8 mm needles, and filtering for home made bacteriostatic water?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I always used 12 mm needles for subcutaneous injections into stomach area - MT2.

I thought they were the default size.

Ordered a bunch of needles recently and, turns out they're 8 mm.

I pinch the skin and inject - have I anything to worry about regarding the shorter depth?

It will reach the adequate layer for absorption and effect with with 8 mm vs 12 mm?

Secondly - mixing 0.9% benzyl alcohol and 99.1% purified water in a sterile vial;

To make bac water.

There was something mentioned previously about filtering.

I have other needles with a filter cap on them - is this the type of filter that would be sufficient?

Can anyone delineate a concise procedure for filtration using these, if that is necessary for homemade bac water?

Not sure about the second but I always use the 8mm needles. I ain't using those long needles for subq shots lol. I can hit muscle with them

I’d do a little higher than 0.9% since it’s homebrew but just mix the alcohol and distilled water then filter through a .22 micron syringe filter into a sterile vial (will probably want a 60mL syringe for that).

Needle size doesn’t matter as serotonin said

I’d do a little higher than 0.9% since it’s homebrew but just mix the alcohol and distilled water then filter through a .22 micron syringe filter into a sterile vial (will probably want a 60mL syringe for that).

Needle size doesn’t matter as serotonin said

What container do you use to do the initial mixing?

I was gonna make it so the water goes right into the MT2 vial, so - distilled water + B.A. in a spoon?

Filter it up through the syringe (1 ml) - do it twice, making 2 ml of bac water in the MT2 vial.

Practical?

Not really. Personally I’d make at least 100ml and bottle it all at once. You can mix in anything really, just something relatively clean, usually use a clean beaker

Not really. Personally I’d make at least 100ml and bottle it all at once. You can mix in anything really, just something relatively clean, usually use a clean beaker

100ml??

Yeah I mean, I don't think I'd go through that much bac water in a decade.

My last MT2 vial lasted about 3 months, and that was 2 ml worth of bac water.

Practicality in terms of basically not getting a blood infection more so.
I guess I could use the old 30 ml bac water vial I ordered from some pharmaceutical lab - that'd be considered sterile also, right?

If a beaker is suitable, I'm guessing a sterile spoon they give in the needle exchange program that comes out of the plastic sheath, should be okay for mixing up a couple ml - I'm guessing?

Maybe heat treating it first?

Would it make any additional sense to quickly bring the benzyl alcohol and sterile water to the boil on said spoon?
Perhaps killing additional bacteria before transferring to the vial.

Just looking at cost of filter/materials it doesn’t seem practical to me to make less when the additional incremental cost is basically nothing so I’d always rather have 10x too much than 1ml not enough. I’d just sell the extra to recoup costs but that’s just me.

Use distilled or sterile water and no do not boil in a spoon lol you aren’t making crack.

You can use old bac water. I've been using the same bottle for a couple years.

Just looking at cost of filter/materials it doesn’t seem practical to me to make less when the additional incremental cost is basically nothing so I’d always rather have 10x too much than 1ml not enough. I’d just sell the extra to recoup costs but that’s just me.

Use distilled or sterile water and no do not boil in a spoon lol you aren’t making crack.

Cost of the filter?

Just to make sure we're on same page - filter wise - we're basically talking about the equivalent of what's on the end of most cigarettes?

I would be using these:

FilterSyringe-04-516a50c0a93e098161419d4c2e5a0a5c.png

FilterSyringe-03-4b52f8f325bf1fae423200b7ccb924a6.png

I know of the other bigger ones but - are they really necessary?

Uh no lol Im 99% sure that’s definirely not it. This stuff needs to be put through a .22 micron filter to be sterile.

I’m going to step back and say that if you are asking these questions I would 100% not condone doing this. Need to know what you’re doing. I’d just stick with ordering some online

Uh no lol Im 99% sure that’s definirely not it. This stuff needs to be put through a .22 micron filter to be sterile.

I’m going to step back and say that if you are asking these questions I would 100% not condone doing this. Need to know what you’re doing. I’d just stick with ordering some online
I second this. Needs micron'd. I'd just order a small bottle online for like $10 for peace of mind.

Nah no panic - I just ordered a bunch of .22 micron filters off aliexpress.

Got the BA, got the sterile water, will have the micron filters, have an old bac water vial - I think I'm G2G.

You can use old bac water. I've been using the same bottle for a couple years.

I gotta ask - in terms of 0.22 micron filters - is there any real difference between brands?

I ordered 25 filters for like, 2.50 off aliexpress but, just looking on ebay now, I can get 5 filters for 8 pounds.

Pretty sizable difference and - you gotta think, maybe there's a quality difference also?

Concise question - are some syringe filters just garbage?
Is it worth it to pay more?

What filters to ya'll order?
Link?

Also - say I have a 60 ml syringe with detachable needle.

I'm assuming all needles will fit fine on the end of the filter, so's I can shoot it directly into the vial.

Is there ever an issue with this?

i.e.

Following this video;

There's no specific filter size per denomination of syringe size or needle?

PS - I know this forum has a high caution policy as in, not wanting to disclose advice to some bumpkin that would give themselves a sepsis in bumbling attempt to make their own bac water.
I'm just putting your minds to rest in that - I don't consider myself half witted juice head that's gonna compromise his health for the sake of some savings on a pharmaceutical grade product.

I'm proceeding with this because, MT2 is something I will be using indefinitely, and I feel competent and well informed enough to take the correct steps in safe manner, to ensure there's no compromise in the process.

That being said - this is my first endeavor in this preparation so, I'm asking these questions to simply ensure my understanding is unequivocal and goes perfectly, the first time.

So I appreciate the feedback from experienced users that have done this and are greatly familiar with the exact protocol.

There's no specific filter size per denomination of syringe size or needle?

Not that I've ever seen. Make sure you use a leur lock syringe though - you don't want the filter flying off the syringe and all the contents of your syringe deflecting and exploding back in your face when the pressure gets high. It happens and even though you're only doing water, it can still be pretty stingy.

Also FYI: I personally prefer bac water with sodium chloride in (as well as BA).

Just want to check also - I ordered a plastic beaker to do the mixing in.

Was this a faux pas?
Given potential leaching of plastic into the bac water?

Getting a sterile vial - difficult.

Using the old bac water vial but, it's only 10 ml.

Take on using old MT2 vials also?
Cause if I have a 30 ml syringe full of water, I'm as well to try and put it somewhere.
Storing it in the syringe itself??

A pre-filter with cotton may somehow do the trick better as will not leave you that much with a clog. We also have a thread in case you wanna learn more made by the fat pirate, @Captain.Heroin. In other words you can try tobacco filters. But I think you are a beginner since you ask this and there's no shame but for every syringe depending on country should have a built-in filter, as far as vials isn't diffcult, just buy some Diazepam or anything from pharmacy that it's stored in vials and that's it, you can sterilize it home or basically just go to a barber shop and ask him if he wants to help you. If you have any other Q feel free to ask.