• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

A life devoted to tripping - a valid life path?

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Anyone sometimes feel like they are on the "road less travelled" as you age and gradually realise you are the only man of your age-group still alone and taking psychedelic drugs as a means of achieving happiness?

Is tripping your tits off to your hearts content a valid way of spending your life? When you are laying on your deathbed will you think "That time I was running down the street naked save for one sock talking like Worzel Gummidge..that was worth being around for...I lived, I FUCKING LIVED!" :)

Did you have much of a life apart from tripping Cheshire? Say out of your top 10 happiest moments how many were drug free? My 10 happiest are probably 10 psychedelic experiences.

Absolutely, I had a great career in engineering, raised a wonderful family and spend my retirement developing video games as a contractor for other studios. Most of my best moments were drug free. Psychedlics are not addictive, in fact the rapid tolerance buildup practically ensures that one takes breaks between experiences. One requires time to integrate the experience into every day reality. In my case it's once a month or so, but I ingest a moderate to high dose most times.

Last edited:
As long as you never overdo it, I think you're fine.
Also, microdosing is usually very effective if you suffer from depression, anxiety, stress, etc.

I loved psychotropes too much, especially Mescaline, often combined with MDMA or LSD(or both). I mean acid and shrooms were awesome and all, but Mescaline was just next level. I did like 3 big trips a week for about 6 months, but took a lot of psychotropes and empathogens for 4 years.

There comes a point when your mind is just overstimulated if you overdo it. I made a dive into another reality, where everything felt 10, no 1000 times as intense as in this world. Fuck, it sounds silly, but it still takes convincing myself that this world I experienced wasnt reality, and that I'm not in a coma, or on a trip or something. I even became convinced that the 21.12.2012 would be the day I'd wake up from this "fake reality" that is actual life. I'm 8 years off drugs now, and at the time I stopped I was out.of.my.fucking.mind. Don't chase stronger and stronger trips.

As you get older your options with drugs get smaller, stims are bad for the ticker, also a lot of people fall out of love with smoking, if opiates are your thing chances are you're missing limbs or on oxygen or dead, benzos are only recreational for a short time so all you are left with is psyches and alcohol. I microdose acid twice a week, it keeps my mood even and I enjoy the dose days, I like a pub dose of mushrooms when the pubs are open and like to trip when I go out on my boat for the day. I can't say that any of my best life experiences were on psyches but they do improve my life which is more than I can say for drinking.

No top 10 life experiences on psychedelics at all gannets? Is it more childrens births etc?

Yeah my top 10 best moments in life were all on psychedelics I think, maybe not all 10 but close. Eh.. still young

Drugs The ultimate escape from ourselves? Or the doors to perception of a deeper reality? I have done more drugs than any of you could carry. And I still don't know.
John McAfee 2021

Life devoted to something is More life than most. Arguable maybe.
Well I wouldn't call it that if it were, say, a devotion to slaughtering infants, but as long as your devotion can only harm yourself I think you're absolutely right - at least it's a goal, you know. Not necessarily a smart or well-crafted goal, but a goal.