• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 403: Weather

Please select your favorite photo submission (shown below in the first post)

• 1. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 2. madness00

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 3. DopeM

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 4. S.J.B.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Xorkoth

• 6. F.U.B.A.R.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 7. mal3volent

• 8. nuttynutskin

• 9. negrogesic

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 10. Quickfixgrrl

• 11. chinup

• 12. Tubbs

• 13. Captain.Heroin

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 14. w01fg4ng

• 15. CFC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
WELCOME TO PHOTO CONTEST #403!

This round's theme is WEATHER as selected by your reigning champion: DopeM

Submissions are closed and voting is open! Here are the contestants:

1. hydroazuanacaine

madibowl%2Bfinal%2B1280.jpg

2. madness00

img_20200122_171615-jpg.21422

3. DopeM

IMG_20171110_132638.jpg

4. S.J.B.

weather_photo.jpg

5. Xorkoth

rgg8YzO.jpg

6. F.U.B.A.R.

20191229-163942.jpg

7. mal3volent

YALUSnC.jpg

8. nuttynutskin

84052551_10222325710077135_3415085160276688896_o.jpg

9. negrogesic

20200211_205854-jpg.21536

10. Quickfixgrrl

OSx5vtK.jpg

11. chinup

namib_sunrise-jpg.21685

12. Tubbs

20190630-143639.jpg

13. Captain.Heroin

AGgUK7J.jpg

14. w01fgang

AcwovOK.jpg

15. CFC

rMjwsvO.jpg

=====================================================================================​

Submissions must be original photographs, with or without pre or post editing.

Your submissions can be of any sort of weather phenomenon.

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until February 20th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  3. Voting will open from December 21st through March 10th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or...
      • Updated: Images can now be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want. We like Xenforo. %)
  7. The winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Skywatcher (or something else related to the topic should you feel strongly about it)
  8. Don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time for the dead of winter. It also comes with a comforter made of mega-down from the fleece of ultra-sheep, to make sure you keep warm.

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting. Please be aware of when the contest will close, it will be announced ahead of time. Once the final entries are put into the first post and voting is opened, we cannot change your entry.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
Here we go, it's the new round. I expanded the suggestion of "clouds" to include any weather-related photographs.

great topic. i'll get things started. will even focus on clouds ...

madibowl%2Bfinal%2B1280.jpg

"madibowl" shot on (the now defunct) rollei chrome cr200 slide film through an olympus xa. pretty sure it was scanned using a fujifilm sp 3000.

Last edited:
Nice! I'm gonna look through my pics... I don't even know where they all are atm.

Reactions: CFC
I wish this was my photo, it obviously isn't, but maybe it'll spur some entries?

2hGGkvL.jpg

So can we get some clarification on our parameters? Is it specifically photos of weather events or could it be a photo of something emblematic of certain weather conditions?

Just follow your heart, my dude. I like to leave thngs as open to interpretation as possible. For instance when I see madness cat (again) I picture a man inside with his trusty confidante in a lazy, rainy, soring, day. So that there could be weather photo, being stuck inside on a shit day. I'm sure other may disagree but I think it could be as unclear as that of as clear as hopeys stolen tornado clouds

IMG_20190628_050230.jpg

A favorite from the morning of my wedding

00011IMG_00011_BURST20180621210901_COVER.jpg

Just a neat one from a walk by the water.

Now that it's weather I feel like I should get something more wintry.

Last edited:
^ oh damn, some very nice pics indeed - love the first one.

Yeaaa it hits me right in the feels. I rly enjoy this contest bc it forces me to go through all of the half assed photos I've taken over the years and remember. Man, I'm so glad they're great memories, and even the bad ones have got me here so they're great too. You're all great! Thanks for letting me share

It looks like this outside today (although this photo is from a couple years ago):

weather_photo.jpg

Earlier that same day, it was a completely clear blue sky, and it started raining, a light sprinkle, but it rained for like 15 minutes, long enough to completely soak everyone and everything... no cloud anywhere in sight, and we had full view in all directions. It was really strange, everyone was looking up and talking about it. It was also very welcome because it was like 95 degrees for days on end and pretty brutal.

IMG-20200209-013855.jpg

Not a contest entry - just saw the theme for this month and thought this might be a relevant addition.

This was taken in November. I believe tonight is the first time I've looked at these photos since then.

It was an eerie, gloomy, frightening, fuck of a day.

I might as well go for the one I didn't submit in the last round, unless I can find anything better.

HELLFIRE...

Last edited:
Yep that one is gorgeous.

I used to have two really awesome weather pictures. One was a sunset in Illinois captured at the precise right moment where it was just on fire, and the patterning in the clouds is beautiful. Another is a photo of mammary clouds from post-tornado clouds. I have no idea where they are, though. They were taken way pre-cloud, they're probably on my old computer that's busted.

I like yours too, Kaden. Do you just not want to enter? Because that one works.