• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 9-methyl-β-carboline + others

Working_Class

Bluelighter
So this report is on some largely under reported nootropics of interest. I've done quite a bit of research on them, most of the information I can find on 9-methyl-β-carboline, is on longcity, and there isn't a lot. The posts ran from 2014 to 2019, and can be summed up in the length of about 6 Pages or so of anecdotal reports. There is quite a bit of information online about beta carbolines, such as the ones in harmaline seeds, which are used in Ayahuasca preparations, being neurotoxic(?), and then there is the particular variety that is purported to have dopaminergic regenerative properties in the hypothalamus of rats.

There is quite a bit confounding information on beta carbolines in general, versus, in particular, 9-methyl-β-carboline. One of the things I found the most interesting is that while most of them are found to be neurotoxins, and found in small amounts in certain foods, harmaline seeds are used for their beta carboline content as an MAO inhibitor in Ayahuasca Brews.

Nonetheless, my Intrigue has been sparked and my boundless curiosity has gotten the better of me. I believe today was day 9 of supplementation with about 15 mg of this particular compound, alongside a slew of other things. Here is the list;

Semax @ 1000 mcg / day IV (yes IV)

9-methyl-β-carboline @ 15 - 20 mg / day

Facoracetam @ 20 - 25 mg / day

Bromantane @ 50 mg / day

Semax I chose IV route for reduction of breakdown of the peptide en route to various target organs, being mostly the brain and lymphatic system. All others are oral admin.

Stopped phenylpiracetam because 9-methyl-β-carboline is a MAOI inhibitor. Not safe to mix. (But really, is it safe with all the other shit I've been taking... who knows haha)

But the cumulative effects have been pretty pronounced.

Day one I didn't really notice much of anything, there was some sort of expectation, but I didn't really anticipate any sort of immediate effect as the effects are supposed to be cumulative over time, as the gene transcription of certain proteins in the brain are changed. Some neurons are upregulated from this region and type (purportedly) and some from that region and type (again... purportedly).

It's quite a bit too much to just write down, if you do have an interest in the particulars of any of the given compounds just highlight them one by one and Google them and research them for yourself. It's taken me weeks to compile all of the knowledge that I have accumulated on these compounds, and I'm just here to write my report on this particular mix, and throw my own anecdotal report, up on the internet for others to see.

As I said, day one was pretty unremarkable, but as days three four and five came around, the effects have become quite apparent. I've been a hardcore junkie in the past, and I know what dopamine feels like. It feels good, I also know what norepinephrine feels like, it feels... sypathomimetic ((of a drug) producing physiological effects characteristic of the sympathetic nervous system by promoting the stimulation of sympathetic nerves)

I used to be prescribed all kinds of different ADHD medications, but the thing I noticed the most about this particular mix, is that it seems like a dopamine high that comes from within, and lasts, and lasts, and lasts. The effects have kind of made me a little bit manic at times. Let's even say most of the time, and I find that when I finally do crash after a long 12 hour session of studying, or a 12-hour day at work, which I engage in as regularly as possible, the crash seems as if it is more physical than mental. After I have exerted my attention for a long period of time, I get this inability to focus or rather take in any more information, and I need time to consolidate memories. In other words, I need sleep.

It's also interesting to note that while my focus is seems to be enhanced, distractions seem to be enhanced at the same time. If there is other noises around me I can't focus on what I'm trying to focus on. It's like my brain is trying to pick up on everything that's happening around me all at once, my mind still wanders, but if I really pull back on the wandering thoughts, reading becomes faster, connecting of concepts is enhanced, and everything seems to just happen quicker.

Another thing to note is that typically I'm chatty, like very chatty when I'm in a good mood. But whilest on this soup of chemicals, I get even more chatty. If a topic that happens to be one of my passions cropps up, I am hard to shut up, and currently the biggest topic is what I'm studying, Physiology and Anatomy. Or drugs and pharmacology, which I study regularly as a passtime and a passion. When you wanna keep enjoying the novelties of xenobiotic augmentation of your mind and body, AND age well, you had better know your shit. But I digress...

So with all of these interesting effects occurring simultaneously, I know it's pretty ridiculous that I decided to just throw them all down at once, but the whole point of that was to enhance my ability to take in information. And I think they have done that somewhat effectively. However while it seems like they have accomplished this end, I feel like it has made me a little bit squirrelly. Maybe more squirrelly than normal. Which is ok, this is day 9 of a 10 to 14 day experiment.

