• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 400: Anything Goes!!

Which of these submissions is your favorite? Please see the first post for the official entries.

• 1. Zopiclone Bandit

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 2. chinup

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 3. leet

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 4. madness00

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 5. mal3volent

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 6. dreamflyer

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 7. Xorkoth

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 8. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 9. busted.produk

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 10. Mr.Deeds

• 11. Speed King

• 12. thujone

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • 13. sigmond

• 14. schizopath

• 15. F.U.B.A.R.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
VOTING FINISHED! Please congratulate our winner:

Chinup!

* I went with the most recent photo submitted unless someone specified otherwise. If you would like a different photo of yours than what I posted below (that you already posted in the thread) to be the "official" submission, please PM me ASAP and I will swap.

Here are your candidates:

1. Zopiclone Bandit

26907156_191089891635520_6455807868443897603_n.jpg

2. chinup

3. leet

4. madness00

HhCUfao.jpg

5. mal3volent

D7HdfFt.jpg

6. dreamflyer

20180823_124209.jpg

7. Xorkoth

Ix99EyA.jpg

8. hydroazuanacaine

comfort%2B10180%2Bfinal.jpg

9. busted.produk

20190425_132944~2.jpg

10. Mr.Deeds

11. Speed King

12. thujone

iZIrux.jpg

13. sigmond

14. schizopath

DSC-0017

15. F.U.B.A.R.

===============================================================================================================

HAPPY 400th PHOTO CONTEST!!

This round's theme is ANYTHING GOES (a special celebration of the 400th LAVA Photo Contest!!)
as selected by your reigning City Master : Xorkoth

Submissions can be original photographs of anything you want. There is no subject restriction. As a celebration of the 400th photo contest, we are accepting any photo this round. Please do not use post-processing, but you can use filters and other tools.

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules

1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until August 15th.
  3. Voting will open from August 15th through August 30th.
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or...
      • Updated: Images can now be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want. We like Xenforo. %)
  7. This contest, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as whatever custom title you want (subject to mod approval)
  8. PS don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time for the dog days of summer, before the days start getting cooler and darker again. It also comes with special discounts in the staff canteen!!!

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. But you'll have to pick one for the final submission on August 15th. If you submit multiple photos and do not specify which one you want to go with, the most recent will be chosen for voting.

Last edited:
*Takes picture of madness taking a picture of triplets equidistant from each other*

I'm so meta

Yes, one entry per person. Sometimes people will post a few and then choose one before submissions end.

Reactions: CFC
1st post.

Going to use the three cubes rule, watch your asses.

*takes picture of triplets equidistant from each other*

Where did you learn that concept from?
Whoever turned you onto that concept must know their basic "rules" of photography & also be ok with a camera too I bet.

Sometimes people will post a few and then choose one before submissions end.

So glad to see this post up & a new comp running as I am 100% getting a new camera on my pay day, this gives me another reason to get my shit together, put down the foil & pick up a camera at F1.4

As in the quote above so I MAY change my mind on this one but for the time being I toss this into the ring.
It is in the UK, the 2nd city called Birmingham right in the middle of the city in a very heavy Provoke magazine Daido Moriyama-esque style.

26815327_190646705013172_7543881479261048537_n.jpg

Nice, very evocative.

THANKS, I truly mean that btw.

You know as much as I love my heroin when I get good feedback from a fellow photographer it feels about as good in a way if you understand me on that point. I took up photography due to the fact I'd always liked it & people like Roger Ballen I worship, when I got feedback from people in my camera club or online I get a really good feeling from it, I am so used to people calling me a junkie or "fucking retarded" as I have really bad dyspraxia it gets to you after a short time, for some reason photography takes away all my issues & I feel happy for a short period of time. I know it may sound mad but walking the streets taking photos for 8 hours a day actually makes me so happy, I don't feel like killing myself for a really long period of time.

Thanks man, that comment has really made my day & I mean that more than you will ever know.

When all you ever hear from folks is how "fucking retarded" you are but it is down to dyspraxia so you CANNOT do anything about it or people cussing you down for your drug issue it starts to really get at you, the moment I found out I had some skill with a camera & some people could actually "see" what I was going for in terms of photography I did a small cry (no joke)
One of my most proud moments was when the "leader" of the local photography club singled my work out & held it up to the group, he spoke a good 5 mins JUST on my photo & still uses it as an example of "abstract photography & an example of postmodernism, that touched me so deeply & FINALLY it dawned upon me maybe I am not so fucking retarded after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
Nice pic zb but manchester is the 2nd city! And its the greatest city on earth for good measure. Why do you think the bbc moved here, not Birmingham? Uks biggest uni, music, sport, constant rain, currently in an economic boom, northern, we got everything.

right anything goes makes it difficult to choose! so picked ones i don't see easily fitting into another category....

yaza mosque:

truck in a dust storm in jordan:

stuff for sale in yazd:

Chinup, they're all great but I personally like #4, the three potted plants