• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

7 meth miss

Lalaloveyou

Greenlighter
Does anyone know what a home treatment for meth miss would be? I have a miss in my hand from yesterday and it's very sore and swollen. I know it should be just a matter of time but while I'm waiting it out .. soaking it, Tylenol? Does using it make it break up a d heal faster?

The best thing to do after a miss is to run the injection site under the warmest water you can stand for 10-20 minutes while rubbing it quite vigorously. This pushes the meth into the surrounding tissues helping it dissipate into your body getting you high and reducing the chance of an injection / abscess. You can give this a try even the next day. It will reduce the swelling.

The big risk is an abscess. You need to monitor the site to see if it gets sorer, bigger, redder, hotter, or if you start getting red streaks up your arm. Monitor your own temperature as well for increases. If any of this his happens then you need to IMMEDIATELY go to the ER or a doctor and get antibiotics before an abscess really takes hold. If you do get an abscess it also needs to be drained by the doctor. It’;s not something you can do yourself safely.

The majority of misses are fine and go away by themselves but an abscess can cause you to lose a limb or your life. Don’t ignore any symptoms of spreading infection.

You can also use Hirudoid ointment to heal the tissue trauma/bruising from the meth. It speeds up healing by about 50 % timewise.

Please let us know how you go.

@Lalaloveyou do precisely as @Atelier3 said, he really knows his shit.

I'd also like to emphasise that if you have the following symptoms, please go to the Emergency Room at your nearest Hospital immediately:

At the injection site:
- redness
- it feels hot to touch
- swelling, a big bump
- it is oozing pus
- the area generally looks "angry" i.e. infected
If you generally feel:
- overly tired
- if you have a fever
- nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite, feeling bleghh
- are strangely cold and/or shivering

The red streaks up your arm that Atelier mentioned may indicate a skin infection known as cellulitis. I've had it several times before, and it NEEDS antibiotics. If left untreated it requires a hospital stay and IV antibiotics. If you get some redness around the injection site that seems to be spreading, it's a good idea to do this: (I'm just adding spoiler tags because there are a lot of pics, nothing NSFW)
x8kKNg8.jpg

uHNDuEp.jpg

kJUjOsn.jpg

ZvXkIP4.jpg

vrMEXg5.jpg

SAAgAFo.jpg

If the infection is spreading rapidly it is very valuable information to even date and time the spread, like so:
Uzg22JI.jpg

And please, please please let us know how you go okay? Take care <3

soo...you've missed 7 times???
That's pretty common trying to hit yourself after your first shot when you are now really vasoconstricted. It's almost impossible for some people to get a second shot in. Doesn't stop them trying for hours though.

Do you usually use hands? The veins are superficial and thin compared to arms, 29 or 31 gauge needles and not being in a hurry helps.

Dont use the limb to lift anything and avoid typing, keep it raised, pretend you dropped something on it if anyone asks.

Helps to keep some kind of pressure bandage on it, if you don't have any cover it with clean cloth and cut the toes off a clean sock and use that.

@Atelier3 & @n3ophy7e are spot on with what you should do in this situation. I hope it works out. If it gets to the abcess or close to the abcess stage, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION! I have seen more than a few bad missed shots that evolved into something awful because it was ignored.

That's pretty common trying to hit yourself after your first shot when you are now really vasoconstricted. It's almost impossible for some people to get a second shot in. Doesn't stop them trying for hours though.
Oh, yea, i am super familiar with this and learned really quick about some of the risk involved in missing, reusing rigs, blown veins. If i do do it (which is very rare these days) and I miss twice or just cant register after 2 attempts i give up for a bit-ish

The best thing to do after a miss is to run the injection site under the warmest water you can stand for 10-20 minutes while rubbing it quite vigorously. This pushes the meth into the surrounding tissues helping it dissipate into your body getting you high and reducing the chance of an injection / abscess. You can give this a try even the next day. It will reduce the swelling.

The big risk is an abscess. You need to monitor the site to see if it gets sorer, bigger, redder, hotter, or if you start getting red streaks up your arm. Monitor your own temperature as well for increases. If any of this his happens then you need to IMMEDIATELY go to the ER or a doctor and get antibiotics before an abscess really takes hold. If you do get an abscess it also needs to be drained by the doctor. It’;s not something you can do yourself safely.

The majority of misses are fine and go away by themselves but an abscess can cause you to lose a limb or your life. Don’t ignore any symptoms of spreading infection.

You can also use Hirudoid ointment to heal the tissue trauma/bruising from the meth. It speeds up healing by about 50 % timewise.

Please let us know how you go.
What if it’s red n a lil sore n itches n with blisters, there’s no heat to it, n I have no fever or symptoms although I have sensitive skin anyways but this is a first for me

What if it’s red n a lil sore n itches n with blisters, there’s no heat to it, n I have no fever or symptoms although I have sensitive skin anyways but this is a first for me
Just checking, are you the same person who started this thread? Or a different person?

To answer your question, you can do a warm salt compress on the area a few times a day and please keep a VERY close eye on it. If it gets worse you need to go to the ER.
Warm salt compress:
Dissolve a tablespoon of regular table salt in a bowl of hot water (NOT boiling, don't wanna burn your skin), get some cotton wool, moisten the cotton wool with the hot salty water then press and hold it on the red area for a few minutes. Do this with a fresh batch of salt water several times a day.

Just checking, are you the same person who started this thread? Or a different person?

To answer your question, you can do a warm salt compress on the area a few times a day and please keep a VERY close eye on it. If it gets worse you need to go to the ER.
Warm salt compress:
Dissolve a tablespoon of regular table salt in a bowl of hot water (NOT boiling, don't wanna burn your skin), get some cotton wool, moisten the cotton wool with the hot salty water then press and hold it on the red area for a few minutes. Do this with a fresh batch of salt water several times a day.
No I’m not, N thank u for the advice… I’ve lumped up before but this is 3 diff spots n my dumbass scratched it. I have sensitive skin anyway.. the blistering through me off.

Thanks for the good information.im sorry I couldn't reply sooner. I still have the remnants of the miss. The actual injection site is still numb but the pain left after s few days. I soaked it in hot water and epsom salts. The surface of the skin peeled a bit and there is new skin underneath. Do you think the danger of abcess is over? Should I keep soaking?

Thanks for the good information.im sorry I couldn't reply sooner. I still have the remnants of the miss. The actual injection site is still numb but the pain left after s few days. I soaked it in hot water and epsom salts. The surface of the skin peeled a bit and there is new skin underneath. Do you think the danger of abcess is over? Should I keep soaking?
The danger of the abcess forming should be gone by now, as long as you keep it clean, and don't attempt a shot in the same place again <3