• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 401: Home

Please select your favorite submission from among those listed in the first post.

• 1. chinup

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 2. Xorkoth

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • 3. madness00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • 5. KingOfWessex

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • 6. andyturbo

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 7. schizopath

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 8. Zopiclone bandit

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • 9. Snowy_Hell

• 10. mal3volent

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • 11. Sadie

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 12. nuttynutskin

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 13. thujone

• Total voters

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
WELCOME TO PHOTO CONTEST #401!

This round's theme is HOME (aka, cats) as selected by your reigning champion: Chinup

Congrats to the winner, hydroazuanacaine!

========================================================================================

VOTING OPEN! Here are your candidates:
1. chinup

2. Xorkoth

04b7s48.jpg

3. madness00

CNqI0SQ.jpg

4. hydroazuanacaine

sunset001%2Bfinal.jpg

5. KingOfWessex

6. andyturbo

20191002_104245.jpg

7. schizopath

IMG-20191002-WA0000 (3).jpeg

8. Zopiclone bandit

WIndow.jpg

9. Snowy_Hell

10. mal3volent

11. Sadie

DSC_0467.JPG

12. nuttynutskin

59876055_10219743224356606_4578765493535506432_o.jpg

13. thujone

ladybug.JPG

========================================================================================​

Submissions must be original photographs, with or without pre or post editing. In the context of this contest, "home" can mean anything that symbolizes home to you. It does not have to be of your actual home. Please post a brief (or detailed!) explanation of why your photo means "home" to you.

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until September 30th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  3. Voting will open from October 1st through October 15th (subject to change depending on participation level).
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or...
      • Updated: Images can now be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want. We like Xenforo. %)
  7. The winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Locality Lover
  8. Don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time for the height of Autumn. It also comes with a super warm and fancy virtual Bluelight jacket for the chillier nights ahead. The jacket also allows you to entirely escape LEO detection. it's called the Bluelight Jacket of Invisibility +1.

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting. Please be aware of when the contest will close, it will be announced ahead of time. Once the final entries are put into the first post and voting is opened, we cannot change your entry.

Last edited:
Here's the new photo contest, submit away! I slightly tweaked the wording on the rules so please note that, it will remain going forward. Basically, we do allow post processing explicitly now, and the last photo you submit will automatically be considered your submission once I create the poll, unless you explicitly state otherwise before the poll goes up.

Also, I had a hell of a time coming up with a good title for the winner so please feel free to suggest something better, I'm not sold on the one I came up with at all.

Participation has been up so I would like to try to stick with the timeframes for submissions and voting from now on, but at the same time, I will extend the deadlines if it will make for a better contest.

I gotta get working on a photo for this round, but too... much... shit to do. 8(

Haha, same pug from your photo that other round?

Your cat is beautiful chinup. :) I have 2 cats myself, they're 14 and 15, and I love them so much, they're my family. My boy (the one who's 14, he's the other one's son) is extremely bonded to me (and vice versa), I was there when he was born and he chose me. As soon as he could walk he walked all the way across the room, climbed my leg, sat on my chest and started nuzzling me. He's been like that ever since, all he wants is to lay on my chest and rest his cheek on my cheek. Fortunately he's really healthy. My girl cat had a cancerous mammary duct removed recently, spent an arm and a leg and now they recommend chemo. But she has recovered well. I can't imagine not having either of them with me.

Okay I want to find a better one but here is my current submission, my girl kitty.

04b7s48.jpg

yay! thanks! your cat is also beautiful. i really hope the girl cat pulls through. i'm a bit worried cos my cat has got a red spot in her eye, she could need her eye removed if its cancerous. i need to take her to a vet but i'm scared, i will because she depends on me for her care and i owe her that.

yay! thanks! your cat is also beautiful. i really hope the girl cat pulls through. i'm a bit worried cos my cat has got a red spot in her eye, she could need her eye removed if its cancerous. i need to take her to a vet but i'm scared, i will because she depends on me for her care and i owe her that.

Thanks. :) That is a picture of her. It is really scary bringing them to the vet when you're worried. I felt a lump on my girl's belly for months and ignored it, but eventually it was like twice as big and it hadn't been very long so I took her in. Ended up on credit card debt again but she's alive.

This round is surprisingly slow compared to last. I'm adding an incentive: if you win, you get to invite, to your home, one (1) sexy Bluelight moderator of your choice. Oh the prestige! Oh the glory! But you have to submit an entry to even have that chance! ;)