• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc A little help here?

pygmy_cosmonaut

Greenlighter
Ok... About to TLDR this b****. I'm a Mass native and resident. I've been actively addicted to heroin and liquor to a serious degree for a loooong time, over a decade at this point. Add in periods of IV cocaine and extreme benzodiazapene abuse. I'm in a position where I am no longer homeless or incarcerated, but these years of abuse have ravaged my body and mind to a point where it's nigh impossible for me to work, leave my bed etc. without what would be considered a strong dose of h, liquor, or both moving through me. Expensive. I have refused to resort to robbery or prostitution through this (and no hate towards those that do. Too religious, ironically, though that may be the wrong word.)

Anyways, I recently realized that I want to actually step away from all of this, and I have procured a doctor, intending to get back on the bupe, which has worked in the past and done wonders for my depression as well. Problem is, I have roughly a month until said appointment. and my withdraws are really just NOT an option, even from a medical standpoint.

I am aware of loperamide. I just want to ask some fellow addicts - any advice on maintaining health and sanity until I can get there? I'm basically wondering what techniques, medications, attitudes, ANYTHING prior addicts have adopted that has worked to maintain until your ship comes in.

And no, I'm not putting myself in a rehab or detox.

Thanks for your consideration.

video games, netflix, benzos (if you think you can trust yourself... probably don't do that actually)
just some stuff to keep your mind occupied - i find PAWS really kick in when i'm just idle or bored

lyrica or nuerontin, clonidine and a muscle relaxer if needed. I found high dosing lyrica was amazing at keeping wds down. Hopefully when you go to bupe you only use it for a week as a tool
to end your addiction. best of luck lots of great info on this forum to help you.

Loperamide (Immodium) is not something that should be messed around with in high dosages. It went through a hey-day a few years back where the Opioid-using community at-large discovered that high doses could almost completely mitigate withdrawal, but we've spent recent months trying to rein this mentality back in. Not only can Loperamide severely increase your tolerance, but it's also dangerous due to the potential effects it can have on the heart's QT inerval. There have been multiple accounts of otherwise-healthy individuals dropping dead from abusing Loperamide, so I would only use it in a reasonable manner, to control diarrhea.

I've been through several withdrawal episodes in my life and have developed a system that works pretty well for me. The most important drugs are as follows:

Gabapentinoids - Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut are hands-down, the most important drugs (one of them) to have on hand for dealing with Opioid withdrawal. They mitigate all kinds of psychological and physiological symptoms.

Clonidine - Great for reducing hot flashes, tachycardia, anxiety and insomnia.

Cannabis - Helps to reduce pyschological symptoms like depression/anxiety, but is also an excellent anti-emetic/appetite stimulant.

This is a good place to start, but I would definitely consult the Opioid withdrawal megathread for more information.

Yeah gabapentinoids do work very well. Cannabis though, increases my anxiety and sends me into mind/guilt trips about being a hopeless addict and what I have done to myself... BUT it does help with steering me away from using and helps me psychologically from craving it and just suppresses the obsession.

Alcohol though, you may actually need to go to a detox center cuz alcohol DT's can kill. A small benzo or barbiturate taper like with phenobarbital are used to get people off alcohol safely.

I have been thru all of what you are saying OP, just do the safest thing, and take heed of the loperamide use, like mentioned above, use it for what it's used for, killing diarrhea.

Be safe man and good luck bro.

Masturbate, Masturbate, Masturbate!

I find excessive masturbation relieves a multitude of miserable w/d symptoms.

Those horrible restless legs are replaced with warm, relaxed ones.

That awful anxious energy in the pit of your stomach subsides.

An overall feeling of relaxation and contentment washes over you. I'm reasonably certain you are familiar with the sensation.

Granted it wears off fairly quickly but I still swear by it!

At the very least it will help pass the time while your addicted body detoxes.

And yes .... I am 100% serious about this! Good luck ;)

Kief could you elaborate on what a qT interval is i think it has something to do with the heart. Are you saying loperimide can cause rapid heart rate?

Loperamide extends the Q/T interval (de- and repolarization of the heart chambers) this can lead to cardiac arrhythmia and in the worst case sudden death
I'm not completely sure about the mechanism of action, but most drugs that can lead to qt prolongation act on the hERG K+ Channel. This channel is responsible for the repolarization of the heart muscle cells and by inhibiting this the drugs extend the plateau phase, thus extend the action potential and lead to intracellular Ca 2+ accumulation. This can lead to early after depolarization and in turn c lead to Torsades de pointes and sudden death due to ventricular fibrillation (your heart quivers and blood flow stops)

Last edited:
Does herg channels contribute to any of the addictive effects of drugs or have some kinda medical use or is purely bad ?

Wait, forming a serious heroin addiction led you to NOT be homeless / incarcerated anymore?

am I misunderstanding that, or is it ass backwards?

alcohol withdrawals can kill you, you should really go to a detox center or hospital at the very least

get some Librium, which is NOT OTC.

YOU NEED TO SEE TRAINED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS

ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL CAN KILL YOU

If your addiction is mainly opiate related, you'll be fine. And by fine I mean, not going to die. It's still gonna suck

Is herg the mechanism benadyrl causes irregular heart rate and diethyl ether ? Is there a antidote to herg channel induced cardiac issues?

Is herg the mechanism benadyrl causes irregular heart rate and diethyl ether ? Is there a antidote to herg channel induced cardiac issues?

Iirc diphenhydramine does interact with hERG, don't know about dietylether and as far as I know there's no antidote
But let's not derail this thread completely

Edit: you can always PM me, if you have a question or want to chat :)

Last edited:
Addiction may be a unwellness that takes place within the brain. It happens once the reward, motivation and memory circuitries ar rewired, resulting in unsatiable cravings for a selected action or item. once somebody suffers from addiction, their thought method revolves round the singular pursuit of that item — whether or not it’s alcohol, drugs, gambling just about on.
The most torturous factor concerning addiction is that it doesn't discriminate. Even the foremost comprehensivepeople will succumb to long addictions. Why do you have to be anxious concerning your teenager? as a result of usually times, the semipermanent battle with substance use and addiction begins throughout adolescence.
Adding to the complexness of the difficulty may be a prevailing indifference that’s related to illicit drug use — despite the actual fact that the supply, selection and efficiency of those substances has full-grownenormously. Over the last ten years, teens have dramatically relaxed their opinions on however harmful illicit drug use is. Among eighth graders above all, in 2004, 31.9% same they felt smoking marijuana once or doubly was risky. That proportion born to twenty third a decade later. With regards to ecstasy, 42.5% of a similar cluster felt it had been risky to use it, the share dropping dramatically to twenty four.3% a decade later.
Considering all of the hazards of addiction, this absence of a way of urgency buyonlineadderall.com or a minimum of, the decrease in one — demands your concern. the reality is, addiction will begin with only 1 hit or one drink. however staying concerned in your teen’s life and gap the lines of communication with them will create all the distinction within the world.