TDS TDS Pets thread vs. now with added SCOMFF!

n3ophy7e

Sr. Moderator
Staff member
The previous pets thread can be found here!

Let's see all your gorgeous feathered/scaly friends and fur babies!!! <3

(Oh and please, as always in TDS, do not post any triggering photos or comments)

From the previous thread:
showing off!

724a9df0.jpg
Oh my god he is sooo handsome. What a poser! lol =D

Indeed that is one fine specimen of a lizard! I gave serious consideration to getting a bearded dragon instead of a putty tat after seeing him.

And now for something completely different. I was digging through boxes left over from my last move which I have yet to bother to unpack and found a collection of old photos. And nestled on top of the stack was this beauty!

Regus.jpg

I know that it is faded, the colours mostly washed out and that the scanning process did it no favours but this picture of when Regie and I were both still puppies instantly brought a smile to my face. He was completely and utterly, 100%, irrevocably ball-mad until the day that he died. He lived for tennis balls and always had 2 or 3 within easy reach. If he lavished even a fraction of the love he had for balls on me then I was the luckiest guy on this world. And, luckily for me, he gave me far more than that.

<3 Regus

Vaya, Et al.,

OMG I would have sworn you stole my baby Darwin! My boy is the most well behaved cat I have ever had and seen in my life. Him and I have an unbreakable bond. I raised him by myself from a wee kitten who just opened his eyes so he was only days old. I had to bottle feed him and teach him how to go to the bathroom (little factoid I didn't know at first, kittens that are that young do not know how to use the muscles to use the bathroom so the mother cat would lick them there to stimulate the muscles to do that, and I actually had to do that with Darwin, noo you sick-o's I did not use my tongue!). He lets me do what ever I need to with no complaint, I can brush him, clean his eyes and nose when he gets allergies, clean his inner ears with a q-tip, brush his teeth with a real toothbrush, clip his claws, and walk him outside on a leash!! lolol...

On a more serious note, he has also saved my life. He is so passionate for me that he gets separation anxiety when I am not home, if I am in the hospital and not home for a few days, he gets so unbelievably happy when I come home that he will stay with me every where I go, he will sleep right next to me when Im still not feeling well. He knows when I am sad as when I am laying down crying, he will jump up and lay on my chest, and (no joke) will put his paw over my mouth as if to say, "It's ok Daddy, no need to cry". OMG that alone almost brings me to tears, but he is so special to me and is so well behaved and actually shows me how appreciative he is of me in so many ways, that when I was really really sick a couple years ago, he is the only reason I forced myself to get healthier and better. Even when things in my life go so bad that I considered pulling my own plug, he would never leave my side, all of that put together of him is why I am still alive today as I could never leave him. He is too near and dear to my heart and I love him to death and I know he feels the same way about me...

So here is a couple pics, hope you all think he is as adorable as me!! :)

PS Sorry the pics are so big, Im lazy sometimes lol

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzgtMjAxMTA0MDctMDAwMS5qcGc.jpg

412195_350410868335405_100000994833130_947191_20698581_o.jpg

74232_153567411353086_100000994833130_247506_5764141_n.jpg

Last edited:
^aww he's such a smiler too! :D your description of him reminds me of my kitty. i'm quite certain that we saved each other's lives <3

here's my azrael. i know i've probably posted these pics before but it's a new thread so...:p :D

299316_10150467019690968_835430967_10871167_475318345_n.jpg

167_7361785967_835430967_434468_7598_n.jpg

395528_10150735149550968_835430967_11970696_1374485980_n.jpg

Baha!! Yess awesome title!!

Trip she is looking dashing with her red feetses!!

Regus is such a stately boy <3 he looks like he was the most awesome dog. I love GDS but I like his look especially. The more natural looking shepherd. Yanno without the crazy looking back curve. He looks so young in it. His face is one I wish I could reach through a picture and smooch all up like I like to do with my two. There are certain faces that are so teddybear-ish that I just become a weak ball of mush for. His is one of them :p.

I think the verdict is in for me too on the kitty situmacation. Gingy Tabby indeed huh?

Pain, I just LOLd at the sicko part. And the big pictures I can relate with the being lazy part but much bettar to see him with :). Especially the first pic he's all up close to the camera like ^____^.

Spork, one picture post per thread is unacceptable btw. I don't know who's standard you're going by but we demand a lot more than just one post. FYI so adjust your posts in this thread accordingly :p.

And Azrael is absolutely stunning. The first pic is such a pretty one. Green eyes on black *swooon* Does she also have brindle coloring? Like black with brown stripes? Or is that just the lighting? My friend had the most awesome brindle black and tan cat with these electric green eyes. She was the whole package with a great personality too.