So for the tail end of this experiment, I will list the effects of cessation of this stack, and pay attention to what changes I have seen that might be lasting. also I will include a little bit more anecdotal effects, which would be the enhancement of physical training, I've hit some pretty good numbers lately. And well I can attribute it largely to good diet and proper training, I have to say a portion of it could be attributed to the increase in neurological chemistry and or structures as a whole, possibly being receptors and or neurotransmitters.

The best numbers in the last 8 days were a deadlift session @405 3 x 3 that seemed around an RPE of 8. My previous best after cessation of a decade of steroids and testosterone, and some disc injuries was 429 x 5 for a single set, at an RPE of 9 a few weeks (maybe 8?) Ago. (RPE stands for rate of percieved exertion, it's a good scale to follow for experienced lifters and variable levels of physical preparedness)

And I suppose 2 days prior to the experiment, I had tried a true front rack position on the front squat with both hands out wide, bar across the clavicle or more chest area. Up around that shelf anyway, and squatting way below parallel, (ass to grass as they say) as per the help I've gotten from my osteopath on form and technique, and several other modalities of physical therapy. The top set was 225 x 3 without trouble or knee pain, while the contrasting weeks prior consistently frustrated me with knee pain and swelling, squatting 185 to a 16 inch box on the back squat with the chief complaint being knee pain producing significant difficulty with the movement.

So the improvements have definitely been multifactorial, I've been going through physical therapy to help correct movement problems and and inhibitions down the chain, which have been completely just shutting down certain parts of me which have been fucking my movement patterns and causing great pain and lots of trouble with certain lifts.

Today is overhead press day, and I've been working on push press and standing strict behind the neck press. But I can say all in all, my training has been going pretty well, I still think the drugs have been making it FEEL a lot easier, but then again so has the physical therapy and consistency in diet. It's really hard to get strong again after coming off of a decade of steroids, testosterone is just so low, and motivation is so hard to muster, but I have to fucking do it somehow, someway.

I got a couple personal records in static core stability exercise has recently, which have also attributed to a better deadlift and a better squat. But the progress is slow and steady. The interesting part will be to see how my training is affected upon cessation of the "slew" as it were.

And I can end my notes on day 9, with the other drug interactions or lack thereof that I've experienced with a few things.

I've taken up to 1.5 mg etizolam. Did not die. Win

Up to 17 mg zopliclone, also still breathing. Win

Up to 150 mg pregabalin. Again, still alive. Win.

All of these mentioned gabaergic substances I have taken to help with sleep due to overstimulation, or just because I enjoy sedation as much as I enjoy stimulation. Nonetheless, I've taken all of these above-mentioned gabaergics while under the influence of the slew of other compounds that I am taking, with no adverse reactions. So take it for what it's worth, it is day 9 (Nov 23 2019). I'll update this thread as I go, and if I do decide to discontinue all or most of these, I will continue updating with the subjective effects of isolated compounds as my experimentation progresses.

Also it is worth noting that I got 93% on my most recent midterm, which was on chapters 1 through 4 of physiology and Anatomy 1. It is the University level course but it is just the entry-level and the only the first midterm so I wouldn't get too excited about those results just yet, the course isn't super difficult. It's not like I'm a fucking Super Genius or anything it's just that I did my homework and I did an extensive review of about 36 hours of reading before the one hour exam. And the review took me about three days, I'm sure anybody would have been able to achieve that with or without drugs. I'll say this though, it felt a lot more fun and interesting on the drugs.

And I suppose that wasn't the last thing, I have been keeping a close eye on my blood pressure and it seems as if my early morning blood pressure and heart rate has been improving if not remaining the same. My diastolic has come into the 70s from the 60s (which is good, diastole is when your coranary arteries get their oxygen and a more narrow pulse pressure is indicative of better overall heart health) and my systolic is in the low 120s regularly. The highest resting heart rate I've seen in the morning on myself is 59 beats per minute, and this morning's reading was 122 over 74 with a resting heart rate of 46 after a good 9 hour sleep, reading taken at 9:30 am (the morning after pregabalin @ 150 mg at 3 pm, with the aforementioned slew of nootropics taken at 4:20 am the same day)

I'll try to keep things a little bit more square and coherent from here in. I just had a lot to report I suppose. As you can see than Mania Is For Real. But I'm having fun. Hey, at least it's not meth!

Stay safe and have fun yall!

