• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants A brief hypnotic state I sometimes get with adderall

monster_fallacy

Greenlighter
Preface(meaning you can skip down past this if you hate reading)

This is my first post, I apologize for the length but I'm tweaking on addy right now and very much feel like writing!
(Like for real, this tiny little phenomenon is probably not worth reading all this girth, but I'll still have fun writing it so whatever)

I used to get this every time I did more than my daily dose of Adderall.
Now it only happens after a tolerance break or a dangerously high dosage, (considering I need one or the other to get fucked up anymore).
For me, Adderall is my daily drug. I use about 20-40 mg's everyday to magically transform into a functional member of society (in other words, not a huge pile of shit).
I used to be prescribed Adderall XR, which would do this to me every time, actually, but sucked at everything else.

Anyways, down to the phenomenon that I've been experiencing.
This is very weird and specific thing.
I'm wondering if anyone can relate to any part of this reoccurring event.

--------

What Happens to Me

I don't know what to call it, so I'll just describe it.

It's always after the peak.
At this point my motivation and energy start to simmer down, but my heart and organs still have that lovely "elevated" feeling that adderall gives.

I become very zoned out. Staring blankly at nothing, zoned out. I'll want to lie down and close my eyes.
It feels like my brain is definitely working, but I'm not sure what it's actually doing because I'm not having any thoughts at all, and moving at all seems like a lot of effort.

This part is difficult to explain properly because I've truly never felt anything like it, but I'll try my best to describe it.

My brain is still definitely working, I feel figurative gears turning and grinding, but on what I'm still not sure.
Despite feeling like there is the equivalent of a factory in my brain, my mind is completely blank. It's actually astonishing how truly empty my thoughts are.
It's almost like said factory is hidden by a curtain, and although behind it I can feel a lot of work is being done, in front of it, where I am, is nothing but empty space.

Sometimes, while my mind is simultaneously working vigorously and also totally doing nothing at all, my leg or foot will want to shake or bounce.
When I allow them to, it's a very automatic thing. I don't feel like I'm actually doing it. It just happens.
It's incredibly hypnotic, the rhythm of it, in tune with my zoned out brain. This is the first stage of the brief meditative state I fall into.

The next stage might actually just be me being "half asleep". At this point, my mind feels so zen that I actually don't know if I'm asleep or awake. But, after what feels like a long time, I "wake up".
Almost exactly, every time, 15 minutes is all that has passed. It's weird how close it always is to 15 minutes exactly.

After "waking", I don't feel zoned out or dead, and am now just at my normal state. Sometimes I'll get irritable later, but for the most part, this tiny meditative "nap" gets rid of my crash.
With Adderall XR, this would happen like clockwork everyday. It was very odd how exact it became, like a ritual for me.

It happens at almost exactly 9 hrs for XR, but after 6 hrs elapsed for the non XR.

----------------
Thanks for reading :^)
Does anybody else have anything similar happen?

You know, this used to happen to me on amphetamines too-I would literally nod out like I was on heroin. I think it's what people refer to as being 'over-amped'. I used to find tweakers laying around looking dead all the time, and I'd be shocked thinking 'Did so and so start doing Junk?!' but no, they had just done too much tina.

Hmm, I'm usually wide awake when I take my adderall so idk lol.

But as far as writing, man. Lol I wrote a 3-4 page blog a couple weeks ago. That same night, I wrote out a very very detailed budget...
Idk why.. I don't really have anything I'm saving for right now but apparently it was a good idea lol

I've experienced something like this with adderall before on multiple occasions. I would take my prescribed dose (20mg IR) and it would just make me feel totally exhausted. Not every time, but often enough to be annoying. Typically it would happen a couple hours after taking it but well before it wore off. On several occasions it actually made me fall asleep. Sometimes this happened on the come-up. I mentioned this to some of my friends and they didn't believe me.

The XR's were the worst. 3-5 hours of useful time then 4-6 hours of feeling like shit, plus the exhaustion I described above.

I can't stand adderall anymore. Even a small dose is almost unbearable now. A few years ago, I asked my doctor to switch to modafinil and it's been much better.

This has happened to me on Adderall/Dexedrine before when I took it in low doses as prescribed. I also have fallen asleep while on it.

I used to take XR 30s 2 or 3 times a week and loved the high. But every one and a while, like maybe 1 out of 10 times I would get so tired I had no choice but to fall asleep for a few hours. I still got the elevated heart rate but none of the euphoria and energy. I would have to lay down and wonder why my heart was beating so fast until I inevitably fell asleep. Even if I tried to redose before I fell asleep it never worked and I'd fall asleep anyway. I never understood it either.