• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 411: Fantasy

Please review the submissions on the first page and choose your favorite!

• 1. chinup

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 2. Mister Privacy

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 3. negrogesic

• 4. ions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. wo1fg4ng

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 6. hylite

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 7. Littana

• 8. Negentropic

• 9. F.U.B.A.R.

• 10. Xorkoth

• 11. n3ophy7e

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 12. mal3volent

• 13. Shardzvark

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
WELCOME TO PHOTO CONTEST #411!

This round's theme is FANTASY as selected by your reigning champion: @Littana.

This topic is open to some interpretation, and should communicate something fantastical, dream-like, or otherwise describing the theme as you see it. Get creative!

Submissions must be original photographs, with or without minimal pre or post editing.

Submissions are now closed! Take some photos, or select an existing original photo of yours, and submit it! The endless days of Summer are still upon us, time enough to lay back, close your eyes, and think up a great entry!

Voting is now open! Please review the submissions below and vote for your favorite. If you do not see the poll options appearing yet, it is because we are giving this a short time for the entrants to verify that I selected the correct photos before we start.

===================================================================================

1. chinup

20210915-193546-PANO.jpg

2. Mister Privacy

xtAAjuV.jpg

3. negrogesic

Screenshot-20210813-194742-Gallery.jpg

4. ions

BOafrnQ.jpeg

5. wo1fg4ng

oGYOawI.jpeg

6. hylite

DZvDg9j.jpg

7. Littana

image-2021-08-25-012430.png

8. Negentropic

PXL_20211005_112720341.jpg

9. F.U.B.A.R.

20210907-073550.jpg

10. Xorkoth

LWyECcI.jpg

11. n3ophy7e

DLvzZOy.jpg

12. mal3volent

v8kRiCK.jpg

13. Shardzvark

1ugtYT4.jpeg

===================================================================================​

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until August 20th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  3. Voting will open from August 21st through August 31st (subject to change depending on participation level).
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or...
      • Images can be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want
  7. The winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Dreamer (or another title of your choosing related to the theme)
  8. Don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time for a hopefully endless Summer.

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting. Please be aware of when the contest will close, it will be announced ahead of time. Once the final entries are put into the first post and voting is opened, we cannot change your entry.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of creating a microcosm of a trippy forest or something and taking it from close-up to make it look like a complete ecosystem. Then I can imagine myself shrinking down to explore it like a microscopic forest. I need to start visualizing it until the full vision comes together.

Good luck to all,
Mister Privacy

I'm trying to decide what to do for this, too. I think it's an awesome topic that will provoke thought. Hope people don't feel intimidated by the topic, please submit anything you feel fits even in an abstract or tangential way.

I took a handful of photos I am going to go through when I get a minute and probably submit something from, but not sure if it'll be my final entry.

agree with all the above. i've been scrolling my pictures trying to work out what fits well AND is a good looking picture.

the simplest real world image i can think of is a door, kinda obvious, and i don't think my best picture of a door is good enough to get my target score of at least one vote.

Thanks for posting a pic! I'm going to look through my photos I took for this and post a submission even though I suspect I will replace it.

Here is my entry for now:

zZ09UHj.jpg

It's my girlfriend in an enchanted fairy forest. It's on a section of a trail we call the Japanese Garden. It's a very fantastical looking and beautiful place with rhododendron groves and a number of places that look like fairy homes. I might go back and take some photos of the fairy homes. But hoping for something better for inspiration. I might try to find something to photograph with my new macro lens that looks abstract super close up but is something ordinary. Which illustrates the fantastical worlds that exist all around us that we don't normally see at our scale.

Last edited:
This is exactly how my transistor radio looked when I took it apart. I've taken a few pics of various electronics but not this one. I always wonder if they designed it this way on purpose. Enjoy!!! - Mister Privacy

Last edited by a moderator:
went on a walk yesterday, it was drizzly all the way... i think the landscape fading away in the mist has quite a dreamlike quality.

its also cheshire side of the peak district which inspired popular UK childrens fantasy author Alan Garner.

i might enter this if i don't find anything better.

It's my girlfriend in an enchanted fairy forest. It's on a section of a trail we call the Japanese Garden. It's a very fantastical looking and beautiful place with rhododendron groves and a number of places that look like fairy homes. I might go back and take some photos of the fairy homes. But hoping for something better for inspiration. I might try to find something to photograph with my new macro lens that looks abstract super close up but is something ordinary. Which illustrates the fantastical worlds that exist all around us that we don't normally see at our scale.

So just because the trees looks like noodles, you think this is theme related? The winner will be something that isn't related, it's the yin yang at the middle.