Last edited:
I can attest Bromantane alone can do significant changes to your mood and focus.
Taken alone, no side effects from it IME.
No problems with discontinuation.
Thanks for sharing.

So it's day 9 after the experiment.

One thing I can say for sure is that dreams were absolutely potentiated during, and for a few days afterwards, but they seem to have settled down quite a bit. I had a really hard time getting to sleep at the end of the experiment, even upon the first few days of discontinuation I was having a little bit of trouble getting to sleep, but still having the most fucked up dreams, which was awesome.

For about 3 days after discontinuation, I was waking up completely buzzing with energy without having taken anything. By day 9 (Dec 3rd 2019) I feel pretty back to baseline, but baseline doesn't feel the same... if that makes any sense?

Also something to note, is that I had a distinct, falrly prevalent "buzzing" sound, inside my head that is very similar to after heavy use of Base tryptamines via inhalation out of an oil burner pipe. The only other time I've ever experienced this, is when I was Into DPT kinda hard ish for a little while and I was smoking it maybe everyday with a Methylallyltryptamine day thrown in there for fun, for probably 5 sessions over the course of about 5 or 6 days, at around 20 to 40 milligrams freebased in baking soda ( The DPT was HCL salt, so just did it up crack style, right in the oil burner pipe. About 2 parts DPT to 1 part soda, few drops of water, little stir, little heat and just giver' when she's dry enough to haul) MALT came pre freebased so that was sweet.

ANYWAY... the buzzing was loud and prevalent when no other stimulus is present. So it was pretty hard to zen out and catch some ZZZzz's. But it was doable without sleeping drugs (although I did do the chem assisted sleep a few times)

And to be totally honest, the buzzing is still there on day 9. But it's calmed down quite a bit, or I've gotten used to it. One or another.

So that's that bit. Now as far as changing the amount of information I can take in in a day, I just finished the integumentary system in about half the time it usually would have taken me prior to the experiment... I think. And I finished the practice exam with nearly perfect results. If I have to mark myself really rough, I would have gotten a 97. And this is without referring to my text, and although I've been really practicing trying to take in more information, be less distracted, and just generally get down to business in a more structured way, which I suppose you could call "self discipline", I do feel like the drugs helped a little bit. Also, it may be noteworthy that I dropped 30 mcg 1P-LSD on that practice exam day. Words flew out of my fingers, I didn't really have to think too hard or long about anything, it was concise and detailed, while the whole time while I was studying that particular chapter, I was having a really hard time recalling information at particular times (possible end of day burnout, needed sleep and memory consolidation) but on the day of the practice exam, it came very fluidly. Easier than usual. Could have been the acid. Anyway, now onto the skeletal system, which is 66% more page heavy (Intigumentary system was short ish).

I'll be repeating the experiment for another 10 days during my preparation for my 2nd mid term in a few weeks. Probz throw all the results up on here to keep it consolidated.

So far, positive experience.

Last edited:
Please dont kill yourself by accident. Do you always write novels for every post? Im just worried that could be a sign your entering closer and closer to something similar to a stimulant psychosis.

Maois Are dangerous are you checking your blood pressure?

Constantly. I check it 8x a day (2x left 2x right AM, 2x left 2x right pm)

Typically hovers around 125 over 70. Resting HR of between 50 to 65

And yes. I'm a part time psychonaut, part time novelist, full time student. And have always been wired for the lengthy descriptive analyses.

I also have an echocardiogram scheduled for some time in the near future, so a clear picture of my cardiac health should emerge quite soon. So stay posted for all the fun stuff!

I'm a mad scientist. Would you expect anything less?

Please dont kill yourself by accident. Do you always write novels for every post? Im just worried that could be a sign your entering closer and closer to something similar to a stimulant psychosis.

Believe it or not, at one point people used to write more than a few sentence per post... Don’t let Reddit era idiocy be mistaken as “stimulant psychosis..” simply because someone is intelligent enough to write properly on a forum.

-GC

All that and you get a 93% in A&P 1? Extensive review and 12 hour study periods for that? Other classes? Seems excessive or inefficient for early classes. Could try Anki or other memory things. Everyone is different of course, so I apologize for my tone. Mania isn't something to mess around with, especially if it starts tricking you into thinking you are doing things better than you actually are or would.

Maybe the GABAergics are affecting your memory some. Try any cholinergics? I recognize the racetam.

