• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe 8 mg of Suboxone and still craving

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Idk if it’s the fact that the Suboxone was giving me a great energy buzz in the morning when I would take it. But now I think since I’m not feeling that that I’m starting to crave opiates again. It’s either that or it’s still giving me energy but I’m still craving. I was on like a 100 mg hydrocodone habit so as you can see also I was doing oxy when I could get my hands on it.

Am I just examine it too much and just feeling the benefits that most ppl who choose to get on bupe get? The thing was I was going to go into much harder stuff. I was stealing my dads Norco making him suffer and breaking my heart. He was also about to get kicked out of PM so I did this for myself and him. I know uping the dosage won’t do anything. Just increase the side effects like head ache and such.

So I’ve been on Suboxone for four weeks and I guess I’m just feeling it’s benefits and not the opiate type High it would give me.

Idk if it’s the fact that the Suboxone was giving me a great energy buzz in the morning when I would take it. But now I think since I’m not feeling that that I’m starting to crave opiates again. It’s either that or it’s still giving me energy but I’m still craving. I was on like a 100 mg hydrocodone habit so as you can see also I was doing oxy when I could get my hands on it.

Am I just examine it too much and just feeling the benefits that most ppl who choose to get on bupe get? The thing was I was going to go into much harder stuff. I was stealing my dads Norco making him suffer and breaking my heart. He was also about to get kicked out of PM so I did this for myself and him. I know uping the dosage won’t do anything. Just increase the side effects like head ache and such.

So I’ve been on Suboxone for four weeks and I guess I’m just feeling it’s benefits and not the opiate type High it would give me.
Subutex has never given me a high but I'm a IV H user in recovery so a much higher tollerence I guess.
Methadone can help a lot more than subutex with cravings.
I would suggest just trying to quit subutex all together if it's not helping other than withdrawals, slowly taperring off, slowly week by week going down by a mg of half, and be clean altogether.
I find cannabis helps with cravings and getting fresh air.
Also thinking of how awful being on the opiates are and not to have a major set back.

Stay strong!

Well I took my morning dose like thirty minutes ago. I walk outside to smoke a cig than bam. I feel that nice energetic buzz. Now I don’t know if yesterday since I had to do stuff made me think that I was just not noticing it. But I def feel lit right now. So I think I jumped the gun to soone and was reading all these stories of how ppl just felt normal.

Is it the fact that it hovers over the opiate receptor and gives a little bit of a noticeable effect of opiates or does it just take cravings away and ppl are content with that? Because I would think it would have to give an effect for the patient to continue treatment.

Well I took my morning dose like thirty minutes ago. I walk outside to smoke a cig than bam. I feel that nice energetic buzz. Now I don’t know if yesterday since I had to do stuff made me think that I was just not noticing it. But I def feel lit right now. So I think I jumped the gun to soone and was reading all these stories of how ppl just felt normal.

Is it the fact that it hovers over the opiate receptor and gives a little bit of a noticeable effect of opiates or does it just take cravings away and ppl are content with that? Because I would think it would have to give an effect for the patient to continue treatment.
It can depend, mostly on your tollerence.
I tried subutex years before my addiction and I was high as a kite throwing up.
It removes removed opioids from the receptor but also binds to it as well. I guess some people get addicted to the feeling of making them feel normal and psychologically has an addictive effect.
Really depends on person to person.

I was on/off it for quite some time, and all it did was make me feel normal. It killed my cravings because i knew if I used within 72 hours of my last dose of sub, I wouldn’t be able to get high, and therefore I’d just be wasting my time and money. That was enough to kill any cravings.

I found dosing between 2-4mgs once a day in the mornings worked best for me.

Just take it a day at a time, and remember that these negative feelings (cravings) will pass. Don’t give up or give in. You’ve made it this far, might as well go all the way and put this chapter of your life as far behind you as you can.

it sounds more like your building a tolerance to the sub its not doing what it used to not sure what program your on but maybe talk to ypur dr about going up my buddy is on 4 x 8mg a day as of now but if your on it to stop then why go higher thats the one thing i never understood about people in programs

it sounds more like your building a tolerance to the sub its not doing what it used to not sure what program your on but maybe talk to ypur dr about going up my buddy is on 4 x 8mg a day as of now but if your on it to stop then why go higher thats the one thing i never understood about people in programs

Sub has a ceiling effect making it rather pointless to really raise your dose above 8mg. I found tapering to a lower dose around 2-4 mg brought back a lot of the positive effects produced by norbuprenorphine after tolerance had set it. It might be something to think about.