• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants A potential simple, DIY procedure to render Adderall XR to a safe smokeable form.

inthenameofscience

Greenlighter
So, I was just kindof thinking one day, when i realized that a simple procedure to create a relatively safe amphetamine extract from adderall XR may be a little easier than one may think.

Using only water, I believe my potential procedure results in a relatively clean product, with only minimal impurities/dangers, so I typed it up in a notepad doc, and figured I would share it with BL to get some feedback on the matter.

So let me know what you think, please point out any flaws/data errors and we can attempt to fix the procedure accordingly.

I AM NOT ADVISING OR PROMPTING ANYBODY TO DO THIS, THIS IS SIMPLY FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO INHALE THE AMPHETAMINES IN ADDERALL TO HAVE A SAFE METHOD EASILY AVAILIBLE TO THEM.

And this is the document, which describes the steps to do this, and why we do them/what the steps are doing and filtering. This was just thought up and based off of info taken from various websites, and mainly the drugs.com FDA document on Adderall XR. This is where I found the inactive ingredients list, and the inspiration to type this up, based on extraction through solubilities.

1.) Acquire Adderall XR, discard gelatin capsule, and place beads equivalent to 20mg amp salts
into a folded sheet of paper, crush until finest possible powder is achieved.

2.) Place powder into 10ml of ROOM TEMP water, stir until it is (at least, mostly) dissolved.

3.) Filter solution. I do not know what the best household filter would be for doing this, but Id be willing to bet
that a piece of cloth, coffee filter, maybe even damp paper towel, would work with minimal loss of product.

-This step removes the inactive (and water-insoluble) ingredients:

-SOME forms of hypromelloses found in Adderall. Of the six different
commonly used hypromellose compounds I could find solubility info on, Two of
these were found to be water INSOLUBLE. So, this step may potentially remove
a percentage of the HpM originally in the pill.

-Talc, which is a chalky mineral which is INSOLUBLE in water.

-Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, which i found to be INSOLUBLE in water.

-Any various Iron oxides used to color the beads.

-Also worth noting, the maximum water solubility of the filler TRIETHYL CITRATE
was found to be 65g/L. Using 10ml of water, only max 650mg TEC can be obtained.

4.) Allow to dry, prefrebly on a flat surface, leaving plenty of surface area for the water to evaporate faster.

5.) Scrape up the resulting substance, and continue to add 5ml of HOT, but not too hot as to destroy the amphetamine. Working quickly, stir, and fully dissolve the amp into the water. Somehow Filter the remaining liquid.

-This step removes the HOT-WATER-INSOLUBLE hypromellose. This should be most, if not all of the stuff, so at this part, it should be mostly pure. But, then there is the remaining triethyl citrate whos nasty combustion products can cause irritation and damage to the airways and lungs.

6.) Add around 700mg baking soda, and as much water neccesary to saturate the substance, and allow to dry.

-The predicted result of this step was to have the Triethyl Citrate (mostly) removed by means of chemical reaction. Triethyl Citrate and Sodium Bicarbonate react to form 3 parts CO2, 3 parts H2O, and 1 part Trisodium citrate.
-This should, in theory, remove all of the Triethyl Citrate.

-Also should be noted that Trisodium Citrate can produce CO gas, but CO2 being another major combustion product. (Combustion being avoided by using a lightbulb vape, without reason to worry about combust. products?)

-The baking soda should also convert the amphetamine into a free base form, I believe, making an oily, hash-like product.

7.) This product should then be able to be dried, and vaporized with minimal fillers and harmful chemicals being inhaled along with your amp!

Congratulations!

Though sucrose is also a binder, I didnt believe this would provide too much interference with anything, and shouldnt be too harmful
if inhaled through vaporization. Could be completely wrong, please correct me if I am.

Overall, the finished product would be expected to contain:

-However much amphetamine you chose to convert to smokeable form.
-A maximum of ~100mg of Trisodium citrate.
-Possible Sucrose.

Obviously not perfect, but for a simple, DIY procedure, this seems promising. Hope to hear from others with insight on this topic/scientific knowledge to help point out and solve errors in the process.

Also a very good point to adress is Boiling/Vaporization Points.

-One website (only site I could find legitimate information on the BP) had said that the boiling point of Trisodium Citrate was 309C. In Farenheit, this equates to ~588 degrees, MUCH hotter than required to evaporate amphetamine, which i believe evaporates somewhere around 200C.

So, thats the theory! Please feel free to share your opinion or point out any flaws in my procedure. Again, this is not tested and was only a simple, thought-up hypothetical process to obtain a safe amp. product to administer by inhalation.

Thanks BL, hope to be getting some feedback soon!

Hmm, still nothing? Well, I dont have time right this second to look the info up, but another possible idea is to simply add baking soda to crushed adderall, to "freebase" the amphetamine, and extract using a small ammount of an oil, of course selected based on minimal harm done upon inhalation. Could also make for an excellent, taste free sublingual option, or even in experiments with an inhaler/nasal spray.

ahh, the possibilities.

i suppose i didnt think of that, though some would be lost through the reaction as co2 and h20, no?

actually, rethinking the equation, it is C6H8O7 + 3NaHCO3, so even with maximum TEC only around 200mg should be needed, thank you for pointing that out.

I was just saying, is their a way to the filter out the baking soda after?

Cause otherwise ur gonna be smoking a sh*t ton of powder.

Triethyl citrate needs something stronger than baking soda to hydrolysate it, and amphetamine needs something stronger to freebase it, like lye. Maybe your extract was so impure the impurities lowered the melting/boiling point, or maybe you made the carbonate of amphetamine.

I'm not sure freebase amphetamine oil is smokable, might be irritating to the lungs. The hydrochloride should be smokable, but it's very hygroscopic.

I don't see the point, unless you desperately wants to smoke an amphetamine and can't get meth.

interesting. i havent personally ever tried this, just wanted to see if something as simple as water could prepare this for smoking. may be an interesting experiment, though!

So I know this is pretty old but it's the only simple water extraction I could find and right now I'm testing it. I will play around with the amount of baking soda and water and all that and I'll post my result. I'm hope this works :)

So I know this is pretty old but it's the only simple water extraction I could find and right now I'm testing it. I will play around with the amount of baking soda and water and all that and I'll post my result. I'm hope this works :)

Please do, I'm also intrigued by this and curious to see what kind of product would come from it.

Theoretically it "could" effective, and doesn't seem like the most poorly thought out method I could think of.

But even if the method "works" I believe there's quite a bit of manipulation with the procedure and an incredible amount of trial and error required.

Still.... I'd like to see a result regardless :)