• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc A muscle relaxer that actually works???

I've been prescribed Flexeril numerous times and I'd always explain to my doctors that, no flexeril does not work particularly well for my neck problems but if you want to prescribe a sleep med for me, then please, go right ahead and give me the flexeril. It's the only real benefit I've seen from the drug. Anyone else?

20mg, that's fucked up and just extremely irresponsible.
If you stop cold turkey you'll experience seizures and most likely die because of them. Wikipedia does a great job in explaining it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome

As englandz74 said, you should switch to diazepam and start tapering, look up the Ashton manual.
IMO you shouldn't take any more GABAergics like baclofen, because you are fucking your GABA receptors big time atm. Gaba is the most important inhibiting neurotransmitter you have.

I just looked it up in the British National Formulary (equivalent of the American PDR) the maximum allowed dose of diazepam is 30mg. Bearing in mind you are receiving the equivalent of 400mg (0.5mg clonazepam = 10mg diazepam) I think youd have a hard time getting enough diazepam prescribed. I still find it amazing that a doctor prescribes you 20mg! That's pretty irresponsible of them.

I've been prescribed Flexeril numerous times and I'd always explain to my doctors that, no flexeril does not work particularly well for my neck problems but if you want to prescribe a sleep med for me, then please, go right ahead and give me the flexeril. It's the only real benefit I've seen from the drug. Anyone else?

I took Flexeril twice, both times it made me super groggy & I fell asleep for 3 hours each time, & i woke up both times with headaches, IMO, its a terrible drug.

It did nothing for my back pain or muscle spasms.

I was on clonazepam for eight and a half years and never got above 1mg dosing. That being said I abused it bad towards the end in easily doses between 10-20mg so after seeing these posts I had to look up maximum dosage myself and it does in fact say 20mg daily as the maximum. While that seems like a crazy amount because doctors typically prescribe only 0.5-1mg two to three times daily I can recall that mega doses didn't seem any different to me both with clonazepam and Valium. I didn't become sedated or loopy or euphoric on mega doses. They kept anxiety at bay better but that's all. As far as flexeril goes it was only good for sedation and dry mouth for me it didn't help with muscle spasms. It was really inconsistent too-one day I'd take 2 pills and just get cotton mouth, another day a half a pill would knock me out for 3-4 hours in about fifteen minutes time. Tizanidine was similar for sedation but worked more consistently so I just slept through pain fours hours at a time until tolerance built up. I was horrible with that and if anyone wonders it's like snorting dust-no fun!

I have a script for Robaxin. It provides very little relief, but it's the one muscle relaxer that doesn't make me into a zombie. I can be on it and go to work, etc. The first muscle relaxer I was ever prescribed was Skelaxin. It did nothing but give me a headache and make me drowsy.

20mg, that's fucked up and just extremely irresponsible.
If you stop cold turkey you'll experience seizures and most likely die because of them. Wikipedia does a great job in explaining it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome

As englandz74 said, you should switch to diazepam and start tapering, look up the Ashton manual.
IMO you shouldn't take any more GABAergics like baclofen, because you are fucking your GABA receptors big time atm. Gaba is the most important inhibiting neurotransmitter you have.
Damn. I took 9mg last night and night before and did fine. Maybe I can do it tonight also.

I knew it was a high dosage but if bluelighters and people who abused it didn't take that much.. Crap what has my doctor done to me.

^It's a shame that doctors get people addicted to such high doses of benzos without telling them much about the dangers. Long term benzo usage can have a few really nasty side effects, like increased anxiety and it can hijack your short term memory etc.
You really should taper down with diazepam. Diazepam has different affinities for the GABA-A receptors than clonazepam and I think it's a better muscle relaxant, so it's a win win situation. You get more muscle relaxation and tapering should be even easier with it.
Dann man, I hope you feel better soon