View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Small & Handy 1-Bu-LSD (1B-LSD) Thread

Weltmeister

Bluelighter
Apparently vendors are sending out samples for testing right now. Its supposed to be similar to ALD-52 and 1P-LSD. The exact chemical structure isnt out yet but it should be pretty easy to guess.

Is it even active ? I have a feeling its not but Id love for someone with more knowledge to correct me

Is it even active ? I have a feeling its not.

Well, often butyl is futile but if 1P-LSD was acting as a prodrug then it may well work. I don't know much about the enzymes that attack these things.

^ wasn't this "butyl is futile" about chain lenght in amphetamine type compunds?

the compound proposed here would be similar to 1P-LSD but with a 4-carbon chain (butanoyl) instead of a 3-carbon chain (propanoyl) at the 1-position (indolic nitrogen). I guess if 1P and ALD-52 are active this should be as well.

I assume that it would be active considering its just a homologue of ALD-52 and 1P-LSD. It would be interesting if the longer chain made it metabolize more slowly, creating a longer lasting LSD trip. The makers of 1P-LSD made a small batch of 1-ortho-toluoyl-LSD and someone who tried it said it lasted about 24 hours.

^ wasn't this "butyl is futile" about chain lenght in amphetamine type compunds?

"There's ethyl and propyl but butyl is futile". Nothing amphetamine-specific - it applies to many other substitutions (4-position for phenethylamines, amine of tryptamines, probably the 6-position N of LSD), not to mention that have nothing to do with psychedelics.

the compound proposed here would be similar to 1P-LSD but with a 4-carbon chain (butanoyl) instead of a 3-carbon chain (propanoyl) at the 1-position (indolic nitrogen). I guess if 1P and ALD-52 are active this should be as well.

That's what I assumed too.

I assume that it would be active considering its just a homologue of ALD-52 and 1P-LSD. It would be interesting if the longer chain made it metabolize more slowly, creating a longer lasting LSD trip. The makers of 1P-LSD made a small batch of 1-ortho-toluoyl-LSD and someone who tried it said it lasted about 24 hours.
if your info is legit, this is very exciting.

to see if chain length of the 1-substitution changes duration, making 1-Formyl-LSD would be interesting as well.

The makers of 1P-LSD made a small batch of 1-ortho-toluoyl-LSD and someone who tried it said it lasted about 24 hours.

I don't know what a ortho-toluoyl group would look like but sounds bulky, and that's really interesting that is was made, if what you say is true.

I guess the chemistry for experimenting with different subs at the 1 position must be easy, cause I don't know why else the chemists would bother making all these different prodrugs. But it's really interesting that this ortho-toluoyl variant would make it last so long. I guess it metablolizes to LSD really slowly.

This is interesting, but I'll be more excited when PRO-LAD gets synthed and released.

The guy who had 1-ot-lsd synthesized was involved with some major rc lysergamide vendors. He made some very interesting posts on reddit, but later deleted his account. He mentioned that he also had small batches of several other new tryptamines and lysergamides made. He didn't say much about them, except that ethyl-cyclopropyl-lysergamide has some similarities to LSZ.

I am shitting my pants for all these new lysergimides that are now being synthesized.

I've never even heard of 1-OT-LSD, or 1-Butyryl-LSD.
Ethyl-cyclopropyl-LSD???
Fuck m8.

I guess the chemistry for experimenting with different subs at the 1 position must be easy, cause I don't know why else the chemists would bother making all these different prodrugs. But it's really interesting that this ortho-toluoyl variant would make it last so long. I guess it metablolizes to LSD really slowly.

This is interesting, but I'll be more excited when PRO-LAD gets synthed and released.

Yeah, 1-Bu-LSD seems kind of pointless to me. Why make that and not something like O-butyryl-psilocin? 4-AcO-DMT seems to be active on its own, but something bulkier than an acetyl group might prevent it from having any activity. Then you would have something that acts purely as a prodrug for psilocin. And I think it would be an upside for a lot of people if it lasted a few hours longer than psilocin.

I'm curious why they keep making new prodrugs of LSD and not other chemicals. When 2c-b-an came out I had high hopes for more prodrugs but there haven't been any. 1-acetyl-DMT was announced but hasn't materialized.

Last edited:
The guy who had 1-ot-lsd synthesized was involved with some major rc lysergamide vendors. He made some very interesting posts on reddit, but later deleted his account. He mentioned that he also had small batches of several other new tryptamines and lysergamides made. He didn't say much about them, except that ethyl-cyclopropyl-lysergamide has some similarities to LSZ.

You do know you shouldn't believe what any one writtes on the internetz, right? Some people just get a kick out of the attention.

This guy was legit. He talked about 1P-ETH-LAD and EPT long before they were publicly available. He was also the first person to announce a certain online shop that sells indole-based compounds, months before they opened up.

I emailed one of the vendors he was affiliated with asking if the new cyclopropyl tryptamine and lysergamide analogs mentioned on reddit would be sold and they acknowledged that they had been synthesized. If you don't believe me you can inquire about these chemicals yourself, if you're aware of any well-known lysergamide rc distributors.

I'd assume TheBlackPirate says that because the quicker they're released, the quicker they can be banned. I also hope they give it some time before releasing the next one. Let ALD-52 be the newest on the RC market for awhile longer.

I think that a very strict chemist might say that 1-Bu-LSD would only be a trivial abbreviation but not a technical one since the correct ones should be Ac for acetyl, Prop for propionyl and Buty for butyryl. This way there is no confusion with Pr being propyl (Probably not Pro, which too often stands for amino acid proline) and Bu being butyl...
1P-LSD is for these reasons probably also quite a trivial name, and you'd expect 1B-LSD to be consistent. But hey, 'trivial'? Who cares at the rumor stage, right?

Also I could be mistaken - technicalities, you know ;)

Also let there be no confusing 1-Bu-LSD / 1B-LSD / 1-Buty-LSD with BU-LAD which is also discussed right about now. Interesting timing ;)

I guess that 1-o-toluoyl-LSD would be so long lasting because there is terrible steric hindrance for enzymes to cleave the amide, or does the aromatic function resonate and stabilize it more? I guess the former would be the explanation for differences in the whole homological series but the question is, when does it become really relevant? I mean: it's possible going from a 2 to 5 carbon straight chain isn't really *that* interesting but isobutyryl might make a hell of a lot more difference (in duration - these are all expected to be pro-drugs, but kinetics can change the feel of a trip considerably I am convinced)

Last edited: