• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction A Guide: Injecting into the Femoral Vein

Thank you!

Great guide

IMO your lucid instructions on how to do what is done anyway is harm reduction at it's best. Not to far at all. The danger was stated and emphasized by this community.

Last edited:
Dammit..my first drug use was injectin crushed spasmo proxyvon capsules into my femoral veins. I was just fourteen..Best shot! I used my right femoral for a regular 3 years n left one for a regular 2 n half years. Yu cud sumtimz hit arteries, but remember, they are pink in color, vey pink (fresh). jus pull back yur gun, press yur thump upon it n squirt rest for maximum 5 minutes. second try is a bit dangerous bcuz yur stuff will be mixed wit blood from artery n yu wudnt be able tu identify the pink color next time. so wen yu see blood filling yur gun, jus giv a soft finger knock on yur gun's butt..if its artery yu'll feel some burn...if its femoral..yu wont feel anythin. press down around 0.2 ml..n yu knw it's femoral..Enjoy the best kick. no vein gives yu more pleasure than Femoral. wen yu av finished with femoral, ask me...I've been using some other vein for almost a year now. But femoral is the best...dangerous but yu get used to playing with guns. but not very dangerous as the posts described here...Remember I was jus fourteen n i did it to myself regularly,,, lucky shooting

Dammit..my first drug use was injectin crushed spasmo proxyvon capsules into my femoral veins. I was just fourteen..Best shot! I used my right femoral for a regular 3 years n left one for a regular 2 n half years. Yu cud sumtimz hit arteries, but remember, they are pink in color, vey pink (fresh). jus pull back yur gun, press yur thump upon it n squirt rest for maximum 5 minutes. second try is a bit dangerous bcuz yur stuff will be mixed wit blood from artery n yu wudnt be able tu identify the pink color next time. so wen yu see blood filling yur gun, jus giv a soft finger knock on yur gun's butt..if its artery yu'll feel some burn...if its femoral..yu wont feel anythin. press down around 0.2 ml..n yu knw it's femoral..Enjoy the best kick. no vein gives yu more pleasure than Femoral. wen yu av finished with femoral, ask me...I've been using some other vein for almost a year now. But femoral is the best...dangerous but yu get used to playing with guns. but not very dangerous as the posts described here...Remember I was jus fourteen n i did it to myself regularly,,, lucky shooting

Wow. Why'd you start with the femoral and how did you know about that spot even at 14? Arms are usually the beginner veins. Also I thought if you hit the artery you could cause a lot of bleeding? Like serious trouble.

Mods....why is this post still even available? I know you put a disclaimer on it, but this is a harm reduction site and this post is going to cause nothing but harm. Giving people the idea to shoot in this location is like playing russian roulette.

Because there are IDU's who will use this vein and they deserve harm reduction information just as much as any other Bluelighter does.

Wow. Why'd you start with the femoral and how did you know about that spot even at 14? Arms are usually the beginner veins. Also I thought if you hit the artery you could cause a lot of bleeding? Like serious trouble.

I imagine at age 14 you may not have the luxury of IVing in your arm veins, especially if you still live with your parents.

Last edited:

I imagine at age 14 you may not have the luxury of IVing in your arm veins, especially if you still live with your parents. [/COLOR]

Okay I can see how hiding it would come into play. But I'm curious as to why a 14 year old would even know about that vein location in the first place, esp as beginner. I'd like to know how it all came about for him basically. I just can't picture a 14 year old with a needle looking to inject for the first time being able to find the femoral vein on his own, esp since it's so deep. Because it's kind of unusual. I know I for one didn't know about the femoral vein or any of my vein names at 14, then again I wasn't injecting at that age.

Yea, I disagree with sixspartseven saying that this thread isn't reducing any harm and in fact is causing harm, going against our "harm reduction" policies. It is a fact that when people use healthy techniques when injecting drugs...i.e. rotating veins, using new needles every time, sterilization, etc....that the chance that they will ever need to use a femoral vein is pretty much zero....

but it is also a fact....that most of the people who choose to inject drugs, do not have enough knowledge on the subject to do so perfectly safely. Alot of them don't choose to research the proper procedures and some of them don't even have access to the information telling them the correct way to inject.....this is an undisputable fact.

