• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 406: Isolation

Please review the submissions on the first page and choose your favorite!

• 1. PtahTek

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 2. SnafuInTheVoid

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 3. dreamflyer

• 4. DeadManWalkin'

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 5. madness00

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 6. PrincessDiz

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 7. mal3volent

• 8. F.U.B.A.R.

• 9. bongdong

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • 10. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 11. Celestial_Robot_Cat

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 12. chinup

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 13. Xorkoth

• 14. Captain.Heroin

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 15. Mysterier

• 16. sdxyln

• 17. thegreenhand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
WELCOME TO PHOTO CONTEST #406!

This round's theme is ISOLATION as selected by your reigning champion: @Xorkoth! (thanks to @dreamflyer for the idea)

It's a very relevant topic of the times, as we grapple with COVID lockdowns and social distancing. However your submissions don't have to have anything to do with that. They should evoke a sense of isolation, loneliness, or otherwise express what that word means to you.

Submissions must be original photographs, with or without pre or post editing.

Submissions are now CLOSED, and voting is OPEN! Voting will remain open for about 2 weeks. Below are the submissions. Please review them all, and vote for your favorite!

========================================================================================

1. PtahTek

ibEprGp.jpg

2. SnafuInTheVoid
f1uqkQe.jpg

3. dreamflyer
5KUGTN5.jpg

4. DeadManWalkin'

5. madness00
20200821-161530.jpg

6. PrincessDiz
qd5WeKj.jpg

7. mal3volent
PmX6SRZ.jpg

8. F.U.B.A.R.
20200901-100600.jpg

9. bongdong
bl-med-solitude-candidate.jpg

10. hydroazuanacaine
isolation%2B2%2Bbluelight.jpg

11. Celestial_Robot_Cat
PTRe5rg.jpg

12. chinup
IMG-20190224-125031.jpg

13. Xorkoth
pyRmrkuh.jpg

14. Captain.Heroin
T5Fg76C.jpg

15. Mysterier
YiYdtUh.jpg

16. sdxyln
bl1.jpg

17. thegreenhand

========================================================================================

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until September 1st (subject to change depending on participation level).
  3. Voting will open from September 1st through September 15th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or...
      • Updated: Images can now be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want. We like Xenforo. %)
  7. The winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as a custom title of your choosing related to the topic (or allow us to come up with one for you)
  8. Don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time for, hopefully, an end to the very thing that inspired your entry. The title also comes with a special COVID-19 vaccine that will also protect you from COVID-20, and SUPER-AIDS.

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting. Please be aware of when the contest will close, it will be announced ahead of time. Once the final entries are put into the first post and voting is opened, we cannot change your entry.

Last edited:
@Xorkoth OMG, I am so flattered that you used my suggestion! :D I hope that everyone likes it. (Now I'll have to come up with something worthy of it because I haven't actually thought of anything yet, LOL.)

Sincerely,
Dreamflyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get some submissions! I am on the lookout for a photo, I'll submit one soon. I'll probably wait until I'm isolated in the cabin with my friend and we're withdrawing.

You should be able to go to the images link from the upper-right corner drop-down from your account name. From there it shows all the images you've uploaded and you can copy the BB code or the raw image URL and post that way. Looks like you just posted the imgur post link, the link to the actual post (vs the raw image). It's definitely preferrable to do the raw image as it comes at full size, and can be resized (I resize them all to be of comparable size when voting opens).

I’ll post a few pics of my idea of isolation.

This is in a part of Ireland that it takes ages to get to.

Hey Princess, are you able to do what I suggested to dreamflyer and go to the images page of imgur, and paste in the raw image, so it doesn't have the imgur post frame around it? If not it's cool, but the frame detracts from the picture plus that way it can be resized. No worries, just saying it would be ideal. :)

I'm so sorry but I'm at a complete loss here. I copied the Image Link to make it come out the way it did. When I try any other format it says, "Enter an URL" when I try to post it.

If it has the [IMG ] tags tags around around it, you just paste that in directly into the post, rather than with the image button.

Yes it works for the contest, it's no big deal.

If you have the URL of the imgur post itself, then the media button is necessary, but if you get the raw image link, the image button works. Ie, if it ends in .png, .jpg, or .gif, then you use the image button. You can obtain those for all of the images you post at imgur. You click this:

gSMwRJR.png

And then click the image you want to post, and either click the "copy" button next to the "direct link", which gives you the direct URL which you can post with the image button, or click the copy button for the BBCode and just paste that directly into the post editor, and you'll get your image without the imgur post frame:

XmWwIb3.png

If you're using a phone, then I have no idea, I never post on BL with my phone, I hate using phones for Internet if I can help it. Typing on phones sucks ass.

You can also drag images from your computer into imgur without making postsl, by just dragging and dropping them on the screen that shows all your images that you get to after the first step I posted. :) That's how I just posted these images, I took screen clips of my screen and dragged and dropped them into imgur.

I wanted to tell the story behind my entry because it's pretty cool. I got the "empty baseball field" idea around 3am the night before (when I do my best thinking), then spent almost 2 hours the following day walking around local ballfields. They were all fenced in and I was just about to give up because I couldn't find a good shot.

I found the ball under the bleachers at the far end of one of the ballfields, so I carried it around with me just for the heck of it. When I got to the field on the other side, I saw the Yankees cap tucked into the fence behind home plate. I got the idea to wedge the ball in next to the hat and realized that I had my photo.

I definitely felt as though the universe was looking out for me on this one, because it couldn't have been more perfect. I didn't mean for it to be staged like that; it just ended up coming out that way.

Hope you enjoy it!!!
Dreamflyer
⚾