• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants A couple of newbie methamphetamine questions.

iwishicouldflyhigh

Greenlighter
I did a bit of searching and didn't find any answers regarding my particular curiosities, so hopefully none of this is too stupidly obvious. I'm still relatively new to meth, and I was curious about a couple of things I've experienced while on it. I've parachuted probably 350-375mg at the very most in the past 60 hours or so.

Firstly, I've periodically felt a weird sensation in my forearm the last few days. I'm assuming it's the 'bugs under your skin' feeling, but I figured I'd ask to make sure since I don't really know what meth bugs usually feel like.

Secondly, after I took my last dose, it hit me harder than any beforehand. I got a little lightheaded for a few seconds and had to calm myself down. Now, my head feels like it has an enhanced sense of touch. For example, I'll put my hands on the back of my head for a moment, and shortly after removing them, it'll feel kinda like I have hands resting on my head again (the feeling lasts for about two seconds). Also, I'm a little extra sweatier after this last dose. I know being sweaty is very common for meth, but I haven't felt particularly sweaty before.

The last dose was probably a little larger than usual, but not by a whole lot. I just assume I'm a little extra spun and it hit me harder than I'm used to. I've experienced the sudden overwhelming head rush while taking MDMA.

Is any of this maybe caused by the last dose being slightly larger, or the total amount I've consumed? I didn't think that less than half a gram in almost three days was outrageous, but maybe it is for a low tolerance. I haven't felt any telltale signs of danger, so I'm not really worried at the moment. I'm mostly curious about the head sensation and the forearm feeling, and the reasoning behind them.

Thanks for any answers!

ROA?
Your fine, ride it out and don't worry about your arm. Meth does strange things to your nerves sometimes.

My ROA has been strictly oral by parachuting it. Despite being kind of wasteful, it seems much more appealing than any other method.

Thanks, I fortunately haven't felt abnormally paranoid from the meth, so I'm not too worried about any of these feelings. I did just realize that the feeling in my arm could also be caused by poor circulation. My right hand feels colder than my left.

You took a very high dose of meth.

I'm not surprised that your circulation is all wonky, and why you felt lightheaded.

Make sure you don't re-dose, and that you force yourself to eat food, drink water or stay hydrated, and get some rest.

I've never used meth but people I know who have would do this when they used it.

I had a feeling it might be my body letting me know it's just about quittin' time. Definitely no plans for another re-dose. The last thing I want to be doing in an hour is taking a ride in the back of an ambulance. Fortunately, feeling lightheaded and sweaty were both short lived. They both lasted about two hours at most. I've also made extra sure that water, food, and vitamins are all high priorities.

Really, the reasons behind most of my questions are probably pretty easy to decipher based on cause and effect. I'm mostly curious about the head sensation though. I haven't seen it mentioned when reading about common effects of a meth high. I'd imagine it had to do with my last dose, but I'm really interested in knowing more specifics. On the plus side, assuming it's not a sign of my impending doom, it's actually kinda cool. The feeling is unique, but if I compared it to another sensation, I'd say it's a little bit similar to that feeling you get in the back of your neck/head area when you have a shiver.

I had a feeling it might be my body letting me know it's just about quittin' time.

You answered your own question right there, except the "quittin' time" should have happened dozens of hours before this, and the reason for ignoring your MIND telling you to have a few hours of sleep is simple..............it is lack of sleep.

Your body shouldn't be letting you know when it is time to go to sleep and this is a classic example of how the communication between your mind and body starts to get all jumbled up.

It is called Sleep deprivation.

Your Central Nervous System needs rest in order to function in the correct way. In most cases the person would physically be in one position (eg. sitting in front of PC for 12 hours), so this and the lack of sleep would cause all these symptoms, which might not even be the correct symptoms as your CNS needs recharging in order for your mind to get the correct "data" and act accordingly.

Your CNS is telling you to get some sleep but in the sleep deprived state (chemically induced or not) it is impossible for that message to be received. It is sent correctly, but is ignored and any person would look for a reason to stay awake a few more hours, even if all these hours are spent looking for solutions to "symptoms" when all one needs is 6 hours rest and then you can get back to whatever you were doing, just not "right now".

When your car runs out of fuel, imagine you trying to come up with a way to make it carry on going and there is only one way................ to re-fuel the car.
The same applies to your Central Nervous System, it is that simple. It is a sleep deprived psychosis and nobody can make correct decisions and will look for anything to avoid actually getting into bed and resting.

I mean after you've had your rest/sleep you can get back to whatever you were doing that was so interesting.
You would also have a "surplus" of whatever substance if you took earlier.
So instead of re-dosing and staying awake, get some rest and you will have plenty of doses for when you wake up again.

So it is actually a "win - win" situation for your health and recreation.

Hope this makes sense and I hope you understand what I mean when I say the "symptoms" are probably all false and looking for solutions when your mind and body are not in sync just isn't logical.

As tricomb said, rest, re-hydrate and eat.

I also agree on the ROA you have chosen, and that is why I am responding to your thread, my first post in a very long time.

Sleep well and good luck.