Therefore....if someone who has had limited knowledge/availibility of knowledge on the subject of injecting, and has totaly ruined there veins completely and there last option is there femoral vein, and no one is going to convince them not too, so they will do it whether they have the correct information or not(or maybe they even have false information telling them that its perfectly normal and common to shoot up in femoral veins)....then it IS DEFINITELY IN THE INTEREST OF HARM REDUCTION to give them access to the correct information on how to perform that task. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant of the fact that people choose to do things without proper knowledge ALL THE TIME....therefore when these people finally do choose to gain proper knowledge, especially on an important subject, it is extremely important that that knowledge be there for them to gain.

TY for this thread, I read it all, and i wont lie i tried to get in it, but I only have one dull 5/16 28g and when I didn't register, i decided to take a hot bath and see if I couldn't get a differen't vein to pop, turns out I was able to hit those super tiny vein on the wrist with the huge dull needle (go figure) good to know the info anyways, as the next time I get a pack of freshies that's prolly where I'm going to have to hit. I did have one question thou, when I attemted it, I did as you said with the fingers on the edge of the pulse, and went straight in, but just couldnt not register, how close am I injecting next to my fingers?

** also, is a 5/16 @ a 90degree angle too long? might a 1/2 be better?

Please everyone who is using their groan/femoral veins to hit, please beware that major complications are likely to ensue if utilized too much. After about 2 months of happily, easily hitting it, I began experiencing leg swelling in my right leg. The swelling was so pronounced that I had to visit a hospital, where I was diagnosed with DVT. Blood clots, probably due to degraded vein tissue, formed in my pelvis. I was extremely lucky that the blood clot did not loosen and lodge in either my lungs, causing a pulmonary embolism, or more unlikely in my brain, causing a stroke. I just turned 29. I will more than likely be on anticoagulants for the rest of my life. I have to get my blood tested every two weeks for the rest of my life. I am supposed to wear old-lady compression stockings when walking around.

I know people have veins everywhere. I really do not. Getting my blood tested, the technicians always have trouble accessing a vein, so they have to tap arteries to collect blood. That is what led to my finding the femoral. I know people will do what they want to do. And this article was at least a rough guide for those who choose to try this route. I just wanted to share my experience. Good luck everyone.

i am so sick of missing shots! i missed a total of 32 fucking bags yesterday and spent over 3 1/2 hours in the bathroom trying to hit. it's fucking insane and a complete waste of time. i've read this post over and over again, and still i'm not having any luck, i can't find the pulse talked about for the femoral veins. i can see the vertical-running veins in my side above my waistline but they aren't surface veins, i can see the blue but can't feel them, how deep are they? can they be hit safely?

I hav had the same problem and tryed my groin a few times with no success but had a mate hit it once first tym,that thread is reli helpfull wish i had that info b4 would hav saved me a lot of pain n damage,
IF u lift ur arm up theres veins that u can see between ur armpit and biceps and top of the chest area reli eay to hot stretch ur arm out to see easly,hope this helps

you'd be surprised afters years of injecting impure substances i/e street heroin. You can lose all your veins in the vast majority even rotating an using clean works .

I know after 13yrs what it can do and i am one of the few outta my mates who haven;t gone to the groin/femoral . Brilliant advice from Fallen EDeN (really smart advice ) gives an excellent rage of options to somebody considering the femoral vein which is just plain bad news

Also your genetic make up will contribute as to how long /how much abuse your veins can take

Good Luck and Peace to All

Know how u feel I've been that way before I'm gettin like that again and so hacked off with it too!! Amount of gear I've wasted that's why I started using detachable works n using empty barrel until found a vein and its do much better but that's not even really working now grrrrrrrr!!!!!!

when you inject a drug into your arteries instead of going to your heart it goes to your fingertips (if you shoot into the artery into your arm) and the small particles floating around the solution clog your capillaries in your fingers and next thing you know your missing a hand. I suppose with a solution designed to be i.v.'d it wouldn't be as bad as a suboxone or a bag of dope (suboxone's are the worst culprit for this happening in case studies) but in general if you don't want to lose some digits or an entire limb you need to do everything you can to avoid hitting an artery.

By the way, this guide echoes the information found in this posting but some may find the photographs useful.

http://www.harmreduction.org/downloads/femoral_injecting_final.pdf

Again, good luck and be careful everyone.

