• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 399: Cities (VOTING CLOSED)

Please vote for your favorite submission from the below contenders:

• 1. mal3volent

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • 2. chinup

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 3. leet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. hydroazuanacaine

• 5. TheBeardedMasonite

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 6. Xorkoth

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 7. madness00

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 8. medbithead

• 9. BehindtheShadow

• 10. White_Rose

• 11. ashwolf22101

• 12. Captain_Heroin

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • 13. animal_cookie

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 14. dreamflyer

• 15. Kaden_Nite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED, VOTING IS (finally) OPEN!

Please vote for your favorite entry (see below for all of the entrants with their submissions). We'll leave it open until we get sufficient votes but let's try to get this done in a week or two!

1. mal3volent

2. chinup

3. leet

4. hydroazuanacaine

cincy%2B1280.jpg

5. TheBeardedMasonite

6. Xorkoth

Slhz6cc.jpg

7. madness00

eqkKQ1x.jpg

8. medbithead

VSM01sG.jpg

9. BehindtheShadow

cCTYxUZ.png

10. White_Rose

mGdG2JR.jpg

11. ashwolf22101

12. Captain_Heroin

7MhLJhZ.jpg

13. animal_cookie

41302528_10106568016584034_4712449833841983488_o.jpg

14. dreamflyer

Shopping Village.jpg

15. Kaden_Nite

====================================================================================================================

This round's theme is CITIES
as selected by your reigning Lady of Light : chinup

Submissions can include any photos of any part of a city. Perhaps it might be a cityscape panorama from a high place, or perhaps it's a dark, neglected corner of a run-down building. Or perhaps it's a tree in the middle of pavement. Anything goes, as long as it's city-related. Please do not use post-processing, but you can use filters and other tools.

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules

1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.​
  2. Submissions will be taken until May 15th.​
  3. Voting will open from May 15th through May 30th.​
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.​
  5. Photographs must be your original work.​
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.​
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].​
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.​
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.​
      • Free image resizing and hosting website - Imgur, or...​
      • Updated: Images can now be easily resized in Bluelight posts by simply dragging them from the corner into the size you want. We like Xenforo. %)

7. This contest, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as MetroMaster (or a variation of his or her choosing within mod discretion)​
  8. PS don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.​

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time for the beginning of Spring, when the light begins to dissolve the shadows. It also comes with special discounts in the staff canteen!!!

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. But you'll have to pick one for the final submission on March 31st

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay that was faster than I expected. Get your submissions in! As always, the dates are soft dates and we will extend them if we don't feel we have enough yet, but it would be nice to get these moving back a little more like they used to. :)

I' love raygun gothic, and decay. This picture has both!

Nice one mal. :) I'm planning to take my camera into my city and find some good photos sometime soon.

Shadowmeister,

I realize the theme is cities, however can the image feature people, say within a city along with a structure? Or would this detract from the theme too much?

Sure, it just has to be city-related. If it's people with a city backdrop that's cool.

About to take some blurry AF pics with my Obama phone. They'll blow you away with their rustic look.

Stay tuned.

'The edge of town' taken on my Sony a300 I believe it was the standard lens.

Those submissions above are astonishing, great pictures so far!

Wow, so stark... gave me shivers.

Man I just thought of a great photo but I can't submit it because it was a picture of a castle some guy built in Colorado, way outside of any town. I love it though. I'll post it anyway but it won't be my submission.

Slhz6cc.jpg

The bulbs in the foreground and in the reflection.. The rounded ceiling in the distance.. The casual computer workers and the man walking away.. The "Fiction".. The railing..

Boston Public Library.

LOL.

eqkKQ1x.jpg