However, thank you for posting your experience and keeping watch on your blood pressure/ the like. Are you taking magnesium or anything else as minor supplements?

Yes, I suppose it would be worth it to mention that I'm a former contractor/ high school drop out, and used to be a pretty hardcore junkie. So, my level of functioning is pretty above average for what has been normal for me in the past. The course is university level, but I do realize everyone is at wherever they're at academically. I'm working 2 other jobs at the same time so I cram as much in whenever I can, but I am just in the midst of refining my process, which is continually developing. But, as I stand, and considering where I have been, my last few high school courses that I've upgraded have been some of the best performances of my life, and this is my first self paced course at university level. So I'm fairly pleased with myself all things considered.

I doubt the minor dose GABAergic compounds have had much effect on my memory as a whole. I'm not a robot, so I do expect to make some errors. Just, much less than would be "normal" (for me). I am very much enjoying the course as well, science gives me a gigantic nerd boner, so it's all positive in this light. This isn't the end of my academic career, rather it is just the beginning. But, I'm working on it, you're not wrong, there IS always room for refinement and I don't discredit your concern for my pursuit of excellence. Criticism is dually noted and welcome, so thank you for the suggestions, I will look into everything you've mentioned.

And as far as supplementation goes, I take magnesium glyconate @ about 1.5 - 2 grams / day, a multi, B complex, NAC @ 600 mg, fish oil @ 4.5 g, acetyl-l-carnitine at around 2 or 3 grams a day. And I eat well, and train about 5 days a week. I take breaks from all things that I periodically cycle in my regimen of psychotropic substance consumption. But I am due for a good 30 day washout of zero anything. That might make for a really fun project on Bluelight as well. But that'll be another time. "How long can you stay sober" Haha. It's been so long since I took a month off from EVERY and ALL substances its almost seems like a novelty in and of itself.

I have no worries about being deficient in anything. Once I'm finished the multivitamins I've been taking, I'm not sure I'll keep that in. I'll reassess when the time comes. As far as my expectations for the whole of the course, anything 90% or better would be right up with the best performances of my academic career. Hoping for more like a 95, but I suppose we'll see what happens.

Believe it or not, you skimmed right past the details of my blood pressure readings that were accurately accounted in my extremely detailed drug experience report. Also, thank you G_Chem.

This is just how I am, detailed, meticulous and very into using more eloquent and informative reports, to better convey the first hand experience that I have taken the time to share with yall' here on the interwebs.

I abhore reports of the reddit archetype where minimal detail is included, and it's typical type who don't put in the time to understand something before they ask , or god forbid do some research of their own on this vast tool we have called "search engines" with resources such as research gate or ncbi, or pubmed, or even wikipedia and psychonaut wiki. The learning tools online are seemingly endless, it's easy to get into a real loophole of needless learning. But so, so much fun.

I even watched my diet to make sure I didn't consume tyramine. However, I did knowingly ingest bromantane and fasoracetam and IV semax while keeping an eye on my BP, knowing it could get pretty fuckey. I know, seems a little crazy. But, again, I AM a mad scientist. My experimentation borders on masochistic. But, here the results are for all to see.

If I stop posting for a few months, you can make some presumptuous comments at that time, at my expense. I would encourage it. People come and go on these forums. I would like to think that i'll be around long enough to die from something slow and painful, like old age. But, only time will tell.

So glad to see this here. I'm prepping for a new order of peptides and on the fence as to whether to get 9-me-bc or not. Do you feel it helped at all with reversing any drug or otherwise unhealthy life habit induced motivational issues?

Have you noticed any photosensitizing effects? I wonder how relevant that is with 9-methyl-β-carboline, though could be person-dependent anyways.

Thanks for the context. That's great! Going back to school and working. Fantastic- keep it up with the growth mindset. I've been around too many robots.

Have you noticed any buzzing with other racetams, or is it more like a stimulant buzzing with the 9MBC? I never had much luck with racetams, likely due to my mood disorder. Faso may have triggered a few migraines, so I avoided it.

Quite a decent amount of ALCAR. It can contribute to insomnia, easily.

So glad to see this here. I'm prepping for a new order of peptides and on the fence as to whether to get 9-me-bc or not. Do you feel it helped at all with reversing any drug or otherwise unhealthy life habit induced motivational issues?

