• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 80mg oxy sustained release

Trev26

Bluelighter
Hello,

I got my hands on 6, 80mg oxy sustained release but i am a little concerned about od-ing. I get prescribed percs, 5-325 for chronic back pain. usually I take 1 too get some relief from the constant pain, if i take 2, i feel pretty good, and if i take 3 I'm pretty wrecked. About 6 months ago (maybe longer) i got some 30 mg oxy IR. I would break them in halves and get obliterated.

So my questions are, is there any safe way of taking these pills, and do i have too take the whole dose at once. Also is swallowing these the only of taking them.

I don't consider myself a high opioids user, but don't think I'm exactly a noob either. Ive just been kinda of reading a lot of scary stuff about the 80s, and stuff saying its easy too od if you don't have a super high tolerance.

Anyone who is experienced with these pills, I would love too hear from you. Also any suggestions on dosing or really any extra information you have, please share.

Thank You

The 80 & 160mg (160mg no longer used) were intended for people with substantial tolerances and not opioid naive users. If 15mg gets you destroyed then I would steer clear of whole 80mg tablets as even though they diffuse fairly slowly it accumulates and even if you don't OD it could still be very unpleasant for quite awhile. If you're determined to use the 80's I would cut them into 1/4ths and no larger. If they are the new Oxycontin OP's then the Polyethylene oxides should make for a nice diffusion rate. If you are using a generic formulation then 1/5ths would be a good starting point. If this seems like it's more trouble than it's worth then toss or trade them for something that you'd be more comfortable with.
Welcome to BL, Good Luck and Stay Safe!

Cut em into quarters, crush a quarter and separate it into 2 doses one bigger than the other, in the end it should round out to a little over 5 15 mg doses each

As the person who explained it will stated the newer hard pills still retain their time release pretty well while the old formulas that powders, which are only available as generics in new presses while most OC ones now like the classic press are likely fentanyl or some other opioid analog like fent or u-47700. So basically if you break a new pill it can still be considered an ER formulation pill while the old formula if crushed into a powder becomes closer to immediate release, but retains it's slow release to a degree unless you like microscopically blend it or something.

The 80 & 160mg (160mg no longer used) were intended for people with substantial tolerances and not opioid naive users. If 15mg gets you destroyed then I would steer clear of whole 80mg tablets as even though they diffuse fairly slowly it accumulates and even if you don't OD it could still be very unpleasant for quite awhile. If you're determined to use the 80's I would cut them into 1/4ths and no larger. If they are the new Oxycontin OP's then the Polyethylene oxides should make for a nice diffusion rate. If you are using a generic formulation then 1/5ths would be a good starting point. If this seems like it's more trouble than it's worth then toss or trade them for something that you'd be more comfortable with.
Welcome to BL, Good Luck and Stay Safe!

Still give them to terminal patients, don't they?

Still give them to terminal patients, don't they?

Possibly a handful of people in palliative care might receive them but for all intents and purposes they are no longer used. More appropriate opioids have taken their place as high dose oxycodone is more prone to side effects than more potent opioids are.

Ime terminal patients receive high dose morphine because it is longer acting.