• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 70mg.methadone for heroin addiction doctors kept me on oxy for pain

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Doctor said i would get withdrawal if i jus went straight to meth and hes right ive gone from seventy to fifty mg and on seventy.ml.meth jjst been increased. Ive only been tsking forty mg oxy all i need problem is i wake up take 20mg crushed this is 20 or so hours after methadone theb i go chemist and feel restlessntill ive tsken rest of my oxy. Then the methsdone kicks in fully around three to four hours after dosing then i dont need a oxy till i wake up.
Is it all in my head or is it very mild withdrswal symptom as i dont get it later on in the evenjng but u think the methadone fully in effect.
Plus with a dose increase i want to try see if can go a bit lower thsn 40mg oxy.i got quite a few oxys saved up and the meth is working as not trmptef to take full dose and not tempted tongrt high.
I find the euphoria to be ninimised i still get pain relief and i need alot less.
But its every morning im gonna try dose less tommorow whilst the seventy mg methadone builds up. I habe cut down seventy mg oxy to forty mg since being on mmt

He started you in 70mg of methadone right away? That's pretty risky, even coming from heroin.

How many days have you been taking the methadone now? I recommend not taking any oxy/h/any opioid until at least 90 minutes after you take your methadone, taking something before can leave you feeling a bit iffy, to me it feels like it's not working all the way. Also, try not to fall asleep before your dose begins to work, or you may not "feel" it, even if it's still working.

The first few days on methadone can feel odd, but that will go away. Methadone takes 2 hours to reach peak plasma levels, but you'll probably start feeling it around 45 minutes to an hour, as onset and peak levels are very different things.

You asked if it was all in your head? The answer is most likely, yes. Maybe not all of it, but most of what you're feeling is likely from the anxiety of it all. Also, going from dosing multiple times daily to just once can feel different. That's one of the reasons I like split dosing, but that's not something you need to worry about until after you get stable.

Last edited:
I think it is definitely a good idea to start cutting out the other Opioids if stability and longevity are your goal. I would recommend giving the increased dose at least 5 days before making any other big decisions.

Try to make the reductions as you feel you are able but always be aware that trying to do "too much good to fast" can lead us guys into worse situations than the ones we originally found ourselves in!

Keep us posted dude 🙂

No forty methadone these qeekst ago then fifty after three days then sixty I've used once since and have cut oxy from seventy to forty mg but feel really restless so gonna take forty five just been bumped up to seventy ml
I've got sixty mg oxy spare no craving to take it and I don't feel much euphoria more sedation
Oxys are proper addictive I thought methadone would replace it but glad it's take home day as I dose fifty mg in morning and twenty in afternoon on a Sunday as methadone pain killing effects are about eight hours it been twelve hour since 20mg. Cr and fvli enmg instant and I had methadone these hours ago and why do I feel withdrawal it's annoying 😡