass.

Are y'all familiar or have heard of the carnivore way of diet?

Hardcore carnivore dieters eat just beef & salt, nothing that doesn't come from an animal. Eggs, liver & organ meats as well

As you I was skeptical but I tried it & feel great & lose weight quickly.

With keto I would lose weight but I would also get cravings from time to time & would end up binging.

Plus I would eat lot's of cheese, cream cheese & bacon.

I can't do the super strict carnivore, what I do is eat mainly meat & add a few veggies here & there. Beef & a guacamole with avocado, red onion, jalapeno & a bit of parmesan cheese is what i eat probably more then half the time. I do OMAD & occasional go about 48 hours without eating & then refeed.

I am however very aware that muscle building works best with carbs & lower fat.

So I am open to changing my diet up if I where to use AAS but would go back to carnivore when I get off.

Goal is basically to recomp, it would be great to add some lean mass but basically I wanted to end up at around 190-200 at 6 foot 6 foot 1, with of course a lean body mass.

When properly keto adapted some of the worlds top extreme endurance athletes are reporting beating personal bests, unfortunately this can take between 3-6 months to become fully keto adapted...
How this transpires to skeletal muscle mass remains to be seen, but the old school bodybuilder mentality of needing high carbs for optimum muscle volume might be a thing of the past..
There seems to be a time and place for carbs which may be after intense resistance exercise, but not really at any other time (if at all).?
Our understanding of the gut microbiome has increased significantly in the last 5 or so years, to not take that onboard by limiting yourself to carnivor only diet might not be the best way forward for you..

Might I take it you just wish to try tren whatever advice you receive..?

You could read into the study as: Eat like shite and tren might negate some of the negative effects.. So why not just eat healthy therefore negating the need for trenbolone..!!

Last edited:
I think I might have been misinterpreted a bit.

I am not opposed to making changes to my diet.

I do drink a bit of lemon juice & apple cider vinegar before I eat anything to help my gut biome.

I also eat nuts like brazil nuts, macadamia nuts & so forth.

I actually like vegetables & could add more to my diet. It would be stuff like spinach, broccoli, cabbage & Kale. & not potatoes, carrots, peas or other higher carb veggies. Do y'all recommend raw? I could possibly do a green drink? I've looked at fermented vegetables, kimchi & such as well.

Basically I am not negating your advice, didn't mean to come off like that.

I just feel better on the carnivore diet & would like to keep that as the base.

Would you consider my diet shit?

& yes & no. Your advice is important to me, that's why I'm asking for it. I joined this forum because y'all give educated advice. But I do plan on trying Tren Ace, Test Prop. I've also looked at anavar & masteron.

I guess I should summarize it like this.

Most of the info online specially regarding AAS revolves around guys telling you to eat as much as you can & gorge on carbs.

I would like to stay in ketosis throughout the cycle & would like to hear from those who have used AAS while in ketosis.

If i need to add carbs, let's say up them to 100-150 because it would make things better, I would be open to that.

I used to binge eat & I don't want to open myself to that. So whatever diet I do I would like to keep it as clean as possible.

Goal is basically to recomp, add a bit of muscle if possible.

Let me ask you this, what would be your advice?

What diet & AAS would you recommend? Any specific compounds.

You have one-sided views in nutrition. A person needs a variety of nutrients for life, and by limiting yourself to them (especially in certain micronutrients), you can only ruin the body. It is possible to focus on certain types of foods, but the diet in general should be varied. For example, I use a keto diet, but make sure that protein and fat come from a variety of sources. There are many keto recipes on the internet, so getting a varied diet is not a problem. I don’t know how steroids are combined with nutrition, but the need for nutrients should be even higher.

Last edited:
Im on mostly carnivore for 15 months and I feel way better now than on 20 years. I do some vegetables(avocado, tomatoes, salad, carrots) and honey (with measure) and will keep like this probably for the rest of my life.

Spinach is specially oxalate rich. So from the vegs that you mention I would avoid that one.

In fact you can take pretty much anything but grains, vegetable oils and legumes. Olive oil and coconut oil are not vegetable, but fruits and are OK but pretty much the rest of oils and oily vegs (like nuts) are to be avoided