It was an interesting effect, while under the influence I have noticed that I've had less and less of a craving for Nicorette and marijuana, two things I commonly use. I sense, haven't smoked weed unless somebody else has brought it, and just offered a little bit for free, in a group session where we're sharing a joint. Also I crave alcohol less and less, but if I seem to find myself in a social situation where other people are drinking just like the marijuana situation, I would commonly oblige, but much less than usual.

Also I'm finding that my Tendencies towards hallucinogens have kind of calmed down a little bit. Since the 9-methyl-β-carboline, I do seem to just crave the experience less. Although I have partaken in 2 microdoses since then, with one good outcome, and what I would call one not so favorable outcome (microdoses can be hit and miss for me in terms of intended effect). I do not think I will be partaking in any macro or micro dosing of hallucinogens for the next foreseeable future. I've done a little bit of dexedrine for studying at the 5 to 10 mg range, and it seems to produce some effects that I would rather not repeat, even if it is for the main purpose of motivation and energy while studying.

So I suppose, although I hadn't thought about it until now, yes, my tendency towards all situations which would provide a reward experience, has been turned down on the scale of things that I enjoy. Which I see is a rather positive thing, seeing as that used to be constant rotating of all these things through my schedule on what would be a basic daily basis.

Being something like

-Kratom @ 2.5 g + coffee one day
-Microdose of some type of LSD @ 25 mcg + coffee on another day
-Phenylpiracetam @ 120 mg with coffee another day

One day off ish
Repeat.

Now it seems to be more just coffee days, I have taken dexadrine @ 10 mg twice and for what it wss taken for, it did its job but I always find the raise in heart rate and BP to be uncomfortable, and the last microdose produced an uncomfortable rise in BP and heart rate (this is not usually the case for me as I typically train on a microdise and sauna after) this time in question I trained hurriedly and went straight to work after, which is a place of stress for me even ghough the atmosphere is pretty chill. Front desk is a hectic.

So, I suppose to sum up my response here, it could definitely be used in conjunction with an intention towards the shift in lifestyle and habitual regimen. It's one of the purported effects that I was very interested in going into the experience. On my next round I'll definitely be paying attention to all of these things at the same time. While being on the stack in general, really produced a pretty strong dopamine release, and in turn, a lessening of the desire for reward seeking behavior. Coming off (cessation of, if so you do decide to injest this research chem) is where you may want to be very cognizant of your intent for the changes in desire to stay with you. If that makes any sense.

The drug won't do everything on its own, you have to throw some intent in there with it, however, I'm pretty sure it can be a good recipe for habit reduction or possibly even cessation. I did quit chewing Nicorette, and that was my last step to quitting vaping. That was a pretty big milestone for me and I haven't touched any of those things since.

Last edited:
Have you noticed any photosensitizing effects? I wonder how relevant that is with 9-methyl-β-carboline, though could be person-dependent anyways.

Thanks for the context. That's great! Going back to school and working. Fantastic- keep it up with the growth mindset. I've been around too many robots.

Have you noticed any buzzing with other racetams, or is it more like a stimulant buzzing with the 9MBC? I never had much luck with racetams, likely due to my mood disorder. Faso may have triggered a few migraines, so I avoided it.

Quite a decent amount of ALCAR. It can contribute to insomnia, easily.

I live in Vancouver and it is winter time currently, so I used this as a really good way to try and circumvent the whole purported photosensitizing issue. It's always dark here in the winter time, so I haven't really noticed anything in regards to photosensitizing, but I had noticed a little bit more skin sensitivity. For example; During the experiment, I was laying on the couch watching Jepardy with my girlfriend for, I don't know, maybe an hour and a half. When I got uupand went to take a shower before bed, all the little lines and marks from the creases of the covers and everything were pretty prominently visible on my skin which produced a little bit of a heightened awareness of how my skin was reacting to things there after. Another example of something that I did notice was after a session at a sauna, my skin was a little bit more red and sensitive than usual. But it's always pretty red after a sauna session. So take those two examples with a grain of salt, I also did avoid direct contact with the Sun as much as possible just in case to avoid any marked negative effects as a cautionary measure.