SL

I second that. Sleep deprivation will fuck with your mind and perceptions, even something as mild as modafinil can screw with your head after 3 days without sleep, so I dread to imagine what meth would do. The thing about sleep deprivation is that one of the early effects (even without stims) is to actually make you feel more awake; this is why many students will tell you not to bother sleeping if you're up studying or partying till 4AM. What these same students don't realise is that this feeling of wakefulness is an illusion, studies have actually shown that after one night of sleep deprivation you're more cognitively impaired than if you were drunk.

Knock yourself out with something. Benzos or Z-drugs are fine, and Seroquel is ideal for killing stim trips quickly.

Last edited:
ROA?
Your fine, ride it out and don't worry about your arm. Meth does strange things to your nerves sometimes.

^This.

Don't panic yourself. You WILL live. You won't even have to go to the ER. .35g at once... damn, though. But hey, it's oral, I understand it all works different. If SWIM smokes .1g too fast, he gets the "too much" feeling of cold sweats and just general shitty feeling. I know that's different, yet also, SWIM has smoked 2.5-3g of GOOD shit over almost 4 days. Felt damn good the whole way through. NOW SWIM can smoke .5g in 24 hours and feel like shit. It's a strange drug, and the reason I came back is because of the talk going on about giving bad advice. I don't want to just be all "YOU'LL BE A-OK", and you really have an underlying issue going on. SWIM has a little at-home blood pressure tester that always helps put his mind at ease. Usually when SWIM hits that "too jacked/bad feeling" point, he really just winds up around 145-150/95 BP. Not great, but not bad, ALL considered (the ice, the movement, the paranoia and panicking leading him TO take the blood pressure test).

AND..... SWIM just noticed that you have either recovered by now or are ending another binge, lol. 9 days old, and I'm replying all concerned-like. I do hope to hear back from ya about how things turned out. Even if it's short. I know the "down" feeling can hang around for a while.

Last edited:
Last thing, but yeah, people will get red in the knuckles, spotty legs, hands, etc., because meth is a very bad vasoconstrictor. That's one thing that causes a LOT of side effects to people... like extreme shoulder pain, head aches, numbness (not the numbness right after the hit), etc.

I appreciate the advice everyone! You'll be happy to know that all is well Freaksh0w. Like everyone advised, proper sleep and time to recover had me feeling much better. I did unfortunately end up experiencing an anxiety attack a few hours after my last post, but I was thankfully able to ride it out due to having experienced one a while back, and knowing I had benzos if I needed them. Getting a blood pressure tester is a really good idea. The more things that can calm the mind during a panic attack, the better.

Anyways, thanks again everyone! Meth is definitely an easy one to trick yourself into abusing, so I'll likely stick to my (slightly) less harmful and more favorable psychedelics for the most part.

"I figured I'd ask to make sure since I don't really know what meth bugs usually feel like" Dude if you start to think you have bugs under your skin it's time to take a break. Meth bugs look like whatever your brain lets you see, but it's a sign you're moving into a higher plane of the negative meth cycle.

I did a bit of searching and didn't find any answers regarding my particular curiosities, so hopefully none of this is too stupidly obvious. I'm still relatively new to meth, and I was curious about a couple of things I've experienced while on it. I've parachuted probably 350-375mg at the very most in the past 60 hours or so.

Firstly, I've periodically felt a weird sensation in my forearm the last few days. I'm assuming it's the 'bugs under your skin' feeling, but I figured I'd ask to make sure since I don't really know what meth bugs usually feel like.

Secondly, after I took my last dose, it hit me harder than any beforehand. I got a little lightheaded for a few seconds and had to calm myself down. Now, my head feels like it has an enhanced sense of touch. For example, I'll put my hands on the back of my head for a moment, and shortly after removing them, it'll feel kinda like I have hands resting on my head again (the feeling lasts for about two seconds). Also, I'm a little extra sweatier after this last dose. I know being sweaty is very common for meth, but I haven't felt particularly sweaty before.

The last dose was probably a little larger than usual, but not by a whole lot. I just assume I'm a little extra spun and it hit me harder than I'm used to. I've experienced the sudden overwhelming head rush while taking MDMA.

Is any of this maybe caused by the last dose being slightly larger, or the total amount I've consumed? I didn't think that less than half a gram in almost three days was outrageous, but maybe it is for a low tolerance. I haven't felt any telltale signs of danger, so I'm not really worried at the moment. I'm mostly curious about the head sensation and the forearm feeling, and the reasoning behind them.

Thanks for any answers!

First off meth does a lot of weird things to your nerves. Psycho somatic or otherwise.

Second, if you feel all warm and sweaty you're probably okay. Dunno the explanation, but I'd go ahead and say in my professional opinion you're better than okay.

Less than half a gram in three days is actually doing better than most.
Don't let any HR person tell your otherwise (blah blah blah, p.m. me if you want)

You're good.
Enjoy your stuff. :D

This is why I never do meth without having a handful of benzos, its just an absolute must for me. If I dont, then yeah I'm edgy worrying about every little thing..

Meth has never really affected me bad ,and I use up to 450mg sometimes in one go . Maybe its cause I use around 600mg a day of Oxycodone . But all meth does to me is keep me from being so tired from the Oxy all day . I only use meth when I need to do a lot in one day ,and need to be alert .