• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How many people Take Supplements, Post or Pre Load?

RudolfHess

Bluelighter
was just wondering if the majority of people on here take supplements like vitamins, or 5htp, and the like, or if people just fuck it and roll and don't take anything to counter the supposed adverse effects.
personally I've taken 5-htp before. Never faithfully, and quite sporadic. That was about all I've ever done in the way of supplements and pre/post load type behaviors...
peace out

Yes, I postload with Vitamins C, E and 5-htp...some prozac too, if I have'em lying around....
I tried pre-loading a few times but it never seemed to enhance the rolls...I dont do it anymore

Hey,
I know loads of pillheads and none of em have ever even heard of 5htp. Mind u i think that goes for most of England.
ludd

I know loads of pillheads and none of em have ever even heard of 5htp. Mind u i think that goes for most of England.
I think it goes for europe :) I really heard the first time about pre and postloading when I discovered Bl.....I even start to postloading and I am the only one among my friends....no i am not a healthhead :)

Certainly the majority of people in general "just fuck it and roll".
As for Bluelight specifically... I would still estimate that the majority of people take nothing, or take little/sporadically. Few people are picky enough to work out a plan or regimen, go to the trouble (and spend the money) to acquire the "ingredients", and then do it every time they roll. Like maybe they'd take some vitamin C with it because it was already in the house, or nick one of their mom's Prozac and take it afterward, because they had heard it might help. But I think the people that go full bore into C + E + 5htp + ALA etc etc are not common.

even if it is out of topic..
I can not understand who can somebody uses RudolfHess as a username.....RudolfHess was a nazy and a friend of Adolf Hitler and was sentenced for prison by the British

I regularly use 800-1600mg piracetam an hour prior to rolling--it seems to help me get moreout of the pills.

Yes, I always pre and post load. This usually means: PRE
vitamin c 1000mg
vitamin e 500 iu
grape seed extract 12000mg
1 high potency multivitamin
magnesium 750mg
grape seed extract 12000mg
magnesium if needed
50-100mg 5HTP
SSRI
I would usually take some 5HTP in the middle as well. I should take vitamin c post but I hate the taste of it. I would then take more 5HTP a few hours later and continue taking it for the next few days. I don't know that I feel any different for doing it, but that's not really why you do it. You shouldn't expect to be able to feel e-related neurotoxicity, and therefore shouldn't expect to feel diferent if you are doing stuff to minimise it.
I just can't understand why you wouldn't take some cheap antioxidants like vitamin c with MDMA, even if you don't do anything else for pre and post-loading.

Grape seed? Haven't heard of that one before?
Another antioxidant?
At the very least I preload with Vit C and/or multivitamins, and post with 5-HTP (although there's a combo pill available here which I had recommended to me, must try that).

Isn't Tryptophan related to 5HTP? I though i read that somewhere? If so, I guess it would be benefitial to eat Turkey/Bananas too. Bananas would also be good bcause of the Potassium which is good for the Heart, which definitely gets overworked while rolling.
Other good Brain foods:
Omega 3 Fatty Acids(Fish Oil/Flax seed oil) good for your melon and your heart.
Blueberries are now being credited for helping your Brain/mainly-your Memory
Alpha Lipioc Acid-another powerful Antioxidant like Grape Seed Xtract.
Some clue me in if Tryptophan(Turkey/Bananas)is related in any way to 5HTP...

Originally posted by Mr.Nuggitz:
Some clue me in if Tryptophan(Turkey/Bananas)is related in any way to 5HTP...
Well, I cannot supply a scientific explanation but for me eating a nice chickenwing/turkey ham and some bananas on the nexy day definately makes me feel better.
I read about chicken and bananas from an interview with Prodigy back when they had just started and I belive these guys knew a thing or two about raving and e :)
If nothing else it gives you a lot of energy...

tryptophan is the precursor for 5-htp, which is the precursor for 5-ht (serotonin).

Simon: grape seed extract is apparently a potent, long acting antioxidant that can reactivate vitamin c and e when they have been used. I use it because it isn't easy to get alpha lipoic acid here and because it works for so long (over 24 hours) and is not unpleasant to swallow. I find vitamin c nauseating on a comedown.

Thanks to reading Bluelight and similar sites I now (usually) always take magnesium and 5-htp before and after rolling. Pre-loading doesn't seem to have much effect but I do it just in case, however post-loading is very effective for getting me to work in one piece on Monday morning! It was not difficult to import 5-htp into Australia, and well worth the peace-of-mind if nothing else...

back in the day, my football coach used to tell us to eat bananas and watermelon on the days before conditioning. i guess the potassium helps you to retain water and stops cramps, (as well as the heart) so i'm sure it would be a good idea to eat some before rolling.

Personally I alllways postload with 5-htp for at least a few days following a roll and have no shitty e-hangover/depression after one day (I never feel 'great' the day right after I roll..) at all ever.

preload-postload is a life (well, brain) saver!

All anti-oxidants such as vitamn's C and E.....also 5-htp(mild AO)are good for pre and post load. It's good to have plenty of anti-oxidants available to help protect against cell oxidation. Vitamn C is water soluable so, when you're rolling and drinking water.......you're pretty much going to excrete or sweat it out. Vitamin E is oil based and possible to over dose since your body stores it.
Magnesium helps relax your muscles and reduces jaw clenching. SSRI's are one of the better things to take post load. +6hrs. I am now also taking hydergine and piracetam. Low doses as of now............will probably load up the week prior to rolling and will report back.

Im not shure what vitamins i would take to pre or post load before a night but i have taken vitamin C before i rolled.I couldnt tell any difference as opposed to not taking anything but that may be because i took different pills.My main rules are that i get plenty of rest before i roll and after I roll,and I also eat well before and after.ive rolled alot in the past and doing this has never left me in bad shape.

From about 16 hours before I roll to 4 hours after I come down I take (in total) 5g Vit C, 1800ui Vit C, 12x RDA of all Vit Bs, 750mg Mg and 250mg 5HTP (post load that one always). I then take 5HTP for the next few days at about 100mg doses.
I do notice the positive effect. I don't get fucked up as much. I don't mean I have a weaker roll, I mean its a lot cleaner. I am in full control and still have all the euphoria but I don't get the sleepy, "I just want to sit and say nothing" feeling. Much cleaner comedown and I don't get a terrible burning sensation in my head I used to get when I didnt know about pre/post loading. I spend £6~10 on pills and about £3 on loading and to me thats a well spent £3.