And the buzzing is literally a sound inside my head, like a ringing frequency that is just on all the time. I can hear it, but it doesn't come from my ears, it feels like its coming from the temporal area inside my head, and it was getting pretty loud as the experiment went on. I think today is day 11 after cessation, and it's still subsiding. Aside from that particular buzz, the energetic buzz faded more quickly between days 1 and 5 of the inital washout. But I am still finding it easier to get up and get going with mental tasks, and switching tasks from reading, to going into long answer mode and writing lengthy descriptive answers. The only other "buzz" I get from any of the racetams that I've tried is a stim buzz from phenylpiracetam, no weird audible buzzing inside the head. And oxiracetam at 1200 mg was an interesting and euphoric experience as well, although i only had 5 grams to try, for the price and potency, I'd stick with phenylpiracetam, but that's just out of concern for my renal system and my wallet (oxyracetam seems to be excreted largely unchanged bia renal system if I'm remembering the particulars of the elimination of that compound) and doses of 1g plus seem like it would be adding lots of work for the systems which deal with excretion in the body. Although it's been widely reported that no ill effects have been observed in the long run.

I am pretty interested in doing another course of IV semax soon. It would be interesting to see what it's like solo. Its just a lot of shooting up if I decide to hit a vein every morning is all. I should find a few good ones in my legs so I don't have to constantly switch between right and left arm. I could always do Subq, but I always fear the denaturing of peptides en route to target organs is a factor that affects potency of action. Shit is 1$ / mg plus sterilization and needles. So call it $1.40 a shot. I'm a cheap fuck, I want it to go right to where it needs to go and do its job, no fuckin around.

Last edited:
Thank you for the massive amount of information. Can you share more about the d-amp during and after dihexa supplementation?

I also have d-amp prescribed for ADD, felt like it was really weird taking it with Adamax, and am curious about the interaction with Dihexa.

Yeah, not having major sun does work for that. Different from tinnitus? I had a weird ringing on unifiram or sunifiram, so I'm always curious to hear about different compounds. I also have tinnitus (R>L) but it doesn't bug me. Memantine improved it (NMDA antagonism etc...) but it didn't bother me.

Interesting with the nicotine and possible MAO inhibition with 9MBC. Selegiline had some trials for smoking cessation but wasn't too remarkable (nothing really is for smoking). Tranylcypromine I know Increased nicotine effects, and was a positive comparator to MAO-I components of cigarettes. Seems to be an interesting business, though TCP has a lot of potential other effects and enzyme inhibition. Equally, 9MBC could as well.

I never did supplement with Dihexa, but there is lots more experimentation planned for the future.

However, I can relate to my dexadrine experience about 6 months ago, just at the start of my nootropics intro (phenylpiracetam and honokiol), and say about 3 weeks into discovering substituted triptamines. 10 mg of D-amph in isolation (no other drugs in the system) was absolutely uncomfortable. I dont know if it was because my blood pressure wasn't down to the reasonable level that it is nowadays (I was 4 months clean off a decade of steroids, BP was a huge issue for me most of the time). Stimulus seemed more heightened, and it was so much so, I got rid of 4 more 10 mg pills I had bought (thats how "off putting" it was)

Forward fast to post 10 day nootropic "slew", (more towards end of November 2019) I experimented with the nootropic stack and stopped using Kratom (or rather used up the rest of my stash, and didn't re-up). Came into 10 more 10 mg D-amph capsules. Now (also in isolation as in no other drugs present in the system) they feel much less harsh in terms of vasoconstriction, and negative side effects as a whole. I still have a hard time doing cardio based training on the same day as I use D-amph, (never above 10 mg nowadays, it's for school not kicks) cardiac stress seems amplified unless a long 30 min warmup is implemented to get blood vessels dialated and ready for work. But studying feels fine on it, the uncomfortable level of stimulation that I used to experience at 10 mg is largely gone. But I do notice that my blood pressure is affected into the following morning, by about 7 mm Hg up on systole and maybe 5 mm Hg down on disatole. I've been monitoring pretty closely and this is the data I've collected in terms of average numbers of BP change. (Always gets affected by amphetamines, this is normal and to be expected). Also, I've never used D-amph with any other nootropics, so I cant speak for any interactions at this point.

Anyways, when I do use them, focus is heightened, but again with any stim, disruptions are hilighted by this heightened attention also, so being in isolation or in an antisocial situation such as library with headphones is a winning situation. Nobody is there to talk and it feels uncooth to be playing around on my phone. So in atmospheres that encourage certain activities, said activities become a very fluid and easy task. This would include being suited up to do demolition / construction, being at the gym with a goal, or being isolated with books out in front, binder, pen and fresh paper at the ready.