Thanks Spork and Stardust! He is my baby and I am very proud of him. I'm like a proud father! And and I'm really close to my kitty since he saved my life, and I guess you could say I saved his too as he was part of a litter of kittens the mother had that the family was not expecting and there for did not want. He's a one of a kind and is very photohenic :)

Spork, your azrael reminds me a lot of my old cat Guinness of whom was murdered by the emergency vet. I had to take him to the emergency vet because he was acting funny and I told the vet that he either let me come in and hold him while doing x-rays or anything or he sedate him first as he was terrified of everyone he didn't know, well the vet refused both of my requests and muzzed my cat, caused him to have a heart attack. I was sooooo upset and mad at the vet, and I was going to knock him out until, I heard a scream and them calling for me, and even though my cat was declawed in the front (will never do that ever again!!) the vet had blood pouring out of his fore arm, apparently Guinness did not take kindly to the muzzle and caused major damage to the vet before he had his heart attack and died. I cried for 2 days straight. I am a huge cat lover. I will share more pics later for you guys!

Peace!

Pain

Azrael and Darwin are so cuuuuuute! I love the close up of Darwin, he looks like a cat with cream on his whiskers. Well ... halfway there. And I second the appreciation of the combo of black fur and green eyes. Then again, I did always have a thing for girls in black so maybe it carries over to animals. =D

And yes, Regie's snout was very smoochable Stardust. I speak from practical experience. Don't let it get around though, one has a reputation to uphold you know. *shifty eyes* I know exactly what you mean about the sloping back German Shepherds. I know that it is considered to be the most aesthetically pleasing look for them but then again, so is the the undernourished anorexic look these days and so was the blonde haired, blue eyed look in Nazi Germany. IMO the curvature of the spine looks terribly unnatural and ugly which is one of the reasons that Regus was such a handsome dog. He had the most beautiful colouring too. Even when he turned grey he looked like a distinguished old gentleman.

thanks guys, i think azi's gorgeous too. :)

that story is so heartbreaking, pain. losing a pet is always hard, but that's just awful. :(

stardust--it's not really brindle but it has a reddish tint to it. i think it might be common for black kitties to go sort of red as they age. i've had another black kitty (he was long-haired though and azibear has short hair) and he got the same reddish tint as he aged.

here's tigger (notice the reddish tint):
bd2a7c6e.jpg

and as a kitten <3:
tiggykitten.jpg

here's a couple more of azi too:
19048_273835980967_835430967_449959.jpg

DSCF1373.jpg

and this one is my aunt's dog walking with a kitten. i adore this photo :)
DSCF1599.jpg

i love kitties. :) <3

OMG Spork!!! Did you leave him in the dryer to long??? LMAO!! Absolutely way to cute! He's a long hair? Cause if so I could not imagine what it would be like to have to clean up all that cat fuzz :)

Well, here are a couple more of Darwin, I am like a proud daddy and I love showing him off as he truly is my pride and joy! The last picture, don't mind him ladies, he is always trying to pic up a nice gal with those seductive eyes! ;)

chw99cv

7gsscvw

6rq5uo4

7ffd5le

This should be good for now, I am always taking pics of him because he loves his camera time lol

Pain

he was a long-haired kitty indeed. we definitely couldn't slack on the vacuuming and grooming, but he was so worth it. also notice the little tufts of fur between his toes. i loved that sooooo much heh :D i miss him <3

darwin does seem to enjoy the camera, he poses quite nicely for it! i love the one of him under the blankets like a little person. so cute! :) <3

darwin does seem to enjoy the camera, he poses quite nicely for it! i love the one of him under the blankets like a little person. so cute! :) <3

I find it amazing how he really does seem to pose for the camera lol oh and here is the fun part, none of the pictures have been staged. I didn't put them into any of the positions you have seen, he got onto those positions all on his own :)

pain, Darwin kinda looks like my old ginger boy Smoodge :) Absolutely gorgeous!! <3

Molly likes to roll around (pun intended).

mollyk.jpg

When she was a lil bub (3~ years ago):
mollyc.jpg

Was found alongside her sisters and brothers locked in an abandoned shed.

^she's a pretty kitty and looks like a sweetheart too! :) <3

brimmy, Molly is gorgeous!! So pretty :) <3

spork I love those pics of Azrael, he(she?) is so beautiful. Jet-black kitties ftw! <3

Cosby all rugged up on a cold misty morning
cosby-5.jpg

Spork! your pic of azrael (actually the name of my former boss) in the sunshine is amazing!