I'm very concerned about that pdf guide. The directions are very confusing and a couple of friends who have been injecting like this for some time agree that the combination of photos and directions guide you towards injecting into an area that according to the diagram on page 3 of their guide (and any other correct diagram), would be either more of the artery or would be the nerve, not the vein. They suggest that you use your right hand to find the pulse on your right side, then with the hand resting in the way they suggest, the femoral vein should be 'somewhere below the index finger'. But the index finger is above the middle finger. Thus when rested across the waist as in the photographs, the index finger indicates an area that is above where the pulse has been located. Surely you would want to be going below not above -at the very least based on the diagram of the veins and arteries provided. If you follow the guide from the beginning, it reads very much like a how-to guide for people that want to shoot into their femoral nerve (needless to say such people do not exist). All the other information is good, so it's striking how it suddenly drops the ball when it comes to the most crucial point - the actual injecting. It's hard for me to convey how baffling it is, you have to follow it yourself and I feel sure that anyone who does will come up against this problem. Unless, that is, i am misunderstanding it drastically. But thought I'd raise it, as this is a resource people will always be returning to. Perhaps someone else here can make sense of it. Much as we want to dissuade people from femoral injecting, even the most hardened purveyor of tough love would draw the line at the promotion of fake harm reduction literature that directs injecting drug users towards femoral nerve damage as a form of shock-treatment aversion therapy.

To be fair it's probably impossible to write a really detailed guide to doing something that is essentially a skilled medical procedure. But I think it could be a bit better.

Last edited:
I just want to thank you for that info. I was desperate enough that I was searching everywhere for a good guide for this but this is the one the finally allowed me to get it. thanks.

when you inject a drug into your arteries instead of going to your heart it goes to your fingertips (if you shoot into the artery into your arm) and the small particles floating around the solution clog your capillaries in your fingers and next thing you know your missing a hand. I suppose with a solution designed to be i.v.'d it wouldn't be as bad as a suboxone or a bag of dope (suboxone's are the worst culprit for this happening in case studies) but in general if you don't want to lose some digits or an entire limb you need to do everything you can to avoid hitting an artery.

I've had a friend hit me in the femoral once but I was so spun from an adderall/oxy 2 day bender that I didn't really care or know what I was doing. It worked. And I'm glad that, once again, I'm here to tell an improbable tale of why I'm still alive! :D

But yeah, in a more coherent state I would have, and I HAVE just pushed in the drug knowing I'm going to miss but knowing I'll still get the high. It sucks but so it goes. That being said I've never been neck high in heroin addiction so it's easier for me to just take the miss.

And what can I say, I'm a fan of my limbs.

Brusies without reason! (all equippment clear!!)

Hello everyone! 8)

I am 23. and, sadly, I've lost all my veins. Believe me, I have. I was intense heroin user, as I had money for it. It was powder, or rock, diluting it in citric acid- etc.. :\

After going onto MMT, I've got fatter - I have 94kg and I'm 175cm tall. :|

So, I tried all places that I've used to shot. I've used the smallest gauge, shorter needles, and stuff to inject methadone. Here, we have methadone solution that contains following.

1 bottle = 10ml.
1ml = 10mg of methadone hcl.

Additional substances:
96% ethanol
Propyilenglykol
Metylparahidroxybenzoat
Propylparahydroxybenzoat

I get 7 bottles for take-home dosage, from the pharmacy. The bottles are in sealed box, and our pharmacists do NOT have right to open sealed boxes. So, I have drink 10ml of methadone, that is 100mg of it per day. Now, I - from time to time - I.V it. =D =D =D :<3

I come to the part where I have no other places, but femoral vein. One of my "friends" showed me where the femoral vein is- about.

Afterwards, I found it with a bit of knowledge from internet - just not as showed on picture, shooting into limb part, but into leg part - a bit down from the picture that has been displayed at guide here. Nevertheless, I got it. :|:|

I used 3 times, so far, every time changing the side, and using those green 21G × 1½" (0.8 × 40mm) (green) needles for I.V into femoral vein.
:(

What bothers me? I am really worried! 8o8:)(

- After each successful shot, even after one that I've got without even smallest "fishing around" I get bruises. I get bruises on place where I inject, PLUS i get bruises down the leg. It hurts for 5-6 days, and it passed, everything got back into "normal". :(
:\

Now, as I know myself, I will inject - or try to - again. Please, can you tell me why is this happening. My guess is that it's because of fat tissue, and when I pull out the needle, the blood (even tho pressure with toailet paper is applied) goes into fat tissue, as I have it...

Additional info about injecting:

On places where I inject, I have to insert whole "green" needle, and after inserting it whole - i register dark blood.
:D=D

=====

The other mysterious thing is that, the latest hit:

- I've inserted needle, registered dark blood - but when I've started injecting I've had a horrible burning sensation followed by some rough pain...

WHAT IS HAPPENING?