Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

a party near ballarat

melburn_madness

Bluelighter
i hear there is a party coming up near ballarat, just wondering if anyone has heard bout police using drug testers on exiting motorists?

stay in ballarat or dont drive!!
simple, then u will have nothing to worry about, will ya???

Staying in ballarat may not help depending on how sensitive the testers are and whether they pick up traces long after the effects have worn off. You'd be better not driving at all - get a train in from Spencer St. I assume you won't be leaving until well into the next day anyway and if there are only a couple of you then it shouldn't be too hard to get back to the town centre to get a train back in the morning.

There's a whole huge thread about these tests - I can't remember where it is but it's called something like "Police to introduce random driver drug tests" and it's got well over 100 replies.

I'd be more worried about being pulled over and having your car searched... seeing as thats already happened up there.

The police seem to be pretty clued into what goes on at parties up there. You'd be best off to take all precautions while travelling up and back from there.

stace.

Police often say with Randon Breath Tests.....

"Anywhere, Anytime" or something like that... so you just never know.

Based on all the information about the timing of legislation we've seen and heard so far, we should expect saliva testing to be in place middle of the year, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of publicity about it, until then I'm not sure police have a legal basis to execute random saliva testing of drivers.

If it's not the upcoming party, then this might be the last time you can drive out there without running the gauntlet of saliva testing.

fair enuff, last time we went we got a caravan bout 15 min drive from the venue, i was going to choose the caravan park down the road from "the venue" this time but i would still have 2 drive 2 mins to get there, so i could still get picked up.

Staying in ballarat may not help depending on how sensitive the testers are and whether they pick up traces long after the effects have worn off.

I have been emailing a police officer with a few questions bout that heres wot he said.

"The frequency of cannabis use may influence the level of Delta-9-THC in the body. If the active metabolite of the parent drug is present then it is
having an influence on the ability to drive. The metabolite of the parent
drug that remains in the body for extended periods is the inactive
metabolite, "carboxy-THC". The new laws only relate to the presence of the
active metabolite." Further, the same situation exists for amphetamine type
substances in terms of when the substance is present in the body it is
having an influence on the ability to drive."

I also asked if when the spit tester would start to be used, he said-

"The Victorian Parliament enacted legislation to use the new devices in December 2003. If drivers use illicit drugs and then drive they expose themselves to detection. More importantly they are increasing their risk of collision involvement."

I'm kinda grateful 've never bothered to get a licence, I reckon if I did the first thing I'd do when they bring in this testing would be walk into my local constabulary and symbolically hand in my licence...

But then do you rely on your friends to take that risk instead?

stace.

Nice work on emailing the cops melburn_madness! It's interesting to see what they have to say about it, even though that's obviously the "official" response.

Carpool and use a designator driver? (or common sense for that matter)

melburn_madness said:
fair enuff, last time we went we got a caravan bout 15 min drive from the venue, i was going to choose the caravan park down the road from "the venue" this time but i would still have 2 drive 2 mins to get there, so i could still get picked up.

Why not drove to the caravan park then get a taxi to and from the event?

might just do that shorza :)

I also asked him if having a high frequency of use and tolerance (ie everyday smoker) would take longer for the active metabolites to wear of, heres wot he said

Generally speaking, if a person is a frequent user a tolerance is developed leading to a greater dose being required to achieve the same effect. The body takes longer to metabolise higher drug dose levels. The short answer to your question it will take longer.

Thats not good news for me :(
Basiclly i reckon iam going to feel staight but that little machine is going to say i am stoned..... thats wak :|

melburn_madness said:
I have been emailing a police officer with a few questions bout that heres wot he said.

Hi,

Firstly, can I ask is this a police officer that you know personally? No need to name or identify him/her. If it's just two friends talking to each other by email though than it's not really "official", more like inside information.

Secondly, if possible, can you post a transcript of your emails between yourself and the officer, editing out references to your names.

Thirdly, can you, or anyone else, expand further on what they meant about amphetamines... is there a time-window during which amphetamine use will be detected?

Thanks a lot.

i got the police mans email just off police.vic.gov or sumthing like that, i filled in a "wanna ask a cop a questions" email forms and he emailed me back.

I will post the emails 2morrow i am 2 tired now its 3am and i am going to bed +_+