• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

80 mg Oxycontin Shortage? My pharmacist says he cannot get them from distributors

Status
Not open for further replies.

v-hurts

Greenlighter
I do not know if anyone else is having trouble getting 80 OC's filled. For the past 3 months, I have had to switch over to 60's as my pharmacist indicated his distributors do not have stock on the 80s. One month, maybe, 3 months.... I am really wondering. I am in the state of Florida and use a small privately owned pharmacy and I think that may have something to do with it.

Would love to hear back from others getting their 80s filled.

Thanks for any help or comments.
V

Ive never been on 80s, but cant you take the prescription to another pharmacy? Ie. walmart, publix, win dixie

I have a "contract" with my pain management DR that says I can only go to one pharmacy to get my scripts filled. I guess I could jump ship and go somewhere else, but that would be a major cluster and by the time they get all the paperwork done, I would be deep into detox no matter how much extra I would save up. Thanks Chris.

Can't you ask your pain management doctor to just prescribe 2 x 40 mg OxyContin for the duration of the shortage?

This may be a stupid question, I'm from Europe and don't know how shit works in the U.S., but I know this wouldn't be an issue were I live. Also, there are the generics, although I personally prefer the brand-name Oxy's. We still have the original OC 80's over here, by the way, instead of the shitty OP's (well, at least I've heard they're as shitty as a barking kitty).

I'm sorry we don't talk about sourcing here, this isn't related to harm reduction. I'm closing this, if you have questions about it please PM me or another mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.