• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids A few questions regarding poppy pods

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
Yeah, there's a ton of threads about it, but they're either all scattered around, getting derailed, or 62 pages long.

I've recently discovered the wonder of poppy pod tea. I always knew about it, and I tried poppy seed tea a few times and never got any effects from it. I read good things about poppy pods, so I ordered a box. They arrived, 25 golf-ball sized pods. I ground up 3 of them, crowns, seeds and all, put them into a coffee filter, put into a coffee pot and I ran a cup of water through it. The result was a cloudy orange tea, similar to the appearance of an amber beer. I put a regular tea bag into the orange water and sucked it down. I felt plateuing effects in about 1.5-2 hours later, feeling similar (but not the same) to 10-15mg hydrocodone and lasted all freakin' day.

Questions:

1- I usually use everything, the seeds, the crown, and even the stems. Is there a reason some people discard these things? I would assume there is some alkaloid in everything, might as well get your money out of it!!

2- One of the pods I busted open had a weird looking "pit" in it. It was a weird looking thing that resembled a dark walnut without the shell. I threw it away. Any idea what that was?

3- I read a lot that people feel effects from the tea in ~30 mines or less. Why does it take so damn long to hit me? Last night, I made a cup, used four pods, and I didn't feel anything until a good 2 hours later, but then it hit nicely and I still feel it the next afternoon! Do I simply have a slow metabolism?

4- Do people find eating the actual ground-up matter useful? Does it work better? Is there a point to gobbling down matter that has already been used for tea?

5- Does boiling the water actually kill the alkaloids? Would it be advisable to make a cup or so of the tea, and then boil it down to a very small amount to say a shot glass worth? What about boiling all the way down until I'm left with a residue? Would this produce something actually worth insufflating or putting into a capsule? I'm guessing not but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for the answers and I apologize if some of these questions have been asked, I'm sure they have.

Thank you! :)

1- Everything you mentioned have alkaloids and are worth using except perhaps the seeds... the consensus seems to be that the seeds only get the alkaloids on them after the pods have been scored for opium collection and most of the pods I received weren't and the seeds useless. The seeds add a lot of gross fats and bitter flavor to the tea.

I usually only used the pods and then saved the stems, knobs and crowns for when I ran out or was in withdrawal.

2- If I understand correctly, that pit is just the crumpled-up flower having not fallen off before the pod closed.

3- I have no idea why it would hit so long so I won't speculate.

4- I found eating the ground matter very useful, but not after I already used it to make tea, at that point most of the alkaloids have been extracted. Eating/otherwise consuming the pod grounds WITHOUT using them for tea will yield substantially stronger results (most say 130%-200% as strong) and it will last longer.

5- There are set points for what temp destroys what alkaloids, I don't know these temps. If you want to reduce the liquid search around for pod putty preparation instructions.

Lastly, yes ALL of these questions have been asked and answered dozens of times. Please use the search engine next time. I know wading through posts can be annoying but using the search function and ctrl + f to find specific terms within the page can yield answers MUCH quicker than waiting for people to reply.

Thank you for the insightful answers!!

My girlfriend and I really look at PPT as magical. Taking this beautiful creation that came from the earth, just as it is, simply crushing it up and making an organic tea that puts you into a complete state of natural euphoria and bliss, you can't help but feel...I dunno....in touch?

All I know is this stuff is very special and magical, however the addiction potential is very, very apparent. We're being careful.

opiates are vaporized around 80 degrees C.
Ideally coffee is brewed at 95 degrees C.
Drip coffee makers vary in temperature.