Still, I quite prefer Phenylpiracetam these days to D-amph, but it comes in handy when a "pushier" stimulant action could come in handy. Like after insufficient sleep, need for extra motivation for cognition, or extended periods of physical exertion. But I do find stress response much harder to mitigate on D-amph. Sypathomimetic effects are heightened In situations that are inherently stressful, causing rise in BP and heart rate (obviously, norepinephrine is already elevated and stress is induced, so the cascade of negatives occurs more readily)

On the other hand, It is good practice to take days off from everything. Some things work better grouped in runs of 10 to 14 days, and some work better when used individually far removed from other molecules. Like Bromantane and fasoracetam, both seem to work better when taken for several days consecutively, the effects slowly cumulate.

While D-amph and Phenylpricetam are occasional tools in the tool kit

And upon my 2nd round with semax and 9-methyl-β-carboline, I am suspecting they will be better upon concurrent days of administration, producing no significant noticeable subjective effects immediately, but starting to shine by day 5 or so again.

And yes different from tinnitus in that the sound is distinctly coming from... not the ears. More the temporal and frontal area inside my brain as it would seem. I've also read a lot of anecdotes that 9-methyl-β-carboline helps people get a hold of their impulsive, and addictive behaviours, and break these patterns. It has caused me to engage in more introspective analyses. Questioning why I engage in some of the daily habbits that I have been for years, and thinking about whether or not they serve me any more. This all comes with the fact that I seem to be becoming more and more tuned in to how my body is feeling, and how my actions determine my level of ability to deal with stressors positive and negative, physical, emotional, and psychological. And these things seemingly interacting to form an awareness of another component of personal sensations that I would relate to spiritual health, as none of the parts of the whole can be isolated from a living cognitive being. I am in no way religious, but I do believe that awareness of the complexity of life can tune us into other things that may help us on our journey. Such as the rumination on negative habits and the possibility of finally coming to terms with termination of our relationship with them, so we can grow and move on.

But that got really "hippie dippie" towards the end. Be that as it may, this is my perspective on some of the thoughts presented to me by yall. Good points, question and considerations all round.

Last edited:
Fantastic post, thank you.

Considering you use phenylpiracetam in lieu of d-amp at times, I may have to grab some. I'm not really a fan of amphetamines in general, the reduction of stress response mitigation - as you so aptly described it - is difficult for me. D-amp is much better than adderall, and still.

I don't have much more to add right now except that I'm excited to try 9-me-bc, bromantane, and phenylpiracetam.

I'm excited to hear your report! Details (9-methyl-β-carboline) are few and far between.

One thing thinking back now though, is that 9-methyl-β-carboline, being a MAOI (of what potency I am unsure, 15 mg a day was my dose with no outrageous side effects) synergizes with any drug that would cause downstream release of amines in the body.

So, just moniter your vitals (BP and heart rate) while mixing bromantane with 9-methyl-β-carboline, and definitely be cautious with 9-methyl-β-carboline and any stims like Phenylpiracetam or amphetamine.

If there was danger in that mix, that's where I would imagine you may find it. Otherwise, I'd say you're probably well equipped to handle the risks with some good background info.

And upon further exploration of Bromantane, I can see that it is definitely potentiated by 9-methyl-β-carboline. On its own, it is quite a nice mild stim.

Monoamine oxidase inhibitors just amp every downstream release of amines up by... well, inhibiting their oxidation at the axon terminal, and possibly by similar MAOI activity the gut, there by potentating any drug which causes a downstream release of any endogenous amine.

So just be careful about consumption of Tyramine in the diet while using 9-methyl-β-carboline and be aware that any stims or drugs that cause downstream monoamine release, may be potentiated many times it's typical strength. This includes psychedelics and "natural" things like Kratom.

And as a final caution, IF some brave psychonaut is crazy enough to put their neurochemical balls on the chopping block and try something from the 2Cx family while taking an MAOI, god speed, dose low, and have all the precautions in place (Injectable Gabaergic tranquilizer, and a good tripsitter who could potentially explain the pharmacological goings on to EMS)

Also, it wouldn't hurt to have some Etizolam on hand in case things get a little out of comfortable range. Administration of about 1.5 to 2 mg will effectively bring down any out of control sypathomimetic effects of excessive norepinephrine.

I'm interested to hear what sort of progress on personal endeavors you may achieve while on this journey. Keep us posted!

Last edited:
Thanks for this excellent and very informative post/thread. :) You rarely see in-depth reports of nootropic-style drugs. Also, for the record, I always appreciate a novel of a post, having written a great many of them myself. :)