• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 7-Hydroxymitragynine

OlympicSwimmer

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I wanted to start a thread about this because I did some math using wiki info on kratom and was kind of astounded. So the first thing to note is that 7-HMG is 34 fold to morphine or 34 times stronger. According to wiki, there is around .04% 7-HMG in kratom. This means in 100 grams of kratom there's around 4MG of 7-HMG. if we take the fact that its 34 fold morphine it means we would get 136MG of morphine per 100 grams of kratom. Thats a really good amount of instant release morphine, obviously it's not morphine and is 7-HMG but given the data if we could extract a pure version of 7-HMG we'd be getting a lot of really strong substance. Also, kratom also contains mitragynine, a weaker alkaloid that still plays a major effect on the brain. I'm becoming quite interested in kratom extracts because of this data. Does anyone know any way to get a pure extract or if there are any on the market? Please leave what you know as well as any way that we could extract this stuff without destroying the alkaloids. Any info is appreciated, thanks y'all.

There are extracts available on the internet. But none of them isolate the chemicals. I don't think anyone has found a cheap, easy, or efficient way to isolate that. But it would be really cool if some RC became available that was essentially what you describe above.

It is sold as a pure chemical. Expensive though! People have posted about their experiences with it on here. All this excitement over a measely 136mgs of morphine equivalency per one hundred grams? Unless 7-HO has high oral bioavailability then that isn't that high a dose all at once for someone with decent tolerance.

The problem with most "extracts" is that 7-hydroxy-mitragynine is not exactly a forgiving compound in terms of stability and storage. Even mitragynine itself can be destroyed by something like letting it sit in acidic water for 48 hours. So most commercial extracts of kratom contain much less alkaloid than you'd expect to see.

I've had a look at probably half a dozen or so differenty lots of stuff my local herbalist used to stock, and only one of the extracts actually resembled something you could call a drug (e.g. 100mg would have a pretty obvious narcotic effect). The average "kratom extract" was little more than dusty plant material and had nothing to get you high at all...

Not exactly the compound in question,
But I have had the opportunity to try a couple samples of supposedly pure Mitragynine and none of them were worth the time or money.

I remember one that was an extremely expensive orange/rust coloured powder with what appeared to be some kind of crystals that looked like crushed up root beer candy in it. Needless to say it was worthless.

I know for sure it was 99.9% pure Mitragynine because it was sold to me by a very reputable vendor. (Sarcasm)

It would be interesting to try the actual chemical though, VS something some guy whipped up in his tool shed and sold off as "pure".

There are trustworthy vendors who carry it. The problem is that Kratom is more than just mitragynine, and thus the mitragynine by itself is likely not to be as exciting.

Haven't tried myself, though.

A few years back my mom got dependent on really high quality full spectrum tincture. Actually it was what kicked off her habit again just under a grand for 500ml available from a private vendor, wasn't exactly supportable. It only took a couple months for her to start up with heroin again.

I stole some once and soaked a nug in it and let the ethanol evaporate and nodded harder than the first time I smoked h. My lips have never been so white not from fent, dope, oxy, dilles, you name it. It was like the dragon I chased and measured all opiates I tried against but nothing ever matched it. Highly recommended if you can actually handle your shit though.

136mg of morphine is really not that much, as others have said it really depends on the bioavailability of 7-HOM. Also equivalency charts don't mean shit in terms of euphoria, they are just helpful for pain and for the sake of not accidentally killing yourself.

^ Right, you can't base the in vivo effects off of a binding assay only. Affinity is a factor that decides the amount of drug that is bound to a receptor (occupancy). Just because drug 1 has a higher affinity than drug 2, doesn't mean that drug 1 will have higher receptor occupancy. Many factors beyond binding affinity influence activity (pharmacokinetics, biotransformation, functional potency).. One example is the u-opioid receptor binding affinity for fentanyl which isn't that much higher than morphine but clearly has much more potency in vivo.